Low UKCAT score, please help :( 2017 entry

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hi i got 636.7 (1910) for my ukcat
    VR - 560
    QR - 650
    AR - 700
    SJ - Band 2

I am considering applying to Glasgow, Dundee, Edinburgh and Aberdeen, i want to know what are my chances of getting in

thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by may_socio)
    Oh my god we got the same score how do we know what deciles were in? oh my god im gonna cry now im panicking
    OMG GUYS I AM LITERALLY CRYING RIGHT NOW!!!!! SAME UKCAT = 590
    BUT AS GRADES: ABCC predicted AAA. What do we do?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by papajani123)
    OMG GUYS I AM LITERALLY CRYING RIGHT NOW!!!!! SAME UKCAT = 590
    BUT AS GRADES: ABCC predicted AAA. What do we do?????
    IDK MAN IM PANICKING.Im gonna try the BMAT, just in case.

ReputationRep:
    Many of us didn't get the scores we'd hoped (me included). Thankfully an average UKCAT isn't an instant rejection at some uni's - there's Cardiff and Bristol which hardly look at it and Bristol is more interested in a good PS. There's also Aberdeen.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys urgent help is needed!! Just done my UKCAT - got 580 in VR, 690 in QR, 580 in AR, and band 2 in sjt so an average of 617My predicted grades are (A*,A,A) in maths,bio,chem. I have 4 A*'s and 5 A's I have put down imperial and sussex as my two BMAT choices and I have narrowed down the list of UKCAT unis to these: so please could you advise me on which two to choose:Birmingham, St georges, Bristol ( 70% on personal statement scares me!), Durham, Norwich, Kings college, Sheffield and Southampton. The other ukcat unis have been omitted from my list due to them being too far away - so these are the best ones location wise!I don't think I will do that well in the BMAT so that puts me off adding any more BMAT unis to my selection!I really appreciate any help and advice! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I have 4 predicted A* in A level bio chem physics maths (I achieved over 93% in all 4 subjects in AS and since i'm doing cie rather than ocr, they count for 50% for my final a level grade) , a predicted A in EPQ (Total Ucas old Tariff 620) . I also have 7 A* (Bio chem phy maths econ ICT Arabic) in gcse and 2 A (english and english lit)
    Ukcat score was very weird
    VR- 500
    QR- 890
    AR- 720T
    otal- 2110
    Avg- 703
    SJ- Band 1
    Do you think my application would be successful to a uni such as queen mary for medicine (barts and london school) even with such a low VR score? (I'm an international student studyinh in uk and have ielts overall 8.5)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo_elheramy)
    I have 4 predicted A* in A level bio chem physics maths (I achieved over 93% in all 4 subjects in AS and since i'm doing cie rather than ocr, they count for 50% for my final a level grade) , a predicted A in EPQ (Total Ucas old Tariff 620) . I also have 7 A* (Bio chem phy maths econ ICT Arabic) in gcse and 2 A (english and english lit)
    VR- 500
    QR- 890
    AR- 720T
    otal- 2110
    Avg- 703
    SJ- Band 1
    Do you think my application would be successful to a uni such as queen mary for medicine (barts and london school) even with such a low VR score? (I'm an international student studyinh in uk and have ielts overall 8.5)
    Sorry I won't be much help but I want to say OMFG your QR score is just wow! Well done on that!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliyah99)
    Sorry I won't be much help but I want to say OMFG your QR score is just wow! Well done on that!!
    Thank you! I was as shocked as you are since I got 650-750 at most on medify

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo_elheramy)
    VR- 500
    QR- 890
    AR- 720T
    otal- 2110
    Avg- 703
    SJ- Band 1
    You could apply anywhere. You will be at a better advantage if you apply to places that look at your UKCAT score on the whole rather than those who break it down to score the sections individually like Nottingham.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleuves)
    You could apply anywhere. You will be at a better advantage if you apply to places that look at your UKCAT score on the whole rather than those who break it down to score the sections individually like Nottingham.*
    Thank you! Glad I didn't apply to Nottingham.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.