My parent is having an affair, what do I do. :(

ReputationRep:
    Only one thing to do... tell stem

ReputationRep:
    I wanna know how stem reacted?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Right so, my parent is not behaving like a parent + I don't know what to do.

He's behaving like a child.

Like an idiotic child who has no sense of awareness.

I've tried to express my concern regarding his pathetic decisions but it isn't helping.

Ive tried to talk to him about it in my serious-adult voice, but that isn't helping either.

I'm not even sure I can do anything about it all bc it feels as though it's out of my own control.

So the other day we were parking our car + I told him that it's really frustrating me + I expressed how much I can't focus bc of it + he said that I shouldn't worry about it, that I should stop thinking about it + casually went onto ask what I wanted for lunch.

He keeps saying that it's HIS business so I shouldn't be concerned but I don't think he realises that it's MY business too.

He thinks he's being comforting bc he speaks in this consoling tone + when I get really heated he proceeds to talk about stupid advertisements or offers me stuff that I don't even want as a way to divert attention.

Also, he involves me in it only when it suits him.

Proving it's my business.

Even though I don't actually want it to be.

I don't even think it's an affair bc my parent is not married, I don't know what it is or how to describe it.

He's basically dating a woman who's already in a relationship.

For ease of explanation let's call the woman, Petal + the man, Stem.

The absolute, absolute worst thing is that on Saturday, i.e. yesterday, he invited the couple for the day + thus for dinner so all 4 of us sat there at the table whilst Stem was completely unaware of this relationship between Petal + my father.

I felt incredibly uncomfortable bc not only were they flirting throughout the entire meal but Stem didn't even notice.

It makes me sick.

I just feel sorry for Stem but I don't know what to do.

I also feel equally sorry for my parent bc this is not the way to go about finding a new relationship.

Additionally, I am worried about the consequences.

Also Petal + my parent have been seeing each other without Stem knowing.

Like, they see each other all the time.

My father visits Petal in the evenings at least twice a week + returns at, like, 1-3am when he has work the next day.

Infact, last weekend he got back at 5am + woke me up at 5-FRICKING-AM.

What is he playing at.

Petal also comes round + acts as though I want to get to know her when I totally do not.

Yes, she's nice.

No, I don't want her niceness inflicted upon me.

They must both think I'm an idiot or something bc when she comes round my father tells me that they're working through business stuff but I know they're not.

In addition, when they visited yesterday, Petal + my father went out to sort out Petal's car whilst me + Stem were at home.

They went out all alone for over 3 hours.

The entire situation is really irritating me but I feel rather helpless.

I find it hard to accept.

It's all utterly disgraceful + I can't even.

Stem was fine with it; he thought my father was just helping Petal out with stuff so I spent the entire afternoon talking to Stem about my life whilst drinking copious amounts of peach juice.

They took so long that Stem had to take me out for lunch.

He's such a lovely person.

I don't understand why my parent is doing this.

It also meant that I couldn't do any of my work bc I was too busy tending for my parent's guest.

I currently still can't do my work bc I can't stop thinking about it.

I have so much to do + the thought of not completing it by the end of tonight is getting overwhelming.

This therefore means that I am most likely going to die tomorrow.

I'm rather stressed out.

The only reason I am posting this is bc I've been sitting here since 9am like: :dong:

+ to make it worse, Stem + my father are good friends.

Quite good friends.

+ I thought I was bad.

Literally wtf.

I'd talk to my sibling about it but my sibling is not here.

I don't want to call her for advice + tell her everything bc she's currently abroad + has more important things to do right now + I don't want to ruin anything for her bc that is unfair.

Like, I LITERALLY HAVE NO ONE TO SHARE THIS WITH BUT I NEEDED TO GET IT OFF MY CHEST.

If you're wondering how I know then it's bc my parent basically told me a couple months ago that he was going to get married.

I won't go into how I felt about that which I now realise was a fine suggestion + I was being partially unreasonable bc everyone has their needs + ways to cope but anyway he made me meet Petal then I later discovered that Petal is already married/has a boyfriend/I don't know.

