Corbyn's Momentum planned to recruit radical Muslims to help deselect Jewish MP

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)
    Ah yes, it's all about faith. There has always been a significant quasi-religious character to the cult of Saint Jezbollah
    Sir Ham, you mentioned Saint Jezbollah not me

ReputationRep:
    The OP's frequent threads about Corbyn remind me about FredOrJohn's Brexit obsession. I think Corbyn is bonkers but this is getting silly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viffer)
    The OP's frequent threads about Corbyn remind me about FredOrJohn's Brexit obsession. I think Corbyn is bonkers but this is getting silly
    In fairness though it is all true, unlike FredorJohn's ramblings(I say that as an ardent Remainer).

The problem is you can easily demolish Corbyn with 10 minutes on Google in the small hours, a professional campaign at election time that hones in on his dodgy acquaintances could finish Labour for good if he's still in charge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    ........ you can easily demolish Corbyn with 10 minutes on Google in the small hours, a professional campaign at election time that hones in on his dodgy acquaintances could finish Labour for good if he's still in charge.
    Fingers crossed 😀

ReputationRep:
    You're only 13? You sound quite mature.

I live in Camberwell & Peckham, Harriet Harman's constituency (by the way, I think she's a good MP and a pretty nice person. There have been three particular issues I went to her for help with, and she and her office were so quick to help and so thorough in following up. She is quite popular here in the constituency and that is fully deserved in my opinion... I do accept she has made mistakes in the past).

As my constituency is one of the safest in the country, during the election last year we went up to Bermondsey & Old Southwark, which was held by the Liberal Democrat Simon Hughes (an interesting bit of history, it was a safe Labour seat until 1983 when Hughes won it against the Labour candidate, the human and LGBT rights campaigner Peter Tatchell).
    We were successful and Neil Coyle was elected in Simon Hughes place after holding it for 32 years.

I voted for Owen Smith. He has committed to a solid left-wing policy slate on economics, but has remained firm on the traditional Labour foreign policy that has been followed by all Labour governments since Attlee (commitment to NATO and the US alliance, and an independent UK nuclear deterrent). He also comes without the baggage Corbyn has in terms of his repeated associations and friendships with fascists, terrorists and murderous homophobes (and of course the £20,000 he got from Iran to shill for them on TV)

Oh just a caveat, I edited my post above so it is a bit longer now than when you responded to it.
    Why, thank you. I happen to live in Gisela Stuart’s constituency, Birmingham Edgbaston. However, considering it’s quite a middle class constituency, I bet you we voted remain, so it may damage her majority or even oust her, because it’s a fairly marginal constituency.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I mentioned on here before Momentum's working relationship with MPAC - them lot who regularly post antisemitic conspiracy theories by Neo Nazis like David Duke and who mocked the Holocaust - in regards to them lobbying against Jewish MPs (successfully on at least one occasion). Their literally in (I want to say) Oldham explicitly stated that the MP should not be trusted because they were a Jew.

An investigation was done into whether Momentum worked with them and they were caught bang to rights in it. When one of their organisers was asked about if he said he didn't see a problem with it. *

ReputationRep:
    hate on him all you want, he's still going to win the Labour leadership contest, and every day that he remains leader, he inspires more people to believe in his vision

ReputationRep:
    Internally the Tories have identified Jarvis as the greatest threat.
    Unsurprising. It's quite obvious really.

ReputationRep:
    There's the usual dose of Mail exaggeration in this. The email they quote uses the phrase 'radical youth' and knowing how Momentum people think, they probably mean 'very Left wing' rather than 'radicalised-as-in-extreme-Islamist'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viffer)
    So you think this story doesn't deserve a thread? It's extremely serious. This goes beyond Corbyn being "bonkers". That sounds light-hearted and non-threatening like its the Monster Raving Loony Party or something. The man's attack dogs of Momentum are exploiting bigotry and hatred to perpetuate more bigotry and hatred while he thrives off his USP of being a kind-hearted, non-confrontational, gentle saint. It's a sham and he's a fraud. You can see from issues like this one outlined by OP how dangerous this is. The truth needs to come out**

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    Yeah I mentioned on here before Momentum's working relationship with MPAC - them lot who regularly post antisemitic conspiracy theories by Neo Nazis like David Duke and who mocked the Holocaust - in regards to them lobbying against Jewish MPs (successfully on at least one occasion). Their literally in (I want to say) Oldham explicitly stated that the MP should not be trusted because they were a Jew.

