Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

am i a hypocrite for not liking immigrants?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corbyhaltz89)
    my parents fit in. tjhey don't raise their kids to be terrorists, or demand shariah law. most africans, caribbeans, and Indians look to fit in, we accept we live in a white country and accept that reality.
    Another generalisation.

At what point will you actually realise that generalisations are nonsensical and foolish?

Are you trying to state that all Moslems raise their children to be terrorists or that they all demand sharia law? If that was to be true, then every Moslem in the world would be a terrorist and I am sure you know that is ********.

I do realise actually that there is a lot of crime in the Black community, whether in the USA or in London and most of it is from immigrants. Maybe we should also frown on you since you are a black child of immigrants and say that you are a criminal, rapist, robber and involved in gangs. Does that sound painful?

You are better off confessing that you are just prejudiced so we can move on to discuss more worthy things. Your few minutes of fame have run out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegalDiaries)
    Another generalisation.

At what point will you actually realise that generalisations are nonsensical and foolish?

Are you trying to state that all Moslems raise their children to be terrorists or that they all demand sharia law? If that was to be true, then every Moslem in the world would be a terrorist and I am sure you know that is ********.

I do realise actually that there is a lot of crime in the Black community, whether in the USA or in London and most of it is from immigrants. Maybe we should also frown on you since you are a black child of immigrants and say that you are a criminal, rapist, robber and involved in gangs. Does that sound painful?

You are better off confessing that you are just prejudiced so we can move on to discuss more worthy things. Your few minutes of fame have run out.
    humans generalise.

ReputationRep:
    troll

ReputationRep:
    humans generalise.
    Is that all you can come up with in defence?

Maybe you should use the time you are spending to advance your prejudice, to actually improve your grammar, punctuation and actual content of your arguments. That would be a more fulfilling and more worthwhile venture for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    troll
    Interestingly, the troll just joined TSR this month, in search of trolling opportunities.

ReputationRep:
    Smh these threads always end up a mess

ReputationRep:
    Why not just say you dislike people that don't conform to our society? rather than paint a thick brush for all immigrants? and yes hypocritically so.

ReputationRep:
    My parents were immigrants too, but I can't say I dislike or like immigrants in general. I do have a preference for certain kinds of immigrant more than others- I prefer EU immigrants to immigrants from other continents such as Asia, Africa. However if the immigrants from Asia and Africa are educated to university level I like them just as much as the EU immigrants.

It's more of a cultural and religious issue that I have with immigrants. EU immigrants have more modernity within their culture and are not likely to be as religious to the extreme as someone from Afghanistan. But even EU migrants can also bring some negative baggage with them (i.e. racism or homophobia).

ReputationRep:
    You sound pretty pathetic.

I was born British and to a British mother, yet I know that to some, I will always be an immigrant in the eyes of certain people, so I will never try to appease such people.

By the way, my Muslim mother doesn't try to "change" her country (if you mean what I think you mean) and has contributed to the economy since she was a teen. So why are people like you coming here and telling people like her to "go back"?

Ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MasterJack)
    It's more of a cultural and religious issue that I have with immigrants. EU immigrants have more modernity within their culture and are not likely to be as religious to the extreme as someone from Afghanistan. But even EU migrants can also bring some negative baggage with them (i.e. racism or homophobia).
    Certain Eastern European countries are notorious for racism.

ReputationRep:
    i'm black and my parents are from ghana, but we fit in and other ghanaians do too. but then i look down on muslims since they don't fit in, and try to change the UK. what right do they have to do this?? why not just go back? is this hypocritical?
    Muslim != Immigrant.

Someone can have a long family lineage in the UK, and still be a Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, when we went on holiday to Jamaica my Nan warned us against interacting with the Jamaican people, despite being from Jamaica herself.

ReputationRep:
    i don't care if it makes me look hypocritical.
    What? If you don't care if this makes you look hypocritical then why did you even make this thread asking if you're a hypocrite for not liking immigrants? The logic here is non-existent.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: September 23, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.