It's not even about him dating anymore bc I realise that I am not a child + can't have him to myself all the time, but heck, this woman has got an entire family.

Did I forget to mention the three children.

If my father was to ever get into a relationship then I'd prefer it not be a morally illegal one or one that involves other children.

I do not wish for anymore siblings.

Infact, that'd deeply upset me.

More than I could ever describe.

I didn't even want to meet Petal.

Why on earth would I want to meet her.

But I put my selfishness aside + did it for my father.

For what? To realise that it was all infact a lie + there is/was no marriage.

Lmao at my entire life being on this forum.

I just feel so ashamed + confused that my parent is being so... Uh.

A couple weeks ago, my parent ordered me to go to my friend's house for a couple days so he could invite Petal over.

I didn't want to go bc I wanted to be left alone.

He apparently couldn't invite Petal to his house bc of these various stupid reasons like the house is too messy + Petal lives closer to me.

Despite the fact that I'm pretty sure my house was even messier.

I also didn't want him to prioritise this stranger over me.

Yet he evidently did.

It was shortly after results day so as much as I love my friends' company, I was feeling tremendously awful + didn't want to interact with the world.

Or leave my room.

Or my house.

Or my anything.

I didn't want to speak to a single soul.

But he wouldn't stop asking so I eventually just gave in.

Admittedly, it did me lots + lots of good but I can't believe that he requested such a thing.

I also can't believe I agreed to it.

I wish I hadn't.

The thought of the two of them makes my skin crawl.

Also, my parent is going abroad soon for work stuff + since Petal is more/less his work colleague he is going to go with Petal.

Stem is going to be in England.

Firstly, I'm already terribly upset at the prospect of my parent leaving for several months.. which I do understand can't be helped.

But then if that wasn't enough he's going away with someone else's girlfriend.

Wtf.

I don't even want to cry anymore, I just think I need.. I don't even know what I need.

If you do comment in this thread, pls be respectful bc just bc.

If you don't comment in this thread bc you don't know how to help me then.. I don't blame you, this is a mere rant + I don't know how to help myself.

**** the lentils.
    This was 10/10 I want to read your rants all the time.

ReputationRep:
    I've been in a similar situation before and it's so much harder just to turn your back and ignore it than people say. Personally, I contacted the 'Petal' of this situation and had a serious word. I explained, over email, how much yhis was affecting my family and how much it would affect his. I knew his wife and kids and explained how they had put me in a position where I didn't know whether to stay quiet or fess up. Keep in mind I was 13 at the time and had no clue what I was doing. He and my parent promptly broke it off and he begged me not to say anything and that he wanted to make it right with his family. I don't know if he did, because I cut ties with them all after that, but it ended. My parent was upset with me at first but she saw the email I sent to him and understood somewhat. She moved on pretty quickly. What I'm saying though, is maybe try talking to 'Petal' and explain everything to her. She's hurting people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Join in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    ffs have you not heard about paragraphs?
    If you're that incapable of reading a few sentences then commiserations + I wish you a smooth recovery.

(Original post by 999tigger)
    You do appear to be getting yourself more worked up than you need be.
    Oh right so my parent is betraying his children, his life + absolutely everyone + everything ever + you're telling me that I'm getting myself "more worked up than I need to be".

+ here I was proud of the fact I had remained composed in the entirety of that post.

I'm so angry that I'm not angry.

Angry at how he could even go through with such an act when he knows how difficult I am finding everything right now.

When he knows that I can't cope.

He is supposed to be here for me.

For us.

I don't care if you think his world does not revolve around me bc he's my parent so it essentially does.

Or it should.

He is aware of the fact that I'm pretty much alone in all this but I am clearly in no way important enough to make him stop.

He is going to be leaving so soon + the least he could do is wholly be here for me now.

Bc it will be so hard without anyone.

I'm dreading it.

+ he knows that.