An investigation was done into whether Momentum worked with them and they were caught bang to rights in it. When one of their organisers was asked about if he said he didn't see a problem with it. *
    I don't doubt that there are lefties who align with anti-semites in Momentum and elsewhere (some of the Muslim MPs seem to have particular tendencies and Corbyn has had no problem sharing platforms with anti-Jewish conspiradroids) but the issue is more complex than a simple anti-semite impulse because right wing Israel does carry out brutal and egregious acts and does globally seek to muddle anti-semitism with opposing Zionism or the policies of the Likud government.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    There's the usual dose of Mail exaggeration in this. The email they quote uses the phrase 'radical youth' and knowing how Momentum people think, they probably mean 'very Left wing' rather than 'radicalised-as-in-extreme-Islamist'.
    Momentum have been caught bang to rights in having a working relationship with MPAC - who openly lobby against MPs for being Jews and who regularly post anti-Semitic things. In fact this group is so extreme in their hatred that even the NUS no-platformed them. The NUS! But momentum works with them while they're enacting their hate campaigns. You can't defend that or brush it aside as a media ruse. Try all you like but it's indefensible!*

ReputationRep:
    I don't doubt that there are lefties who align with anti-semites in Momentum and elsewhere (some of the Muslim MPs seem to have particular tendencies and Corbyn has had no problem sharing platforms with anti-Jewish conspiradroids) but the issue is more complex than a simple anti-semite impulse because right wing Israel does carry out brutal and egregious acts and does globally seek to muddle anti-semitism with opposing Zionism or the policies of the Likud government.
    MPAC don't preach against these people for being "Zionists" lol. Get real. They.attack.people.for.being.jew s.and.their.literature.is.anti-JEWISH.not.just.anti-Zionism.

I'm not sure what's not clear about that. Stop brushing this issue aside. Momentum are - with this win-win relationship they have with lot - furthering MPAC's agenda. Stop defending it. It's vile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    MPAC don't preach against these people for being "Zionists" lol. Get real. They.attack.people.for.being.jew s.and.their.literature.is.anti-JEWISH.not.just.anti-Zionism.

I'm not sure what's not clear about that. Stop brushing this issue aside. Momentum are - with this win-win relationship they have with lot - furthering MPAC's agenda. Stop defending it. It's vile.
    There are bad people in lots of organisations. I'm not defending or attacking, I'm calling for objectivity.

It's interesting to see what MPAC themselves say about it - it does sound as if the Daily Mail smear machine has been at work and serves as a feeder to the other right wing tabloids and the anti-Left posters and bloggers.
    http://www.mpacuk.org/corbyn-mpacuk/

MPAC have refuted the allegations of anti-semitism and Islamist extremism generally levelled against them.
    https://www.scribd.com/document/1581...Against-MPACUK

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't it Momentum who used the term radical youth? Why don't you go and read the report and then you will be able to answer that.

I posted both the DM story and the full report so people can judge for themselves. The fact a story is published in the DM doesn't mean it's wrong; even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't it Momentum who used the term radical youth? Why don't you go and read the report and then you will be able to answer that.

I posted both the DM story and the full report so people can judge for themselves. The fact a story is published in the DM doesn't mean it's wrong; even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
    Any time I read any story about Labour or the Left or progressive movements in the Mail, I reach for my revolver. They are not a trustworthy source on these subjects - their aim is always to smear, denigrate, attack, with as few facts as possible.

It's a shame they can't remember their own profoundly dishonourable history of supporting Nazism and Hitler.

ReputationRep:
    Any time I read any story about Labour or the Left or progressive movements in the Mail, I reach for my revolver. They are not a trustworthy source on these subjects - their aim is always to smear, denigrate, attack, with as few facts as possible.
    Which is why I provided the Scribd link that has, in full, the investigation document that the Daily Mail is reporting on.

Either you are incapable of understanding, intellectually (although it is not a difficult concept), that the underlying story which is being reported on and the Daily Mail's reportage are two different things (and that the Daily Mail's reportage has no actual bearing on the validity of the underlying facts), or you are being wilfully ignorant.

But I suppose that does allow you to avoid actually dealing with the substance of the matter. Why are Corbynites so flakey when it comes to actually debating the substance of matters? Why do they immediately just do the rhetorical equivalent of putting their fingers in their ears and saying, "La la la la, I'm not listening".

This behaviour, now totally predictable when attempting to engage in a debate with an adherent of the Cult of Saint Jezbollah, is one of the major reasons why Labour voters now prefer Theresa May to Jeremy Corbyn, and why he is now the most unpopular opposition leader since polling began.

It's a shame they can't remember their own profoundly dishonourable history of supporting Nazism and Hitler.
    It's a shame you have convenient amnesia about Corbyn's own discreditable history of supporting people who express admiration for Hitler, for taking money from regimes that have questioned the Holocaust, and supported murderous homophobes. You can't hold someone accountable for something their ancestor or a previous employee of a company they work for did. You can hold them accountable for what they themselves did.

I find it just remarkable that hard leftists apply such a strict moral standard to the right, but are so relaxed when it comes to their own immoralities, their own corruption and their own alliance-making with fascists.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.