Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Can't stop stalking my ex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsychoD)
    You're not greatly dissimilar to how I was last month. Go full no contact for approx 3 weeks, unfollow on fb, snapchat, Instagram the lot. Your vision will clear and that's the only way out. Breakups should make you love yourself more, they always try coming back when they see you're stronger.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I second this OP. I know how horrible and hard it is but honestly, after a few days, it does get easier. It's better to sit at home and cry for a few days than sit and agonise over every retweet, comment, like etc and wondering what it means and what he's doing with who. Most of the time it will be nothing and even if it's not nothing that really isn't going to help you right now. Give yourself a set timeframe to wallow and be sad - about 5 days usually works for me - and after that don't mention him, write yourself a list of topics to think about in or things to do in the notes in your phone so that when you start thinking about him you have something else to concentrate on straight away, get in touch with friends and get out of the house, maybe take up a hobby even if it's just something like going out for walks.

Rebounds sometimes work but the last time I tried that (about 3 years ago) it really didn't go well. It had been 5 months since I'd broken up with my ex, so I thought I would be ok, tried to sleep with someone else and felt so horribly guilty and anxious (even though he broke up with me so I had no reason to be) that I had a big panic attack and ended up crying. Very embarrassing. There's no need to rush into something else if that doesn't work for you, but give yourself a set time to be sad then you start moving on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have quite a few girl friends but most of them I'm not close enough to open up to to this depth. I've talked to two of my closest friends about this but I don't want to burden them anymore & tell me about the extent of what I'm doing as they'll probably think I'm crazy or something
    Idk how old you are but you could try some thing like childline or one of those anonymous sites for relationship advice? if you want someone to call

dearcupid.org maybe?

Stalking him has made me feel even worse right now he just seems more superior to me socially and he's living his life whilst I'm sat here and he follows all these really pretty girls (not celebs actual normal really pretty girls who's accounts I saw and they're all taking pics at cool places or beaches or bars)
    Why would he ever think of me ever again now we're done and he can be with any of these girls

ReputationRep:
    Stalking an ex is like stabbing yourself and reopening a wound; when you stop, the wound will eventually heal.

Some people don't have the luxury of keeping their ex out of their lives, but the best you can do is minimize your exposure to them. Also, social media is perhaps the worst way of judging how exactly someone's life is playing out; he may not be as "socially superior" as you may think.

I just want to stop missing him I'm letting life pass me buy as I'm sat here moping and feeling ****

ReputationRep:
    I just want to stop missing him I'm letting life pass me buy as I'm sat here moping and feeling ****
    It takes time. Most of us do this post-breakup, but if you fill your time with self-improvement, hobbies, friends etc you'll come out on top!

ReputationRep:
    Stalking him has made me feel even worse right now he just seems more superior to me socially and he's living his life whilst I'm sat here and he follows all these really pretty girls (not celebs actual normal really pretty girls who's accounts I saw and they're all taking pics at cool places or beaches or bars)
    Why would he ever think of me ever again now we're done and he can be with any of these girls
    If it's making you feel worse, try and find a way to stop. If it's getting to the point where you're stalking anyone that interacts with him, then it's gone too far. You could always just turn off your internet at the router, turn off your phone, and have some alone time. Try and remove any possibility that you'll give in and start up again. That, or you could have a girls night out/in with your friends. Watch a film that makes you feel good and have some you time. You're gonna really struggle to move on if you can't stop watching him

(Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    Sounds to me like someone's deranged.
    I am not deranged thank you

ReputationRep:
    I am not deranged thank you
    Lmao I'm only kiddin

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: September 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.