The only way I would ever be able to take charge of this predicament is if I behaved in an unruly manner.

It's pathetic + from experience, it's the only thing that works.

I don't wish to resort to desperate measures.

Besides, he knows exactly what it's like for a child to have to go through divorce + he doesn't care.

He is going to be the cause of a broken family + all he can think about are his desires.

There is no sense of guilt + HE DOESN'T CARE.

Bc he never does.

It's his fault that I've remained at home today.

His utter selfishness is wreaking havoc.

But no, that's completely right. - I'm exaggerating.

Gaahhhhhh.

Maybe you're speaking the truth.

Maybe I should just stop caring.

Maybe I care too much.

Maybe I don't care at all.

Maybe I don't know.

Maybe no one knows.

Maybe I should invite the pair of them to participate in sex in my fricking bedroom.

That is infact a marvellous idea.

I'll permit you to take credit.

Let's do it.

Call the lawnmowers.

You dont indicate your age
    18. - Not that I believe it makes any difference to the scenario at hand.

or situation.
    Pretty sure my situation is explained explicitly in the OP.

If you're that incapable of reading a few sentences then commiserations + I wish you a smooth recovery.

Oh right so my parent is betraying his children, his life + absolutely everyone + everything ever + you're telling me that I'm getting myself "more worked up than I need to be".

+ here I was proud of the fact I had remained composed in the entirety of that post.

I'm so angry that I'm not angry.

Angry at how he could even go through with such an act when he knows how difficult I am finding everything right now.

When he knows that I can't cope.

He is supposed to be here for me.

For us.

I don't care if you think his world does not revolve around me bc he's my parent so it essentially does.

Or it should.

He is aware of the fact that I'm pretty much alone in all this but I am clearly in no way important enough to make him stop.

He is going to be leaving so soon + the least he could do is wholly be here for me now.

Bc it will be so hard without anyone.

I'm dreading it.

+ he knows that.

The only way I would ever be able to take charge of this predicament is if I behaved in an unruly manner.

It's pathetic + from experience, it's the only thing that works.

I don't wish to resort to desperate measures.

Besides, he knows exactly what it's like for a child to have to go through divorce + he doesn't care.

He is going to be the cause of a broken family + all he can think about are his desires.

There is no sense of guilt + HE DOESN'T CARE.

Bc he never does.

It's his fault that I've remained at home today.

His utter selfishness is wreaking havoc.

But no, that's completely right. - I'm exaggerating.

Gaahhhhhh.

Maybe I care too much.

Maybe I don't know.

Maybe no one knows.

Maybe I should invite the pair of them to participate in sex in my fricking bedroom.

That is infact a marvellous idea.

I'll permit you to take credit.

Let's do it.

Call the lawnmowers.

18. - Not that I believe it makes any difference to the scenario at hand.

Pretty sure my situation is explained explicitly in the OP.
    You sure do like to work yourself up. As you say the only think that works for you is if you behave in an unruly manner so go for it.

Yes your age does make a difference because it tells me how close you are to leaving the nest and thus how long you have to hold out for. You should be off to Uni soon or into a job and then you cna have your own place where you dont have to be affected by the fact he is having an affair. My advice would have been different if you were older or younger.

Why not point off your e-mails and read them out to him? Doesnt sound like he cares about your opinion nor the way you expect him to behave. That doesnt make him a great parent, but it seems you have very little influence in changing his opinion. Get worked up about it or get on with your life. Sometimes adults suck, but thats just the way things are.

Although you wont believe it, but it could be a lot worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sh9)
    This was 10/10 I want to read your rants all the time.
    Mm.. glad that my distraught state brings you amusement.

You sure do like to work yourself up.
    Not really, no.

The fact you're perceiving me in that light is not only irritating but demeaning.

As you say the only think that works for you is if you behave in an unruly manner so go for it.
    What stupid advice. How would that make me feel any better.

Just bc it's seemingly the only option left, it doesn't meant that I should do it.

