I sent a guy a message and he unfriended me.

Announcements

(Original post by Anonymous)
    lol.
    here's what happened.

I used to fancy this guy and my friend thought it would be ****ing funny if I told him I still liked him just to see what he said.

At this point, I didn't care, I mean when you like someone you're really conscious of what they say but I wasn't feeling nervous or anything cause I don't have feelings for him anymore.

anyway I saw him at his work and told him and then just walked away he was probably like errr and just forgot about it. Later on I was gonna say it was just a prank my friend told me to do albeit not a very good one but then I was convinced not to. I just say sorry about that. He was like its fine. Then I messaged him and said I'd suck his d**k and he unfriended me lol.

Basically, I don't really care that he unfriended me but I just hope he doesn't show anyone that I know cause they might take it seriously?! If I actually wanted to do that I would never message someone where there's evidence of what I said but you know when you're doing things with friends you don't think very much.

Perhaps he thought you were being really immature and making fun of him?

(Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    I have read what you've written several times and I still can't work out why you messaged him saying you'd suck his dick. If I were a guy I'd find you very bizarre. In fact I already find you bizarre
    Idk lol, I understand where you're coming from but the way I said it was in a sarcastic & very formal way but he must've thought it was serious

ah well it's been a few days now and it's fine so I'm not worried about it anymore

(Original post by 999tigger)
    Perhaps he thought you were being really immature and making fun of him?
    That would make him realllly easily offended lol which isn't hard to imagine but :/

ReputationRep:
    btw i love how the title of this thread is all chill
    like when you click on it you're thinking oh my what an unreasonable guy all the poor girl did was send him an innocent message
    and then you read the description and you realize what this **** is all about

ReputationRep:
    I'm intrigued by the use of "albeit" in the OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Well at least we know his gay now
    :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    like when you click on it you're thinking oh my what an unreasonable guy all the poor girl did was send him an innocent message
    i <3 u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    i <3 u
    thanks

That's cause I'm actually a chill person

At least it wasn't click bait a title which this thread had a massive potential to make.

[

(Original post by Trinculo)
    I'm intrigued by the use of "albeit" in the OP
    What do you mean?

"Just a prank my friend told me to do albeit not a very good one"

ReputationRep:
    That's cause I'm actually a chill person

At least it wasn't click bait a title which this thread had a massive potential to make.

[
    yeah you keep telling yourself that=))
    you told a guy you didn't know that you wanted to suck his d*ck
    you're anything but chill lol
    how would you feel if a man sent you a similar message? wouldn't you think he was a creep?

That would make him realllly easily offended lol which isn't hard to imagine but :/
    He seems to have sussed you out though. Whats more puzzling is why you seem surprised about his response.

yeah you keep telling yourself that=))
    you told a guy you didn't know that you wanted to suck his d*ck
    you're anything but chill lol
    how would you feel if a man sent you a similar message? wouldn't you think he was a creep?
    Lol I'm not gonna tell myself anything

it'd be different if I actually wanted to and just messaged him that

Yh some guys do message **** like that I said on page 1

I did know him but not closely

ReputationRep:
    Lol I'm not gonna tell myself anything

it'd be different if I actually wanted to and just messaged him that

Yh some guys do message **** like that I said on page 1

I did know him but not closely
    idk what to tell you girl=)))
    even as a joke it's kinda s*itty
    if ****ing sean o'pry sent me a message like this right now, i'd still think it's weird

He seems to have sussed you out though. Whats more puzzling is why you seem surprised about his response.
    In the OP I've said I wasn't bothered about his response, my issue was highlighted
    I just didn't want him to take it serious & show anyone but after this I think he knows it wasn't so idm

idk what to tell you girl=)))
    even as a joke it's kinda s*itty
    if ****ing sean o'pry sent me a message like this right now, i'd still think it's weird

I do know that it's **** lol Im sure I've repeated similar phrasing several times before

Sean o pry is a completely stranger thou, also when you do things as pranks you don't send a "regular message". It's not even classified as a prank tbh it wasn't very well thought out. We were just joking around to see how he'd respond.

ofc messages like that when you actually know someone/have a thing are completely different I don't really know what you're getting at? :/

ReputationRep:
    I do know that it's **** lol Im sure I've repeated similar phrasing several times before

Sean o pry is a completely stranger thou, also when you do things as pranks you don't send a "regular message". It's not even classified as a prank tbh it wasn't very well thought out. We were just joking around to see how he'd respond.

ofc messages like that when you actually know someone/have a thing are completely different I don't really know what you're getting at? :/
    i mentioned him because he's attractive
    anyway it's not like he was your bestie or anything.. he was just an acquaintance

In the OP I've said I wasn't bothered about his response, my issue was highlighted
    I just didn't want him to take it serious & show anyone but after this I think he knows it wasn't so idm
    Well if he's irritated or bored, then he has a copy now, which he can send around. Perhaps he's not bothered what you think and will find it funny?

i mentioned him because he's attractive
    anyway it's not like he was your bestie or anything.. he was just an acquaintance
    So you mean if anyone EVER sent you a message like that you'd be weirded out? Even if you had a thing? ...

Well if he's irritated or bored, then he has a copy now, which he can send around. Perhaps he's not bothered what you think and will find it funny?
    True but I'm gonna to not worry myself on the basis that he didn't find it funny (and thus unfriended) I think it's a safe assumption to make lol

ReputationRep:
    So you mean if anyone EVER sent you a message like that you'd be weirded out? Even if you had a thing? ...

True but I'm gonna to not worry myself on the basis that he didn't find it funny (and thus unfriended) I think it's a safe assumption to make lol
    out of the blue? of course. if it were a close friend or sth, i'd probably understand it was a joke or sth
    but anyway
    all you can do now is play it cool
    so what if he shows this to other ppl? and btw he's a guy not a girl.. guys don't take screenshots of crap all day like we do)

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.