Unilever Future Leaders Programme Online Games - WTF?????

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lay-Z)
    I did it a while ago, was funny as it related to my behavoural economics module.
    Seems pointless though, was tempted to cheat especially on the spacebar one using two fingers or on the memory one.
    Did it legit and still waiting to hear back 12 days later.

These tests are a poor reflection of charicter, worse than SJT imo
    No news is good news as they say!!! Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mushpantsbc)
    How would one cheat on the memory one?
    writting down the numbers, I got 8 on that but probably could have got more.
    The standard numerical tests are a much better measure of ability than these objective stupid tests. Not to mention cultural test bias

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l.donaldson)
    No news is good news as they say!!! Good luck x
    Cheers, I'm guessing im below their ideal level and are waiting to see if they get many more apps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l.donaldson)
    Hi! I just failed mine and I'm so frustrated as even with my feedback I don't see where I went wrong how do you know if you didn't 'okay' or 'good' on something? All I can see is like in cognitive traits for example 100% flexibility in multitasking, 47% you use trial and error to formulate a plan. I find it really hard to understand the feedback/ what would have gotten me through

I don't know really, just that in my opinion sometimes one side of the scale seemed more beneficial than the other side. If you like I can email screenshots of my report and you can maybe work out what they wanted from that so you know what to work on for next time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sajerz)
    I don't know really, just that in my opinion sometimes one side of the scale seemed more beneficial than the other side. If you like I can email screenshots of my report and you can maybe work out what they wanted from that so you know what to work on for next time.
    Totally ballsed up the interview! Was so hard

ReputationRep:
    what sort of stuff did they ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lay-Z)
    writting down the numbers, I got 8 on that but probably could have got more.
    The standard numerical tests are a much better measure of ability than these objective stupid tests. Not to mention cultural test bias
    If you only got 8 - whilst you were cheating - serious questions need to be raised! Besides, if you need to cheat to actually get past the screening process, it's likely you're not a good fit for the job, and the job isn't a good fit for you.

I sounds quite difficult, what was the format? Seems odd that they mention hypotheticals and a case study without someone being there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pmc:producer)
    If you only got 8 - whilst you were cheating - serious questions need to be raised! Besides, if you need to cheat to actually get past the screening process, it's likely you're not a good fit for the job, and the job isn't a good fit for you. * I sounds quite difficult, what was the format? Seems odd that they mention hypotheticals and a case study without someone being there...
    I think he/she actually said they were tempted to cheat because it was easy to but didn't for that very reason... unless I read that wrong.

Its 4 questions, 30 seconds to prepare and 3 mins to answer for the first 3. The 4th question is a business case and you get 10 mins to prepare and 5 mins to present. You get asked the questions in video format first and then get the question on-screen in written word during the 30 seconds (or 10 mins) preparation time so you can read it again.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that. It was really quite difficult. I don't think I did fantastically at all but I was just happy to get through it without completely having a meltdown.

Did you get the weird automated-sounding feedback through email?*

ReputationRep:
    were the first 3 questions why you want to do the role/competency based?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lay-Z)
    I did it a while ago, was funny as it related to my behavoural economics module.
    Seems pointless though, was tempted to cheat especially on the spacebar one using two fingers or on the memory one.
    Did it legit and still waiting to hear back 12 days later.

These tests are a poor reflection of charicter, worse than SJT imo
    I just checked my emails and I heard back within a day or two. It seems a bit strange. Could email them just making out you are checking they got your games results submission?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 21123)
    were the first 3 questions why you want to do the role/competency based?
    Competency

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou_100)
    Competency
    strange they don't ask why you actually want to do the role!!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that. It was really quite difficult. I don't think I did fantastically at all but I was just happy to get through it without completely having a meltdown.

Did you get the weird automated-sounding feedback through email?*
    Yes I did, just said under all of the different aspects 'you showed some bla bla bla however could've done this and that' so I assume I didn't get through. Not sure how long we have to wait!

ReputationRep:
    Competency
    do you mean like leadership etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 21123)
    do you mean like leadership etc?
    Partly, more can you solve the problems in the given scenarios.

ReputationRep:
    Partly, more can you solve the problems in the given scenarios.
    are there scenarios for the first 3 questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 21123)
    are there scenarios for the first 3 questions?
    Scenarios for all the questions, although I applied for R&D and I'm not sure they'd be the same for other disciplines.

ReputationRep:
    Scenarios for all the questions, although I applied for R&D and I'm not sure they'd be the same for other disciplines.
    I don't really get what you mean by scenarios, like do you mean a scenario and then what its really asking is to demonstrate a competency?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 21123)
    I don't really get what you mean by scenarios, like do you mean a scenario and then what its really asking is to demonstrate a competency?
    They give you a scenario with a problem that reflects the actual job you are applying to do. Therefore they are trying to determine whether you would be competent in that role.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.