I hate my halls I want to drop out


    You need to carry on complaining to whoever is in charge of the housing. Write emails and keep calling in at their office. * Be polite but very, very persistent. * Take videos and photos.*

    Are the flats advertised as managed?**

    I have some sound cancelling headphones they cost £25 and work really well

    Have you discussed the possibility of getting out your contract? Have you tried advertising your room online there may be someone whose interested in your taking it over? Birmingham has a huge number of flats around it may not be as close to the uni but you do have a good chance of finding somewhere else
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.