Spoiler:
    Show
    Go geek rock Go

ReputationRep:
    Not really an album but I think this song is pretty awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJMFIxY4dbI

(Original post by L'absurde)
    That sounds really cool actually. ^-^
    Even cooler when you can get original issue tapes for a couple of quid on eBay :awesome:

I'm also very much into the soundtrack from Phantom of the Paradise at the moment - if you can, give it a listen (or better, watch the film).

There's other stuff I've got too. Best one was when I got original LPs of Wish You Were Here and The Wall for a fiver each. And when a guy I know who does electicals at a charity shop gave me a reel-to-reel dictation machine that would have been thrown out otherwise (still looking for cheap quarter-inch tape).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    Even cooler when you can get original issue tapes for a couple of quid on eBay :awesome:

I'm also very much into the soundtrack from Phantom of the Paradise at the moment - if you can, give it a listen (or better, watch the film).

There's other stuff I've got too. Best one was when I got original LPs of Wish You Were Here and The Wall for a fiver each. And when a guy I know who does electicals at a charity shop gave me a reel-to-reel dictation machine that would have been thrown out otherwise (still looking for cheap quarter-inch tape).
    Ooooh, I'm tempted to start a mini-collection.

I'll check it out, what genre of music is it?

Ah, I like Pink Floyd! But I've no clue what the thing in bold is.

(Original post by L'absurde)
    Ooooh, I'm tempted to start a mini-collection.

I'll check it out, what genre of music is it?

Ah, I like Pink Floyd! But I've no clue what the thing in bold is.
    Rock 'n' Roll, with some bits more like ballads and some heavier.

And that's a small portable reel-to-reel tape recorder, a format that predates Compact Cassettes. Mine's from the late '60s.

ReputationRep:
    curve of the earth by mystery jets,
    red earth and pouring rain by bears den

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.