Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

It's not fair!!!

ReputationRep:
    We run a career advice / CV Writing company called yourcvconsultant.co.uk. We would advise to speak to your manager and advise of your concerns. Advise you would prefer till work and see what they say. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Working as a warehouse op, I can tell you now that I'd rather be walking around grabbing stock than standing around all day. When you're standing around you're using your ankles as a pivot point, you're overworking them and because the heart struggles to push the blood back up your legs when you're standing still, you're underfeeding the muscles that are keeping you standing. That's a recipe for maximum discomfort.

However, I for one must question this thread. Why is it fair that all the men should be in the back working the stock while the women are out at front?
    Are men not good enough to work on the tills because they don't have tits and a vagina?
    Are women not good enough to work the stock because they have tits and a vagina?

I don't see anything unfair about the situation you're in.

ReputationRep:
    Because they singled me out as the only girl to be working with the boys. They're idiots for making all the guys do the running around whilst the girls get on the tills. They're sexist idiots. But if I'm going to be in the back, why should I be the only girl to do it? Why can't other girls do it too? And why can't some boys work on the tills?

ReputationRep:
    Again, I'm seeing nothing to suggest that you've been singled out. They presumably needed one more person in the back, and they put one there, and that one happened to be you. It just sounds like you're salty because you can't have a bit of a chin wag with the other women on the tills, that or you're salty because you need to lift things.

I mean, would you be complaining about all the men being in the back if you were on the tills? Would you complain if a different woman was sent in the back instead of you? Because I seriously doubt you would.

Honestly, you're better off just bringing it up with your manager or something. That or straight up quit and find another job.

ReputationRep:
    Hang on... aren't women supposed to be all 'strong and independent' and equal to guys in every way and be afforded the same opportunities because otherwise it means that all men are misogynist and the 'patriarchy' is holding women back?

ReputationRep:
    It's scientifically proven that women aren't as physically strong as men.

(Original post by Ashley Crystal)
    Have you asked them why or asked if you cna be put on tills?
    Will you be taking them to court?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Lol don't play the ugly card, I've seen some butters girls at Argos before so don't even go there.

Have you even tried asking your manager if you can work at the tills?
    savage af lmao

ReputationRep:
    So because of this, you should be put out front doing the so-called "easier job", while the men do the "physically harder job" for the same pay?

THAT is unfair.

Being put in the back doing stock work as a women is completely fair.

Again, you just seem salty because you can't have a chin wag with the rest of the female workers, that or you're salty about having to lift things. Don't like being in the back? Talk to the manager. Manager won't do anything? Suck it up or leave. There are plenty of people out there who'd likely be willing to kill to at least have a job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMcSame)
    So because of this, you should be put out front doing the so-called "easier job", while the men do the "physically harder job" for the same pay?

THAT is unfair.

Being put in the back doing stock work as a women is completely fair.

Again, you just seem salty because you can't have a chin wag with the rest of the female workers, that or you're salty about having to lift things. Don't like being in the back? Talk to the manager. Manager won't do anything? Suck it up or leave. There are plenty of people out there who'd likely be willing to kill to at least have a job.
    Nah I just don't want to climb ladders like I'm spiderman and lift heavy **** like I'm a bodybuilder. One of the girls asked me to quickly serve someone on fast track today and I couldn't even do it because I've had no practice at the front, only at the back.

ReputationRep:
    For everyone asking me to speak to my manager, SHE IS A *****!!!

ReputationRep:
    For everyone asking me to speak to my manager, SHE IS A *****!!!
    I see what's happened, I'll summarise for everyone.

You've been given a job you don't like, and you're sulking like a 4 year old rather than talking to your manager about it. What you think of her is irrelevant, she'll give you a reason as to why you're out the back (even if it is BS)
    You're trying to make out like it's unfair but quite frankly, it's because you have less than a slither of self confidence, saying "It's because I'm ugly, they just want me out the way" it's probably more likely that you're whiny and give off a really negative vibe so tucking you out the way is better than having someone with a face like a slapped arse stood on shop floor.

