Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

You're now the CEO of your job. What is the first thing you do?

ReputationRep:
    Well I run my own business... so I guess do what I already do!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    Embezzle all that I can and run off to a country where I can't be extradited back to the UK
    So, France?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    Whew...

Harmonize the pay scales between different newly acquired sites/takeovers of the business, since there is much discontent that staff in one site are getting paid about 20% less in some cases for what is realistically more work than in other sites.

Although clearly not popular with investors especially when profit forecasts were not met, I'd look at technicians of almost all experience brackets getting a 10% boost in salary purely due to the fact that practically all competitors and especially universities (though that's a little different) pay more for the same roles and this is starting to cause shortfalls of experienced staff as they move to said competitors, where they'll be paid more and have less responsibility.

Again unpopular but one must speculate to accumulate, total overhaul of the software and IT systems used, as they're archaic and are holding back the ability to offer better and more rapid services, relating again to harmonization, since sites use totally different software packages which impacts on how data can be shared. It is at the point where broken pieces of equipment are difficult to replace because they are no longer manufactured or aren't compatible with Windows XP or software based on even older versions. Other equipment is being used that if it were to break tomorrow, would grind work to a halt and yet there are aren't any replacements ready to come into use.

More focus on getting foreign business, particularly from outside Europe, profits are down due to cancelled business (not the fault of the company) but with brexit hurting us due to supply costs going up, it should also be used as an upside as we can offer our services at more attractive prices with the devaluation of the pound, particularly for American clients.

...so much more lol.

But first thing would be harmonize the pay scales and positions which exist between different sites of the business.

You've been planning this for a while haven't you? Talk about a revolutionary takeover. Jokes aside, smart plan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Spend a considerable amount of the profits on booze and hookers.
    Like Wolf of Wall Street.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    So, France?
    Hey, if I can keep the money and live comfortably and peacefully for the rest of my life, why not?

ReputationRep:
    well as the CEO already do what I was about to do anyway now work is over and drink some bourbon and smoke some bolivars

ReputationRep:
    CEO of unemployment, eh? Sweet.

ReputationRep:
    Re-structure immediately, nothing like showing power that way.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catinsomehat)
    Is this how you welcome a pay rise?!

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.