Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

fat guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey guys
    So I have met this guy online dating
    We're going on a date soon
    Only thing is he is a size XL and I'm a girl who is a size six
    I don't know is this a big size? Does it mean he's fat?
    Do you think this is/should/shouldn't be a turn off?
    I like his personality but thinking about his size puts me of

Well it depends on his build and height, if he's more robust and has big bulky muscles than yeah he might be a size XL.

If not then is doesn't matter does it? If you like his personality then go for it. Don't be too shallow and decide not to date him because of his looks.

If you don't fancy him when you do meet him. Just enjoy the date and the freebies and tell him your not interested in a 2nd date or something.

ReputationRep:
    Sizes can vary a lot and his build is very important. I mean he could be 6ft 5 and really muscular which would mean his size was totally explainable, or he could be very short and perhaps overweight there is no way of us knowing. You should go on the date as you like him as a person and decide then whether you are attracted to him or not, don't base any decision on a clothes size as a small in one shop may be equivalent to a large in another

(Original post by Rhaenys10)
    did you really ask him what his size is?=)))))))))))
    Yes!

Hey guys
    So I have met this guy online dating
    We're going on a date soon
    Only thing is he is a size XL and I'm a girl who is a size six
    I don't know is this a big size? Does it mean he's fat?
    Do you think this is/should/shouldn't be a turn off?
    I like his personality but thinking about his size puts me of
    It would be hard to tell without seeing him. he could simply be large and muscular. You couldnt tell without a full body shot. He might work out and come in as XL or XXL simply becayse he was mire bulked up.

See what you think of the date and just treat it as some food etc with some company.

(Original post by ELVsLP)
    so you haven't seen his pic?

and yet you wanna meet him?

sounds dodgy

unless you have? fact is theres no point asking us, some guys wear a bigger size even when they don't look that big. all depends on how tall they are and where the fat is distributed. meet him, if you like him then you like him. if you don't then don't meet him again after the date, simple as
    I have seen it
    But not his top body from far if that makes sense
    Only his face

(Original post by 999tigger)
    It would be hard to tell without seeing him. he could simply be large and muscular. You couldnt tell without a full body shot. He might work out and come in as XL or XXL simply becayse he was mire bulked up.

See what you think of the date and just treat it as some food etc with some company.
    Ah okay yes I see what you mean

ReputationRep:
    Yes!
    why didn t you ask for a goddamn pic?

Ah okay yes I see what you mean
    I'm only just reading the thread, but you commented you are worried he will get fatter as he ages. You arent marrying him. A relationship of 3-6 months would be a long one at your age. You are overthinking it.

Lets say he was nice and you liked him. If he was a bit overweight its something he could easily lose. Dont overthink it.

Please post on whether he was fat or not.

(Original post by 999tigger)
    I'm only just reading the thread, but you commented you are worried he will get fatter as he ages. You arent marrying him. A relationship of 3-6 months would be a long one at your age. You are overthinking it.

Lets say he was nice and you liked him. If he was a bit overweight its something he could easily lose. Dont overthink it.

Please post on whether he was fat or not.
    That's the thing, I don't know if he's fat, but he says he's an xlarge clothes size and says he will go gym more so I'm assuming he is.
    I asked him for a full body photo but he says he doesn't have one, so I feel like it's awkward i I were to ask him for one or ask him how fat he is!
    We both want something long term preferably to get married soon, like within a year or two.
    But how would I know he would definately lose wait if we were together?

ask him on the date of course, if thats your main worry then be sure to tell him early.
    he would do the same if he didn't like your weight, trust me!

ReputationRep:
    That's the thing, I don't know if he's fat, but he says he's an xlarge clothes size and says he will go gym more so I'm assuming he is.
    I asked him for a full body photo but he says he doesn't have one, so I feel like it's awkward i I were to ask him for one or ask him how fat he is!
    We both want something long term preferably to get married soon, like within a year or two.
    that means he s fat yeah
    did you give him a pic of you?

ReputationRep:
    Don't ask him if he's fat (though it doesn't sound like a bad idea if you ask me)

Ask him to Skype. Then tell him to get you something from his flat. Or ask him to stand up, see his clothes. Something like that.

EDIT: I just realised how ridiculous this topic is. Best to let it go if it's a deal-breaker to you.

ReputationRep:
    I have to wear XL shirts with certain brands even when I'm lean these days because of my height and build. Definitely doesn't automatically mean you're fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I have to wear XL shirts with certain brands even when I'm lean these days because of my height and build. Definitely doesn't automatically mean you're fat.
    i doubt this is the case with op's date lol

ReputationRep:
    i doubt this is the case with op's date lol
    Yeah just been reading back through the thread haha, most likely not.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah just been reading back through the thread haha, most likely not.
    yeah
    honestly ppl are being all judgy and **** but i wouldn't go on a date with a person i didn't see first either:|

ReputationRep:
    yeah
    honestly ppl are being all judgy and **** but i wouldn't go on a date with a person i didn't see first either:|
    Me neither. I'm into the gym lifestyle and require the same in a partner, sexual attraction is also very important to me. Doesn't make me shallow as several other things are also important to me - I'm very picky about who I let into my life and spend my time with based on the type of person they are.

ReputationRep:
    I know but I'll be going against loads of people and behind there back to go on the date
    Cause of my culture
    So I want and hope the guys worth it
    You're allowed to date... If other people don't like that, ignore them because they are living two centuries ago.

ReputationRep:
    Me neither. I'm into the gym lifestyle and require the same in a partner, sexual attraction is also very important to me. Doesn't make me shallow as several other things are also important to me - I'm very picky about who I let into my life and spend my time with based on the type of person they are.
    ikr
    op mentioned the fact that this fella told her he'd go the gym... to me, that sounds like 'i m overweight rn but i intend to get fit ...God knows when'
    and yeah, sexual attraction is important too... i mean if you don't look forward to a date (and op clearly doesn't) then what's the point of going? a free meal? no thanks

listen up mah gurl)
    the fact that you wanna get married soon doesn't mean that you're compatible
    everyone has a full body photo or a selfie or sth like that
    this guy you're speaking too sounds really shady.. i mean he could be a 60 yr old for all you know
    if u don't know what he looks like, how are u even going to recognise him when u get there?

ReputationRep:
    I am a large on most UK/euro market shirts but that's down to my shoulder width so is it that OP

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: September 25, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.