If you're trapped in a building + the only way out is by sliding into a pit of fire, would you choose to die from third degree burns or rather eventually from a lack of nutrition?

Yes your age does make a difference because it tells me how close you are to leaving the nest and thus how long you have to hold out for. You should be off to Uni soon or into a job and then you cna have your own place where you dont have to be affected by the fact he is having an affair.
    Like I said, it doesn't make a difference. I won't be going to university or into a career anytime soon + anyway, even if I was leaving home that wouldn't mean that my parent's behaviour would miraculously no longer affect me bc A) I already practically live alone + B) He is still my family regardless of the distance in which I inhabit + thus his decisions will always mean something + probably affect me.

My advice would have been different if you were older or younger.
    I mentioned results day in my post, you could've figured out that I was 16/17/18. Doubt the "advice" would've differed that much, if at all.

Although you wont believe it, but it could be a lot worse.
    Oh no, I definitely, totally believe it bc I've heard it all before.

I could be living in the depths of the Sahara with no food or bed or company.

I could be dying of thirst + be forced to drink my own urine.

I could be yearning for an internet browse yet my only entertainment would be tumbleweed + crickets.

I could have no socks + no face cream + no lip butter.

So damn me, I should count my blessings.

Ty for the reality check.

Not really, no.

The fact you're perceiving me in that light is not only irritating but demeaning.

What stupid advice. How would that make me feel any better.

Just bc it's seemingly the only option left, it doesn't meant that I should do it.

If you're trapped in a building + the only way out is by sliding into a pit of fire, would you choose to die from third degree burns or rather eventually from a lack of nutrition?

Like I said, it doesn't make a difference. I won't be going to university or into a career anytime soon + anyway, even if I was leaving home that wouldn't mean that my parent's behaviour would miraculously no longer affect me bc A) I already practically live alone + B) He is still my family regardless of the distance in which I inhabit + thus his decisions will always mean something + probably affect me.

I mentioned results day in my post, you could've figured out that I was 16/17/18. Doubt the "advice" would've differed that much, if at all.

Oh no, I definitely, totally believe it bc I've heard it all before.

I could be living in the depths of the Sahara with no food or bed or company.

I could be dying of thirst + be forced to drink my own urine.

I could be yearning for an internet browse yet my only entertainment would be tumbleweed + crickets.

I could have no socks + no face cream + no lip butter.

So damn me, I should count my blessings.

Ty for the reality check.

You seem determined to take offence rather than listen. You asked for advice and I gave it.

There are limited options, but you seem to want to bash your head against the wall regardless of the fact you have very litle influence to change things. You ahve already tried to change your fathers mind and he isnt listening.
    You already know how you are going to behave, but it traps you in a loop of misery and frustration. Go for it though.

Personally id rather survive with an approach that minimises the impact on myself and look towards my own future, especially as a young adult who will need to make their own way in the world.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't mean to come off as insensitive. Like.. the way you express yourself just makes me giggle and I love it

Tbh some of what you've wrote is just so same, accurate, relatable

ReputationRep:

Tell Stem, you know you want to so just tell him. He just has a right to know what petal is getting up to
    Don't bother saying anymore to your dad and petal, they won't listen.
    And although it will be hard for you, I'd cut ties with your dad for now at least, he's having a negative impact on your health and wellbeing so cut things off to look after yourself

ReputationRep:
    If you're that incapable of reading a few sentences then commiserations + I wish you a smooth recovery. ..........
    Gaahhhhhh.

Maybe I care too much.
    Maybe I don't know.
    Maybe no one knows.
    Maybe you could explain what all the '+'s mean?

When I was younger my dad always used to say to me I have a "second mum"

I was so young and didn't understand this in a literal sense

A few years later I went through his phone and saw texts to/from another woman. He had her name saved as "Dil" which means "heart" and I saw a text where they called each other their "jaan" which means "life" it made me sick and I didn't end up telling the rest of my family but I was close to telling my brother. I just left it and couldn't look at my dad the same for years.

It still makes me sick though.