I'll tell you how to get out of the stock room. Speak to your manager and tell her that you want to work on the shop floor, on the tills, rather than out the back. If she says no, look for another job and leave.

ReputationRep:
    They have both sexes at the tills in every single shop in Kent, including some Argos shops. Ask to go on the tills. If the manager says no, get another job, because that's ********!!!!!:bricks:

At least you have got a paid job.

There are many out there who wish o be in your position regardless if they are pickers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donkey******)
    I see what's happened, I'll summarise for everyone.

You've been given a job you don't like, and you're sulking like a 4 year old rather than talking to your manager about it. What you think of her is irrelevant, she'll give you a reason as to why you're out the back (even if it is BS)
    You're trying to make out like it's unfair but quite frankly, it's because you have less than a slither of self confidence, saying "It's because I'm ugly, they just want me out the way" it's probably more likely that you're whiny and give off a really negative vibe so tucking you out the way is better than having someone with a face like a slapped arse stood on shop floor.

I'll tell you how to get out of the stock room. Speak to your manager and tell her that you want to work on the shop floor, on the tills, rather than out the back. If she says no, look for another job and leave.
    I'm whiny online but not in real life lmao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mvine001)
    They have both sexes at the tills in every single shop in Kent, including some Argos shops. Ask to go on the tills. If the manager says no, get another job, because that's ********!!!!!:bricks:
    She's been put somewhere she's needed, and if the manager doesn't think they need more people on the tills, thus keeps her in the back, then it's BS?

I suggest you never consider running a business or becoming a manager, because with a mindset like that, you'd fail before you got anywhere...

If she isn't needed out front, she isn't needed. If the manager can't or wont do anything about it then that's her problem. She's more than free to quit her job at any time.

ReputationRep:
    She's been put somewhere she's needed, and if the manager doesn't think they need more people on the tills, thus keeps her in the back, then it's BS?

I suggest you never consider running a business or becoming a manager, because with a mindset like that, you'd fail before you got anywhere...

If she isn't needed out front, she isn't needed. If the manager can't or wont do anything about it then that's her problem. She's more than free to quit her job at any time.
    That's my point!

ReputationRep:

Its not about whether I'm needed or not. They literally singled me out to be the one working in the back. In fact they needed someone to quickly serve at fast track and I wasnt able to. Youre acting like you spoke to the manager yourself. They said they decided that i'd be the one working in the back and she never once said anything about there not being enough space for me at the tills. Im the one thats there all the time. Theres always at least one empty space for someone to be at the till but its like they just want to hide me in the back for God knows what reason.

ReputationRep:
    Its not about whether I'm needed or not. They literally singled me out to be the one working in the back. In fact they needed someone to quickly serve at fast track and I wasnt able to. Youre acting like you spoke to the manager yourself. They said they decided that i'd be the one working in the back and she never once said anything about there not being enough space for me at the tills. Im the one thats there all the time. Theres always at least one empty space for someone to be at the till but its like they just want to hide me in the back for God knows what reason.
    You come across as a bit of a brat. If you don't like the job, then leave. I'm sure there are plenty who would be glad of the job.

ReputationRep:
    Youre acting like you spoke to the manager yourself
    Well I've read this whole topic and am yet to find the post where you said you have about this issue, only that she's a *****.

she never once said anything about there not being enough space for me at the tills.
    Theres always at least one empty space for someone to be at the till
    Then ask...?

You applied for this job knowing full well how Argos works and that you could be there and now you're complaining that you're there. And as so many people have said there could be boys there that think it's unfair all the girls are at the tills doing the easy work.

There could be hundreds of girls who applied for the job you got and could have been so desperate to work in picking they wanted the job that much, and they got you instead. Dear me.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.