Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How often do you exercise?

ReputationRep:
    I do 4-6 workouts a week, mostly just at home HIIT/weights (~ 40-60 minutes) and once a week I go horse riding too. When I start uni in a few weeks I'll finally be able to go to a gym, eek!

ReputationRep:
    I walk back from the train 5 days a week (45 min walk) but I never frequent the gym

ReputationRep:
    I do an hour of cardio a day (usually running...cycle as well)

ReputationRep:
    Not enough atm :lol: Seriously need to get back into routine. Should be easier now the hotter weather is on its way out.

ReputationRep:
    Cardio 6 times a week. I aim to run at least 60 miles a week and squeeze in some cycling/swimming. Lift weights 3/4 times a week. Will probably have to cut back when I start uni again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Not enough atm :lol: Seriously need to get back into routine. Should be easier now the hotter weather is on its way out.
    And I thought you were a total gum fanatic. As and when my health permits I guess

ReputationRep:
    everyday - walking to and from train station

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    And I thought you were a total gum fanatic. As and when my health permits I guess
    I don't really chew gum. Unless you meant gym

ReputationRep:
    I don't really chew gum. Unless you meant gym
    Oh, I meant gym

ReputationRep:
    5-6 times a week atm. Commuting on my bike too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    Just curious .
    For me it's usually 3/4 times a week.
    30 min speed walk everyday to and from college + pokemon go = all the exercise I do at the moment
    Going to get back into tennis because the coach I hated just left rofl and the new one can't be worse
    Would play table tennis and football more if I had more active friends :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Gym four days a week, Badminton once a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I dont exercise, however i am planning to start about 3 times a week.. Any suggestions of what to start off by doing? I dont really fancy going to gym, but there is a cycle and weights at home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC;[url="tel:67605000")
    67605000[/url]]Not enough atm :lol: Seriously need to get back into routine. Should be easier now the hotter weather is on its way out.
    Seen you post this before re the weather...

Does it stop you from working out? I'm guessing a medical condition of some kind.

How much of your gains have you lost?

-

I exercise 5-7 times a week on average.

Gym 4 times a week.
    Football Wed night.
    Ride/compete horse Sat or Sun.

I'll also do some extra light cardio on another day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unistudent77)
    Seen you post this before re the weather...

Does it stop you from working out? I'm guessing a medical condition of some kind.

How much of your gains have you lost?
    Yes mate, I was diagnosed with PoTS a few years ago and one of my symptoms is heat intolerance. Just feel rough throughout most of the summer and my exercise tolerance decreases dramatically. Last couple summers now my training had been crap.

Not lost much tbf. I've still thrown in a session here and there to help me maintain (though I've gone 3+ weeks without training at times), definitely not at my biggest right now but I'm still getting comments on my size. Mostly I've just lost definition due to the lack of activity and still eating the same haha. I've read a few times that training to absolute muscular failure under heavyish load increases the density of the muscle fibers per unit per area and helps retain muscular size throughout periods of inactivity, which sounds a bit brosciencey but given that a lot of people look visibly smaller when they've been as inactive as I have, yet I've still maintained most of my size... makes me think there might be something to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC;[url="tel:67610632")
    67610632[/url]]Yes mate, I was diagnosed with PoTS a few years ago and one of my symptoms is heat intolerance. Just feel rough throughout most of the summer and my exercise tolerance decreases dramatically. Last couple summers now my training had been crap.
    Not lost much tbf. I've still thrown in a session here and there to help me maintain (though I've gone 3+ weeks without training at times), definitely not at my biggest right now but I'm still getting comments on my size. Mostly I've just lost definition due to the lack of activity and still eating the same haha. I've read a few times that training to absolute muscular failure under heavyish load increases the density of the muscle fibers per unit per area and helps retain muscular size throughout periods of inactivity, which sounds a bit brosciencey but given that a lot of people look visibly smaller when they've been as inactive as I have, yet I've still maintained most of my size... makes me think there might be something to it.
    Ahhh ok.Doesn't sound great but others have it worse i suppose.At least we are now heading for late September and temperatures really will fall off now. Heat will be very passing. A solid 7/8 months for you to make gains now Quite possibly. Sounds like a hard thing to prove tbh.The less time you've trained, the more quickly it goes away.I know for me that after about 3/4 weeks of no lifting the rate of decline ramped up.You get it back so quickly though. After 5 months of no lifting, i have some of it back after just 2/3 weeks.Look at Kevin Levrone's progress, drugs aside, his 'muscle memory' has led to amazing progress

ReputationRep:
    Yes mate, I was diagnosed with PoTS a few years ago and one of my symptoms is heat intolerance. Just feel rough throughout most of the summer and my exercise tolerance decreases dramatically. Last couple summers now my training had been crap.

I don't think so, I think it's probably because you carry enough mass even when you stop for a while, you lose it slowly so it's not that noticeable

Ahhh ok.Doesn't sound great but others have it worse i suppose.At least we are now heading for late September and temperatures really will fall off now. Heat will be very passing. A solid 7/8 months for you to make gains now Quite possibly. Sounds like a hard thing to prove tbh.The less time you've trained, the more quickly it goes away.I know for me that after about 3/4 weeks of no lifting the rate of decline ramped up.You get it back so quickly though. After 5 months of no lifting, i have some of it back after just 2/3 weeks.Look at Kevin Levrone's progress, drugs aside, his 'muscle memory' has led to amazing progress
    Levrone is entirely drugs, muscle memory doesn't come into it with him lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'll have a few months of cutting to do for the next summer now as well lol, so it's not all gains sadly.

Yeah it's not something that's gonna be easily quantifiable and I'm not sure enough people care for it to be something the science community would look into :lol: Yeah absolutely, especially if you start out with higher rep/volume stuff, just swell right back up. Each time I've had a lay-off I always jump back in with some German Volume Training and I'm always looking much fuller within a couple weeks.
    Yeah he needs the drugs to get back to that size, but even without them if he just trained naturally he'd still go from pretty skinny to right up to looking better than most people in the gym within mere months. All because he's been that big before.

ReputationRep:
    During this summer I have been attending workout classes 3x a week. When I return to uni I'm hoping to go to the gym 2x a week as well as doing 2 training sessions of taekwondo a week.

ReputationRep:
    I work out 4 days per week, 3 days rest for those pesky muscles to recover grow stronger.

I posted my 9-week workout scheme here:
    https://app.box.com/s/1gi1ex331zxqee45zqe6xlvq22uugt67

and here is my push-ups scheme:
    http://www.100pushups.info/training-program/

Enjoy!

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.