He treats my mum like **** and also thinks its okay to still to this day "joke" about getting a second marriage.
    He says this to my cousins openly and then laughs it off. When I know his dirty disgusting secret.
    Now I also know why all those years he used to say to me as a child that I have a "second mum".

Also, I've seen photos of other women on his phone.

I've seen him looking at girls pictures on dating websites.

And just last week me and my mum went through his wallet as we needed his driving license number because and there was a cut out photo of some woman.

I was like who the hell is this and my mum recognised her quite obviously and she made some excuse for him like it's some woman from when my dad used to record weddings. but why the **** does he have a picture of her in his wallet?

****ing pervert makes me sick to death.

I feel so bad for my mother trapped with a filthy little cheat.

(Original post by mphysical)
    Maybe you could explain what all the '+'s mean?
    so you dont know what + means :lol:
    its self-explanatory :sigh: + means plus means adding more info
    blah blah blah + (plus) blah blah blah....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Also, I've seen photos of other women on his phone.

I've seen him looking at girls pictures on dating websites.

And just last week me and my mum went through his wallet as we needed his driving license number because and there was a cut out photo of some woman.

I was like who the hell is this and my mum recognised her quite obviously and she made some excuse for him like it's some woman from when my dad used to record weddings. but why the **** does he have a picture of her in his wallet?

****ing pervert makes me sick to death.

I feel so bad for my mother trapped with a filthy little cheat.
    The bit in bold makes me think she knows he's cheated on her, but traditional Asian values tell women they should stay with their husbands no matter what. It's starting to change now but the older generation are still putting up with such ********

ReputationRep:
    if you have any siblings get together and threaten the **** out of petal and if she doesn't listen then **** her up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    if you have any siblings get together and threaten the **** out of petal and if she doesn't listen then **** her up
    That's a bit aggressive :lol:

ReputationRep:
    You seem determined to take offence rather than listen.
    Listen to what, exactly?

You informing + reminding me of everyone else who is in a increasingly unpleasant circumstance + has the strength to deal with it?

We've gathered I'm anything but resilient; it was last month's news. Get with it.

I'm aware that there are several people out there who have no arms or legs + missing half an eyeball.

But they could've had it worse too, right?

Bc I mean, they could've died from cholera in the middle ages.

Or they could've lost BOTH EYEBALLS.

At least they can see a tiny, weeny miniscule bit of their flea bitten bread, even if it appears a little nebulous in areas.

Pfttt.. surely it's better than being entirely blind.

Where do we place the threshold.

Is the ultimate challenge to find the one person in the world who is cursed with all diseases, has no limbs, possessions or belongings + they should be the only ones in this universe who are allowed to feel terrible about anything, ever.

The question is do they even exist.

Or are we all simply striving to compete with this non-existent sufferer.

Tbf, I did not register it as such.

Looks like I was wrong hm.

Perhaps I've had enough of trying to be thankful.

Bc doing so shockingly does not take away pain.

Revelations.

Leave me to rant + temporarily wallow my insignficant issues in peace so when I move on, which btw I definitely will, I can do it properly.

I'm not asking for your sympathy nor am I feeling sorry for myself.

I do not require anyone's compassion.

Insinuating that I should get over it is horrid.

+ if it turns out that I am infact feeling sorry for myself?

Then so what.

It's a day. I'm having one bad day.

I should be allowed to be selfish.

+ self centred.

+ hate everything.

I'll probably have another one next week.

Eeeek. - Run for your life.

I see no need to downplay my sorrow bc of the deprived children or dying whales.

Thinking otherwise will lead to repression.

+ repression will turn me into a giraffe.

I'm opening up like the emotionally expressive person I am bc I find it somewhat cathartic + it helps me.

I'll get over it sooner than I currently feel.

What certainly does not help me is having to respond to comments like yours afterwards bc it defeats the initial purpose of what I was trying to achieve.

If you struggle to deal with the concept then you shouldn't have bothered to post.

Future guidance from me to you.

