Should I learn Economics A level at home?

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BasicMistake)
    The AS content was quite easy despite not knowing any economics beforehand. I just started Year 13 and can already see that it's more in-depth but I still think it's straightforward. I would be worried if I was struggling seeing as I'm applying for economics at university.
    Yeah! I started fast-track economics at the beginning of the month and the AS stuff does look easy ^_^ I've just finished theme 1 and starting theme 2 within the next couple of days.

Business Studies is taking me longer however... there's so much content.

Ahh, where are you thinking of applying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninjasrule)
    Yeah! I started fast-track economics at the beginning of the month and the AS stuff does look easy ^_^ I've just finished theme 1 and starting theme 2 within the next couple of days.

Business Studies is taking me longer however... there's so much content.

Ahh, where are you thinking of applying?
    Cambridge, Warwick, Durham, Bath and Nottingham.

I'm not expecting to get into Cambridge but I'll regret not applying.

ReputationRep:
    Guys what do I do? My college doesnt let me drop Biology as I have to do 4 AS levels.I'm planning on still doing economics A level by myself. Does it matter what grade i get in biology as level? Will unis care?

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faheemcg9)
    Alright thank you. Does economics have a lot of writing? I'm not an essay person
    At AS and A2, there are still 25 markers in both. Economics does require a good amount of writing i've found

ReputationRep:
    You will find useful resources on my website at http://aleveleconomicssuccess.com/ including guided learning sheets, learning resources such as videos, articles etc as well as past papers and specimen papers for all of the boards. Hope you find it useful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BasicMistake)
    Cambridge, Warwick, Durham, Bath and Nottingham.

I'm not expecting to get into Cambridge but I'll regret not applying.
    Ohh cool! It's always worth a shot though

(Original post by Faheemcg9)
    Guys what do I do? My college doesnt let me drop Biology as I have to do 4 AS levels.I'm planning on still doing economics A level by myself. Does it matter what grade i get in biology as level? Will unis care?
    Nah, give biology no thought if you know it's not what you want to do. Don't let your other grades suffer. Only try in bio if you know you have the time.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 23, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.