Corbyn's Momentum to set up a "children's wing"

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)
    By the way, is anyone else planning to watch Channel 4 Dispatches tomorrow night? They are doing an expose on Momentum, a reporter went undercover in the movement for six months.
    Yes I'll be watching it for sure. I wonder if they'll cover their collusion with MPAC.

But this is, you understand, a media conspiracy smear by the Tory media lizard people*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IkeaLamp)
    And you think various indirect, disputable threats to MPs makes Momentum even worth comparison to extremist groups like the Nazis or Soviets? :facepalm:
    The comparison was to their youth leagues set up to indoctrinate children with their ideology.

There's reports of this behaviour from Corbyn fans coming out virtually every week, there's no proof this is linked to Momemtum but these are the sort of people his leadership attracts.

http://m.stokesentinel.co.uk/mp-ruth...ail/story.html

As I said before, this stuff wasn't happening before he became leader. I can't recall a constituency office getting its windows bricked under Miliband, Brown or Blair when the resident MP challenged the leadership on something.

ReputationRep:
    It's been set up already*

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 30
Size:  32.1 KB*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    It's been set up already*

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 30
Size:  32.1 KB*

ReputationRep:
    Did you misunderstand? This is about how a left-wing youth branch is apparently the Nazi Youth or Lenin's Youth Union - by expansion, this means the OP thinks that Momentum or Corbyn's labour is essentially the Nazi party or something. Making some threats to MPs and listing them does not constitute to this. Its pathetic that you're trying to smear a progressive movement against austerity as a group who would gas Jewish people. Disgusting, please go.
    as the classic leftist loonie use of 'progressive' to mean regressive ...

i see you don't dispute the fact that that the Corbynistas have declared many ofthe PLP and those who support the a moderate social democratic appraoch as 'Fair Game' ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JRKinder)
    Never before have I seen such a strong personality cult - and never one so potentially dangerous and deluded. So we're going to indoctrinate our children now? It's as bad as forcing religion upon them at a young age, as they are young and impressionable to what they are told by their elders. It looks like Momentum are trying to turn Britain into the next North Korea, with Jezza Jong-un at the helm.
    it is a cult of personality, perhaps because of the apparent 'success' of Farage and his cult of personality ... ( if you call one incumbent defector in westminster and a few council seats 'success' )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    The comparison was to their youth leagues set up to indoctrinate children with their ideology.

There's reports of this behaviour from Corbyn fans coming out virtually every week, there's no proof this is linked to Momemtum but these are the sort of people his leadership attracts.

As I said before, this stuff wasn't happening before he became leader. I can't recall a constituency office getting its windows bricked under Miliband, Brown or Blair when the resident MP challenged the leadership on something.
    PRSOM

ReputationRep:

And have these youth groups even been set up yet? Why are you comparing them to the Hitler Youth when its still just a proposal that hasn't come into effect, lmao.

I like the idea, because it will get young people more interested/involved in politics from a young age. Although I supported remaining in the EU, many of us whinged about old people 'stealing the vote', but the truth is, 18-25 turnout was miserably low - this sort of action from Corbyn will change it to make a more representative society. Not forge some kind of neo-Nazi youth, as every anti-Corbyn nut on this thread seems to suggest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippyRN)
    as the classic leftist loonie use of 'progressive' to mean regressive ...

i see you don't dispute the fact that that the Corbynistas have declared many ofthe PLP and those who support the a moderate social democratic appraoch as 'Fair Game' ...
    Would you call turning a blind eye to austerity progressive or regressive?

ReputationRep:
    That's fitting, given that Momentum is the children's wing of the labour party.

ReputationRep:
    Disturbing. Keep children out of politics. It sickens me when I see parents dragging their 4 year old around in political banners/posters. The child doesn't even know what's going on and is essentially being brainwashed. No different than forcing a child into church as far as I'm concerned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrinceHarrys)
    Liberal is a misused term these days.

There's plenty of us on this thread(who are left and right to varying degrees) and I'd say we're all Liberals precisely because we're against this kind of nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    Would you call turning a blind eye to austerity progressive or regressive?
    austerity is necessary , unfortunately it;s the left that have created this necessity and the left who have caused the nature of austerity ... but while people blindly believe the Unison, Unite, GMB and FBU formation shroud waving teams ( and their fellow travellers who have taken over the BMA JDC) effective discussion and dialogue is impossible ...

then of course there;s Bliar;s armies of tractor production commissars who are the real cause of many of the problems in the public sector and could be reduced in number substantially if proper working practices were introduced and practitioners as managers given adequate admin support.

ReputationRep:
    Liberal is a misused term these days.

There's plenty of us on this thread(who are left and right to varying degrees) and I'd say we're all Liberals precisely because we're against this kind of nonsense.
    Liberal has become mis-used by the US religious right / GOP as a slur ...

it's back to ' if you want a ****** as a neighbour vote Labour' sentiments of the mid C20th

ReputationRep:
    And have these youth groups even been set up yet? Why are you comparing them to the Hitler Youth when its still just a proposal that hasn't come into effect, lmao.

I like the idea, because it will get young people more interested/involved in politics from a young age. Although I supported remaining in the EU, many of us whinged about old people 'stealing the vote', but the truth is, 18-25 turnout was miserably low - this sort of action from Corbyn will change it to make a more representative society. Not forge some kind of neo-Nazi youth, as every anti-Corbyn nut on this thread seems to suggest.
    As Davij038 highlighted, it's comparable to a faith school, or any other sort of youth orientated organisation with ideological motives. Kids should be left to be kids.

The EU referendum is off topic but ironic since it's Corbyn's lacklustre efforts for Remain cited as a key element in Leave's victory, which isn't surprising since he was a rabid Eurosceptic for 30 years before his dramatic transformation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    someone needs to make a poster of that

ReputationRep:
    Amazing

ReputationRep:
    Also, is anyone else not worried that a bunch of completely unqualified, non-CRB checked people will be looking after children? I don't even think that's legal. Momentum Kids will basically be a giant, neon sign saying "Paedophiles Welcome!". It reminds me of the crap that went on in hard-left German circles in the 1970s and 1980s

Not surprisingly, left-wing pro-pedophilia circles sometimes facilitated real-life child abuse. In a lengthy Die Welt newspaper article published last year, an anonymous male victim described life on a 1980s commune with then-prominent Green Party member Hermann Meer. On the commune, the victim explained, Meer’s pedophilia was open: “It wasn’t a secret, it was advertised.” He told Die Welt that he was sexually abused by “about 10 men”—most of them visitors attending meetings on commune grounds.

The period’s experimental sexual climate led to shocking projects, some of which were only publicized decades later. In the late 1960s, for example, a prominent sexual researcher named Helmut Kentler created a pilot program in which he arranged for illiterate young teenagers to move in with three known West Berlin pedophiles in the hopes that they could then learn to live “proper, unremarkable lives.” In a later report he explained that he believed the “three men would do so much to help ‘their’ boys because they had a sexual relationship with them.”
    I guarantee this sort of crap will be going on in Momentum Kids, along with political indoctrination (hell, they've totally admitted that; James Schneider of Momentum has said this is about providing "political education" for the kids). The lie now that this is some kind of general childcare provision is laughable; it is basically "Leave your kids with John McDonnell while you go work for the cause"

ReputationRep:
    It's not just a proposal, they plan for it to come into effect at Momentum's "The World Transformed" conference that will take place during the Labour Party conference.

And yes, they are absolutely comparable to the Hitler Youth, Nashi and the Young Pioneers in seeking to indoctrinate chilren with extremist politics

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.