You asked for advice and I gave it.
    Well, here's some free advice for you too:

Next time? Don't bother.

You're welcome.

+ for the record, all I wanted was a listening ear bc I know I'm having a moment + I know I will be fine.

Personally id rather survive with an approach that minimises the impact on myself and look towards my own future, especially as a young adult who will need to make their own way in the world.
    Don't recall asking.

Anon! I totally understand what you are going through
    I understand how you must be feelingIt's okay for you to be so worriedIt's okay for you to feel so helplessYou are sensitive and it, of course, affects you in every way because he is your father!Do you know, the only thing you can do about is leave the matters to their own. But as it was your responsibility,you have tried to talk it over, but do you know, there are circumstances, where people are blinded, no matter what you do, they don't understand! It's out of your control! But but but!
    Don't stress yourself over
    don't do this to yourself. Relax ( I know it's hard but you can't do anything)Just remember, 'when you are going through a lot, you are being prepared for something great'But, you shouldn't forget,this is life! this is how it is. It's hard!
    At one time, you feel might have felt like nothing in the world can depress you. you were happy, you had everythingbut then there comes the dark time, when you feel like, nothing in the world, can you get you over this. it's all overbut it's not the end of the world! It's totally not!
    Do you know, we are all sent in this world for a purpose, but when we forget our purpose, then such things as these come into existence. All of us! we All are dependent on each other! we depend upon humans! You have certain responsibilities for you, that you have to fulfil, and you have certain rights over you! You can let go of your rights (you will get the reward for that) but do NEVER compromise on your responsibilities! Do NEVER! This is the result of neglectance of the responsibilities that your parent holds for you! It's a lesson for you. All the trials we go through, teach us something and all the pain we have to go through; it, is (believe me it is) worth it!!! Someday, you will understand, how all these circumstances lead you to something that you could have never done without all these!I don't know if you understood a word I said, all my rants! but I just meant to offer you comfortI hope you succeed in life and get through all these difficulties with ease.
    Right so, my parent is not behaving like a parent + I don't know what to do.

He's behaving like a child.

Like an idiotic child who has no sense of awareness.

I've tried to express my concern regarding his pathetic decisions but it isn't helping.

Ive tried to talk to him about it in my serious-adult voice, but that isn't helping either.

I'm not even sure I can do anything about it all bc it feels as though it's out of my own control.

So the other day we were parking our car + I told him that it's really frustrating me + I expressed how much I can't focus bc of it + he said that I shouldn't worry about it, that I should stop thinking about it + casually went onto ask what I wanted for lunch.

He keeps saying that it's HIS business so I shouldn't be concerned but I don't think he realises that it's MY business too.

He thinks he's being comforting bc he speaks in this consoling tone + when I get really heated he proceeds to talk about stupid advertisements or offers me stuff that I don't even want as a way to divert attention.

Also, he involves me in it only when it suits him.

Proving it's my business.

Even though I don't actually want it to be.

I don't even think it's an affair bc my parent is not married, I don't know what it is or how to describe it.

He's basically dating a woman who's already in a relationship.

For ease of explanation let's call the woman, Petal + the man, Stem.

The absolute, absolute worst thing is that on Saturday, i.e. yesterday, he invited the couple for the day + thus for dinner so all 4 of us sat there at the table whilst Stem was completely unaware of this relationship between Petal + my father.

I felt incredibly uncomfortable bc not only were they flirting throughout the entire meal but Stem didn't even notice.

It makes me sick.

I just feel sorry for Stem but I don't know what to do.

I also feel equally sorry for my parent bc this is not the way to go about finding a new relationship.

Additionally, I am worried about the consequences.

Also Petal + my parent have been seeing each other without Stem knowing.

Like, they see each other all the time.

My father visits Petal in the evenings at least twice a week + returns at, like, 1-3am when he has work the next day.

Infact, last weekend he got back at 5am + woke me up at 5-FRICKING-AM.

What is he playing at.

Petal also comes round + acts as though I want to get to know her when I totally do not.

