Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I feel uncomfortable when my girlfriend goes clubbing Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physics_geek97)
    x.
    If neither one of you is willing to compromise on even this tiny insignificant issue what chance do you have when something big happens?

Neither of you are ready for this relationship. It often involves doing things you don't want to do. If you both loved each other, she would be ready to stop clubbing in an instant to make you happy and you would be willing to hit the dancefloor every Friday because it made her happy.

Prognosis is not looking good, batman.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it is a stretch to say that you have "trust issues". Typically this implies the problem is with you having an unreasonably low level of trust. Clearly this is not the case, because you have ample reason to not be trusting in the circumstances. Your feelings of discomfort are both normal and sensible. As many others have said, I don't think it's good for you to be in this relationship. It would be strange if you were coping after your girlfriend has cheated quite recently and persists in going into venues renowned for being conducive to casual hook-ups.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, was just wondering whether any of you may be able to help me...

I'll try and keep this short and sweet but in short, I don't drink and don't particularly like the idea of being near people when they do and especially my girlfriend. I understand people having a casual drink with a meal but drinking to excess in a Club I really don't understand.

Me and my girlfriend have been together for just under two years now and when we started going out I let her know how I felt about drinking, partying and clubbing and that I'd much rather have a night in with her than join my mates at the pub. She basically agreed but in the last few months she's started to tell me how much she enjoys going out and well I really don't feel comfortable about it at all. It's really hard to describe but when I know she's out, I just get this sick gut feeling and I can't do anything about it.

I have some trust issues as she has got with somebody in the past 3 months and so we're trying to work on/move on from that in a mature way but I can't help but think of what could be happening there (if that makes sense?)

Feel free to ask me anything as it may help with me being able to explain things but I was just wondering whether anybody else had been in the same boat and if so, how the found a way to cope with it.

Thanks! 😁😁
    Trust your instincts and ditch her now.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry mate. As much as you might love her, you're just not a good match when your lifestyles are so divergent. Break it off gently so you can still be really close friends, but find someone more in tune with your particular lifestyle / life choices. It will feel more natural and blossom into goodness.

ReputationRep:
    Cuck

ReputationRep:

I'll try and keep this short and sweet but in short, I don't drink and don't particularly like the idea of being near people when they do and especially my girlfriend. I understand people having a casual drink with a meal but drinking to excess in a Club I really don't understand.

Me and my girlfriend have been together for just under two years now and when we started going out I let her know how I felt about drinking, partying and clubbing and that I'd much rather have a night in with her than join my mates at the pub. She basically agreed but in the last few months she's started to tell me how much she enjoys going out and well I really don't feel comfortable about it at all. It's really hard to describe but when I know she's out, I just get this sick gut feeling and I can't do anything about it.

I have some trust issues as she has got with somebody in the past 3 months and so we're trying to work on/move on from that in a mature way but I can't help but think of what could be happening there (if that makes sense?)

Feel free to ask me anything as it may help with me being able to explain things but I was just wondering whether anybody else had been in the same boat and if so, how the found a way to cope with it.

Thanks! 😁😁
    Your relationship is over. Sorry

ReputationRep:
    Serious suggestion, have you ever looked into cuckolding?
    I'd suggest arranging a threesome with another man, but let them go together first while you watch. Hopefully it will crush your insecurities, as she wouldn't be cheating because she would have your consent.
    Heck if you enjoy it make it a regular thing. If not, then leave her for a girl who hates drinking.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like coercive and controlling behaviour on your part, careful now.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7319501.html

ReputationRep:
    you should break up with her and wait back. save for a few years and find someone decent who won't cheat on you

ReputationRep:

Thanks! 😁😁
    Bro the moment she cheated on you, you should've left her long time ago, she's really not worth your time and effort. I understand you have trust issue which in your case it would only make sense but at the same time you do need to give her, her own freedom but knowing what she did in the past. I'd be very vigilant with her. I hope I helped someway bro

ReputationRep:
    So she cheated on you before and you're still with her? Grow a set and leave her.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't even bother reading any responses (no offensive, because t's so fudging obvious). She's already f.ucking other dudes. Ditch her, as much as it might heart. Maybe in time you could have some of friendly relationship. But, she's dissing you bro. she's doing the dirt. F her off or you will a punk ***** four life.

Grow a spine bone man. Be a man for f.sake. Get some self respect from your biological masculinity

ReputationRep:
    I just say don't bother.

Why are you still with her? She cheated on you. You deserve much better because you genuinely seem like a nice person who's trying to make the relationship work and by the sounds of it she doesn't care much. You have already told her how you feel about the clubbing and while I do realise she is her own person and has the freedom to do what she wants and go out clubbing all the time, if she was a better girlfriend perhaps she would have limited the time she went out clubbing or come to some sort of negotiation with you. That's what I would have done personally. But despite knowing you're uncomfortable with it, she is continuing.
    To add to that, she cheated on you. Why are you trying to move on? It was highly disrespectful of her to do that whilst going out with you. I'm guessing that you're justifying it by telling yourself that she only did it because she was drunk. Well, the things we do while we are drunk are what we want to do deep down, but don't have the confidence to actually do whilst sober... Well, it's true, most of the time.

So yeah, if you want, you could try to "control" her (I do disagree with this though because she's her own independent person), but honestly, you could do better, and find another girlfriend who's more loyal. Hope I helped!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 23, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.