Do you think the world would be better without religion?

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagnetoWasRight)
    The Qur'an taught me everything I know about getting girls.
    The bible taught me everything about getting boys. Let me hypotnise you with Biblical quotes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Defraction)
    The bible taught me everything about getting boys. Let me hypotnise you with Biblical quotes.
    I'm repping that one, GG man

ReputationRep:
    Define religion.

ReputationRep:
    Off we go again.
    I'm gonaa sit back and relax. Enjoy this thread while it lasts people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagnetoWasRight)
    I'm repping that one, GG man
    Naa man, start calling me Shepherd now. 'My girl, is my shepherd".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Define religion.
    According to the transnational company, Google, religion is "the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods" or "a particular system of faith and worship" or "a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion."Soz, couldn't give you a definition straight from my A2 RE textbook.

ReputationRep:
    This is going to be bloody...

ReputationRep:
    hmm one way to look at it is many many lives wouldnt have been lost through religious wars and hatred and science would ave been unlikely to have been held back so much.
    This being said humans seem to have a gift for finding new ways to hate and slaughter each other so it probably wouldnt be that different same story different title kinda thing.

ReputationRep:
    Live and let live bro.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.If the whole world believed that waving their hands and saying latin words over their pancakes, made it turn into the body of elvis then you would think they were crazy.If you believe the same thing about bread and a priest then you are a catholic.Of course we'd be better off without that level of insanity.

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    Nah: everydude would turn into an existential dude. And that's no good! Besides, religion offers billions community, friendship and teaches good values.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    I think the world would be better off without David Guetta and House music.

Come at me bro.

ReputationRep:
    No

You should really stop focusing on extremism. can you honestly put your hand on your heart and say that if religion didn't exist we'd all be living in peace and harmony?! because I'm almost certain that wars and suffering would still exist. People think we are killing each other over religion, I still think the basis of all evil is money. I mean ISIS are not doing what they are doing for free after all. As long as theres money and greed in this world there will be no peace

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ordo)
    No
    Why Ordo?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    Title.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Legit question: is everything alright upstairs? As you keep creating the same pointless threads that go nowhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    Why Ordo?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    With or without religions in the world, there will always be wars for those hungry for power, resources, wealth, etc. I believe living in a world with religions do teach us good values and appreciate things that matter us the most. Religious dualism plays in our everyday lives.

ReputationRep:
    A lot better.

/Thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BasharAssad)
    Legit question: is everything alright upstairs? As you keep creating the same pointless threads that go nowhere.
    I'm not perfect mentally, no.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 23, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.