Yes, she's nice.

No, I don't want her niceness inflicted upon me.

They must both think I'm an idiot or something bc when she comes round my father tells me that they're working through business stuff but I know they're not.

In addition, when they visited yesterday, Petal + my father went out to sort out Petal's car whilst me + Stem were at home.

They went out all alone for over 3 hours.

The entire situation is really irritating me but I feel rather helpless.

I find it hard to accept.

It's all utterly disgraceful + I can't even.

Stem was fine with it; he thought my father was just helping Petal out with stuff so I spent the entire afternoon talking to Stem about my life whilst drinking copious amounts of peach juice.

They took so long that Stem had to take me out for lunch.

He's such a lovely person.

I don't understand why my parent is doing this.

It also meant that I couldn't do any of my work bc I was too busy tending for my parent's guest.

I currently still can't do my work bc I can't stop thinking about it.

I have so much to do + the thought of not completing it by the end of tonight is getting overwhelming.

This therefore means that I am most likely going to die tomorrow.

I'm rather stressed out.

The only reason I am posting this is bc I've been sitting here since 9am like: :dong:

+ to make it worse, Stem + my father are good friends.

Quite good friends.

+ I thought I was bad.

Literally wtf.

I'd talk to my sibling about it but my sibling is not here.

I don't want to call her for advice + tell her everything bc she's currently abroad + has more important things to do right now + I don't want to ruin anything for her bc that is unfair.

Like, I LITERALLY HAVE NO ONE TO SHARE THIS WITH BUT I NEEDED TO GET IT OFF MY CHEST.

If you're wondering how I know then it's bc my parent basically told me a couple months ago that he was going to get married.

I won't go into how I felt about that which I now realise was a fine suggestion + I was being partially unreasonable bc everyone has their needs + ways to cope but anyway he made me meet Petal then I later discovered that Petal is already married/has a boyfriend/I don't know.

It's not even about him dating anymore bc I realise that I am not a child + can't have him to myself all the time, but heck, this woman has got an entire family.

Did I forget to mention the three children.

If my father was to ever get into a relationship then I'd prefer it not be a morally illegal one or one that involves other children.

I do not wish for anymore siblings.

Infact, that'd deeply upset me.

More than I could ever describe.

I didn't even want to meet Petal.

Why on earth would I want to meet her.

But I put my selfishness aside + did it for my father.

For what? To realise that it was all infact a lie + there is/was no marriage.

Lmao at my entire life being on this forum.

I just feel so ashamed + confused that my parent is being so... Uh.

A couple weeks ago, my parent ordered me to go to my friend's house for a couple days so he could invite Petal over.

I didn't want to go bc I wanted to be left alone.

He apparently couldn't invite Petal to his house bc of these various stupid reasons like the house is too messy + Petal lives closer to me.

Despite the fact that I'm pretty sure my house was even messier.

I also didn't want him to prioritise this stranger over me.

Yet he evidently did.

It was shortly after results day so as much as I love my friends' company, I was feeling tremendously awful + didn't want to interact with the world.

Or leave my room.

Or my house.

Or my anything.

I didn't want to speak to a single soul.

But he wouldn't stop asking so I eventually just gave in.

Admittedly, it did me lots + lots of good but I can't believe that he requested such a thing.

I also can't believe I agreed to it.

I wish I hadn't.

The thought of the two of them makes my skin crawl.

Also, my parent is going abroad soon for work stuff + since Petal is more/less his work colleague he is going to go with Petal.

Stem is going to be in England.

Firstly, I'm already terribly upset at the prospect of my parent leaving for several months.. which I do understand can't be helped.

But then if that wasn't enough he's going away with someone else's girlfriend.

Wtf.

I don't even want to cry anymore, I just think I need.. I don't even know what I need.

If you do comment in this thread, pls be respectful bc just bc.

If you don't comment in this thread bc you don't know how to help me then.. I don't blame you, this is a mere rant + I don't know how to help myself.

**** the lentils.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.