Low UKCAT score, please help :( 2017 entry Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi i got 636.7 (1910) for my ukcat
    VR - 560
    QR - 650
    AR - 700
    SJ - Band 2

I am considering applying to Glasgow, Dundee, Edinburgh and Aberdeen, i want to know what are my chances of getting in

thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by may_socio)
    Oh my god we got the same score how do we know what deciles were in? oh my god im gonna cry now im panicking
    OMG GUYS I AM LITERALLY CRYING RIGHT NOW!!!!! SAME UKCAT = 590
    BUT AS GRADES: ABCC predicted AAA. What do we do?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by papajani123)
    OMG GUYS I AM LITERALLY CRYING RIGHT NOW!!!!! SAME UKCAT = 590
    BUT AS GRADES: ABCC predicted AAA. What do we do?????
    IDK MAN IM PANICKING.Im gonna try the BMAT, just in case.

ReputationRep:
    Many of us didn't get the scores we'd hoped (me included). Thankfully an average UKCAT isn't an instant rejection at some uni's - there's Cardiff and Bristol which hardly look at it and Bristol is more interested in a good PS. There's also Aberdeen.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys urgent help is needed!! Just done my UKCAT - got 580 in VR, 690 in QR, 580 in AR, and band 2 in sjt so an average of 617My predicted grades are (A*,A,A) in maths,bio,chem. I have 4 A*'s and 5 A's I have put down imperial and sussex as my two BMAT choices and I have narrowed down the list of UKCAT unis to these: so please could you advise me on which two to choose:Birmingham, St georges, Bristol ( 70% on personal statement scares me!), Durham, Norwich, Kings college, Sheffield and Southampton. The other ukcat unis have been omitted from my list due to them being too far away - so these are the best ones location wise!I don't think I will do that well in the BMAT so that puts me off adding any more BMAT unis to my selection!I really appreciate any help and advice! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I have 4 predicted A* in A level bio chem physics maths (I achieved over 93% in all 4 subjects in AS and since i'm doing cie rather than ocr, they count for 50% for my final a level grade) , a predicted A in EPQ (Total Ucas old Tariff 620) . I also have 7 A* (Bio chem phy maths econ ICT Arabic) in gcse and 2 A (english and english lit)
    Ukcat score was very weird
    VR- 500
    QR- 890
    AR- 720T
    otal- 2110
    Avg- 703
    SJ- Band 1
    Do you think my application would be successful to a uni such as queen mary for medicine (barts and london school) even with such a low VR score? (I'm an international student studyinh in uk and have ielts overall 8.5)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo_elheramy)
    I have 4 predicted A* in A level bio chem physics maths (I achieved over 93% in all 4 subjects in AS and since i'm doing cie rather than ocr, they count for 50% for my final a level grade) , a predicted A in EPQ (Total Ucas old Tariff 620) . I also have 7 A* (Bio chem phy maths econ ICT Arabic) in gcse and 2 A (english and english lit)
    VR- 500
    QR- 890
    AR- 720T
    otal- 2110
    Avg- 703
    SJ- Band 1
    Do you think my application would be successful to a uni such as queen mary for medicine (barts and london school) even with such a low VR score? (I'm an international student studyinh in uk and have ielts overall 8.5)
    Sorry I won't be much help but I want to say OMFG your QR score is just wow! Well done on that!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliyah99)
    Sorry I won't be much help but I want to say OMFG your QR score is just wow! Well done on that!!
    Thank you! I was as shocked as you are since I got 650-750 at most on medify

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo_elheramy)
    VR- 500
    QR- 890
    AR- 720T
    otal- 2110
    Avg- 703
    SJ- Band 1
    You could apply anywhere. You will be at a better advantage if you apply to places that look at your UKCAT score on the whole rather than those who break it down to score the sections individually like Nottingham.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleuves)
    You could apply anywhere. You will be at a better advantage if you apply to places that look at your UKCAT score on the whole rather than those who break it down to score the sections individually like Nottingham.*
    Thank you! Glad I didn't apply to Nottingham.

Poll
Do you enjoy your job?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.