Nay. Got to question what the hell is going on in UKIP right now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Agree but can't rep.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Nay. Got to question what the hell is going on in UKIP right now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To paraphrase UU's favourite quote source, I, cranbrook_aspie, am calling for a total and complete shutdown of the TSR UK Independence Party until our MHoC's representatives can figure out just what the hell is going on

ReputationRep:
    Loving the detail in this

In any case, absolutely - I wonder whether a maximum of 25 is too little though? Perhaps up to 25 on one occasion, but up to 100 in total can be given?

ReputationRep:
    Presume this is a joke bill? :confused: Section 3 is particularly laughable. You beat people and send them to a hospital to get patched up. Perhaps the biggest waste of NHS money ever??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    To paraphrase UU's favourite quote source, I, cranbrook_aspie, am calling for a total and complete shutdown of the TSR UK Independence Party until our MHoC's representatives can figure out just what the hell is going on
    Would rep but I'm on mobile xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Agree but can't rep.
    Your support is appreciated nonetheless

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Presume this is a joke bill? :confused: Section 3 is particularly laughable. You beat people and send them to a hospital to get patched up. Perhaps the biggest waste of NHS money ever??
    You're right actually - I think you've just perfected this Bill by removing the patching them up bit! Just beat em.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoggyCabbages)
    Isn't it a lot of effort to get a physician to come in and certify someone just for a mere 10 strokes of a cane?

I'm under the influence by the wording of tthis bill that caning is replacing custodial sentencing? Surely not?
    This does not replace the prison sentence. To replace the prison sentence for mere corporal punishment would be a terrible idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mactotaur)
    Nay.

"Caning shall immediately be halted if the physician or if one of the members of HM Prison Service object"

This would be invoked almost immediately, as after 3 strokes, based on observations from Singapore's corporal punishment, the defendant would have already gone into a state of shock, requiring immediate medical treatment.
    Evidence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Good to see TSR UKIP concerning themselves with the issues that really matter to our country today.
    We are dealing with issues that matter to this country today. Crime is a serious issue in the United Kingdom, and this bill takes a tough stand against crime to make Britain safe again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankielogue)
    nay, the **** are we, saudi arabia?
    This has got nothing to do with Saudi Arabia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    Evidence?
    Thank you for asking for evidence rather than flat-out denying it.

ReputationRep:

I do not see where it says in those sources that a prisoner needs to have immediate medical treatment after three strokes. It is only if the doctor deems that the prisoner is unable to take more strokes for health reasons that the caning is halted. Also, I would like to thank you for the book, as I forgot to include immigration offences. With corporal punishment for immigration offences, there will be illegal entrants, overstayers, and illegal workers.

ReputationRep:
    I do not see where it says in those sources that a prisoner needs to have immediate medical treatment after three strokes. It is only if the doctor deems that the prisoner is unable to take more strokes for health reasons that the caning is halted. Also, I would like to thank you for the book, as I forgot to include immigration offences. With corporal punishment for immigration offences, there will be illegal entrants, overstayers, and illegal workers.
    It doesn't say that - however, it does say that caning will put someone into shock. If you do some quick research into shock, you'll see that it can be life-threatening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    You're right actually - I think you've just perfected this Bill by removing the patching them up bit! Just beat em.
    Completely agree.

ReputationRep:
    Where does it say in this bill that the criminals won't spend a day in jail?
    Section six defines the punishments for the crimes. It does not say that the punishments are additional to prison sentences or other punishments, so they are not.

This silly bill effectively sentences murderers and rapists to a good whacking and freedom.

ReputationRep:

Is it me or are two of those sources (1 & 2) identical?

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't say that - however, it does say that caning will put someone into shock. If you do some quick research into shock, you'll see that it can be life-threatening.
    Tell me, how many prisoners in Singapore die as a result of being caned? It is very rare.

ReputationRep:
    Our parents and grandparents must me superhuman and harder than violent criminals then

Posted from TSR Mobile

Updated: September 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.