The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

Primary PGCE Coleraine 2017-18

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
What are the tests you have to do??🙈🙈 and how was the interview??
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Reply 21
Test are just basic Eng & Maths, KS2 level. Think we got 30 min for each. Nothing to worry about. Interview was completely horrendous for me! Only 4 or 5 questions, they want you in & out as quickly as possible. Dreading it (if i even get that far again!).
Reply 22
Oh gosh os there any way of preping yourself to the maths and literacy ! Whats the story like?? Can you bring as many props as you like lol! Sorry for asking as many questions in the one reply but jow do we apply? Cant seem to find an applciation form
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey there Hcrilly, my understanding is you apply on the Ulster Uni website itself, that's what I did anyway! If you search 'ulster uni apply' into Google it should bring up the right page for you :smile:
Reply 24
Thank youu
Hi Hcrilly! Maths and English wasn't too bad, just use BBC Bitesize to practice some maths skills and you'll be fine! Interview was horrible, only 4 questions but they seemed so irrelevant to the situation, I felt like I had so much to say but just couldn't work it into my answers because the questions were so odd!
Guys I'm getting so nervous about this! Like a lot of you I have personal reasons for wanting to stay at home rather than go to England! However, someone has briefly mentioned to me that some unis will let you do your placements back home in the North rather than in the local area. Has anyone else heard of this, and know of any providers that let you do it?
I know of someone who got Jan entry into Canterbury CC Uni who is allowed to do a 6 week placement at home. Anyone else know of any other unis? Could be an option B for those of us who really don't want to leave home :s
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 27
Lilysitt what did you get asked??
Reply 28
Hi I was wondering does anyone know the deadline date for applying 2017/2018? And is it through the UUJ website or UCAS?
Hey guys, have any of you sent your applications yet?
The employment section allows you to write a lot and I'm wondering should I put the bulk of my experiences and stuff here and then focus on having the personal statement more focused on how I will make a great teacher and briefly mention my experience in primary schools through placements and work?

I'm worried about messing up my application as I don't have much experience with these sorts of things.
I honestly can't remember them exactly, but there was something about my undergrad degree and what I would change about it! Really weird. Yeah Julia, I sent my application off a couple of weeks ago. Yeah that's pretty much what I did! But I still mentioned all of my experience in my PS, just not in as much detail as in the other section. I just made sure I had different info in each one so I wasn't repeating myself xo
Original post by 2YCH
Hi I was wondering does anyone know the deadline date for applying 2017/2018? And is it through the UUJ website or UCAS?

The deadline is usually 1st November, and you apply through the Uni of Ulster Website :smile:
Reply 32
Thank you for the reply. How have you found out these dates I can't seem to find nothing online and have emailed admissions office but nothing. When do you have to apply for the police check and medical?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've applied before so I'm just going on information from previous years! Usually admissions are quite good at emailing back. I don't think police check and medical are done until you've been offered a place :smile:
I still haven't sent mine, am I really late?

I'm sending mine this week, it's so difficult writing a good personal statement in 500 words.

When do you start hearing back once you've applied? Xo
Original post by julia15
I still haven't sent mine, am I really late?

I'm sending mine this week, it's so difficult writing a good personal statement in 500 words.

When do you start hearing back once you've applied? Xo

No, not at all! I dont think theres any rhyme or reason to it; i know people who applied at the very last minute but were interviewed in the first batch. My story telling was on 14th december last year and i got the letter about 3 weeks beforehand x
Reply 36
Evening all, joining the UU applicants club - just a quick question, the part of the application where it says 'Applicants For All Courses - Please enter a value of 0', what is this in connection with? Is it just your application preference, in which case put 1? Isn't really that clear.
Reply 37
I still havent heard anything? Has anyone here heard?
Original post by Magz1
I still havent heard anything? Has anyone here heard?

No, but i was speaking to a girl who does the course atm and she thinks itll definitely be after christmas befre story telling interviews start because they dont have a december placement this year!
Anyone else logging into their online account constantly to check if the status or anything else has changed even though it never does lol.

Quick Reply

Latest