Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ingrown hairs are ruining my life (hairy girl problems). Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm in my early twenties and, even though it's pretty embarrassing, I've always been really hairy. For the most part, I tried not to think about it too much growing up since I never dated or wanted to be with anyone. Now though, there is someone in my life. We hardly see each other (though that is a tragic tale for another thread) so it's hard enough as it is. I don't even know how long we'll be in each other's lives but I miss him every day that I don't see him. I want to make the most of the time we have together.

The thing is, I have a major ingrown hair problem which means I can't even let myself do anything with him. I know it may not sound serious but I literally cannot remove hair without having bumps and ingrown hairs all over. My legs are disgusting all the way up. All my life I've had so many body issues and a lot of them I've just learnt to accept I can never change. But this I can't get past. What man expects to get intimate with a girl only for her to have ingrown hairs all over? It's disgusting. I've never known any other girl to have this issue. Whenever I see girls' legs or bikini line, I always look and it makes me feel so *****y. Why can't I just be normal? I don't know what to do. I've been so depressed over this person not being in my life and now that he's back in my life, I feel depressed because I can't let him near me.

After removing hair you should always exfoliate afterwards and every day for a few days after. Don't wear tight clothing also helps. Have you tried these methods?

ReputationRep:
    i would say exfoliate quite hard in the shower then moisturize so it softens your skin and repeat

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.