Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I REALLY want to go to Uni please! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ze Witcher)
    I can't tell if you're a troll or just plain arrogant. Cardiff is good and just bring up on your AS grades, I'm assuming you have done a reformed subject too? Just do a bit extra work outside of lessons
    I don't know why peple are saying it is good, why do we live in a world wehere peple say awww it is good, IT IS RANKED 140TH, that means 139 univerities are better, that is ****. you guys spend £10,000 on a uni that is ****. WHY??

Don't pretend that it is good, it is the top 10 unis and rest are ****, I don't know why peple don't admit it.

And I worked hard for my grades, my birthday was during my exams so obviusly I wasn;t going to do as well as I hoped. And my teachers keep saying not to apply.

**** the teachers I am going to apply to Cambridge.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam_neely99)
    I don't know why peple are saying it is good, why do we live in a world wehere peple say awww it is good, IT IS RANKED 140TH, that means 139 univerities are better, that is ****. you guys spend £10,000 on a uni that is ****. WHY??

Don't pretend that it is good, it is the top 10 unis and rest are ****, I don't know why peple don't admit it.

And I worked hard for my grades, my birthday was during my exams so obviusly I wasn;t going to do as well as I hoped. And my teachers keep saying not to apply.

You got crap AS grades, do you think the best universities will take you in?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    With that attitude I don't think you would get into university.
    Have you gone to any open days?
    Why do you think you got bad grades? You do realise you have to put the work in yourself. If a teacher didn't teach a topic or you missed out it's your responsibility to catch up.

This is why I show little to no sympathy for most people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    You got crap AS grades, do you think the best universities will take you in?
    What did you get in yor AS's I am dying to know

ReputationRep:
    Well don't ask us if you can get in. Do what you need to do!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    What did you get in yor AS's I am dying to know
    Better than you, and I didn't get into Cambridge :rofl:

Try again.

ReputationRep:

I assume you are talking world rankings not uk rankings. You are aware that universities in the top 100 in the world are considered world class?

However if you insist on top ten in the world you have only four options in the UK Cambridge, Oxford, UCL and Imperial College London. You could go to Edinburgh who are considered 19th best in the world but thats not top ten so by your standards they are ****.

I think your a troll.

ReputationRep:

As a student in Cardiff uni, I just wanted to say that I am very offended about what you just said. It is not the uni that makes "money" it is YOUR hard work. Now I don't care if you couldn't study during exams or if you were frankly not capable. But someone like you won't get into the top 1000 unis.

Stop looking down on Cardiff and realize that perhaps university is not for you.

I had a great freshers week btw
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:

Why all the swearing too? People are trying to offer you help and all you're doing is basically shooting down all help.

If you want to receive help from people be thankful for their advice and don't shoot them down. If you really know better then why the hell are you here? Get a grip.

Resit your AS. I'm gonna say this: You will not get into Cambridge with your grades. Your attitude would easily show during any interview. Just by reading your post I immediately see you in an exceptionally negative light.
    • Very Important Poster

You just sound like a troll.

Nothing stopping you applying to Uni, but if you dont have the grades or are way off on predicted grades, then you will not get an offer. That would make it pointless, but you seem determined to apply to Unis beyond the capabilities you have shown.

Better to get the grades first i.e the A* you believe you are capable of and apply then, which would result in you getting offers.

ReputationRep:
    Why would I apply for Cardiff, that uni is ****! what is the point you probably wont even get a ****ing job, you are wasting your time mate.
    Cardiff is a fantastic university. What clearly is a waste of time is attempting to help someone like you.

ReputationRep:
    You will not get into Cambridge or any top university with those grades. You need to improve this year, study really hard and get A*A*A in your A levels, then apply to Cambridge next year. You still might not get in though because it's that competitive.

People with grades a lot better than you go to much worse universities than Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    0/10 troll
    • Very Important Poster

Nahh mate I said Cardiff Uni is ****, Cambrige uni is where I want to go... Do you know the diffrence...I do
    The difference between aspiration and ability. TROLL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    The difference between aspiration and ability. TROLL.
    lol got rekt

ReputationRep:

That is the most bullish*t I've ever heard. I took my Statistics exam while I was fasting (no flipping water or food, and was sleep deprived) and while on my work experience week (no additional revision) . I took my Chemistry exams while also fasting, so you saying that you're birthday was causing a problem, please..... It sounds like I'm making excuses but I am not, I ploughed through it.

Sorry if I sound blunt. You just didnt perform as to expected. Don't blame your teachers afterwards about the predicted grades.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  bait.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  12.5 KB..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.