Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Guys, how can girls improve their looks?

ReputationRep:
    That attitude fam

ReputationRep:
    Not ton of makeup, be natural
    Eat healthy
    Look after yourself
    Be mature
    Be nice

Thats it

ReputationRep:
    realistically speaking; makeup is a wonderful tool if used well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShannyMorrison)
    Oh thank you! I've watched dozens of tutorials but this one actually looks useful, so many beauty gurus have naturally flawless skin in the first place, it's nice to see someone with a zit or two
    This tutorial is good too
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lboUWGYTtKQ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    That attitude fam
    I'm guessing you're meaning myself

ReputationRep:
    In no order:

1) Style your hair
    2) Wear sexy, well fitting clothes
    3) show off some skin
    4) Smile
    5) Drink lots of water
    6) Eat healthy food
    7) Go the the gym and exercise

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, stop it you :heart:
    :lolwut:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    troll fail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemons1990)
    Number 1: You can't change your face unless you go for plastic surgery. Even if you did you would still be the same you underneath. You need to change the way you view yourself. Girl you are not ugly and you need to start believing that. At my very lowest I spent 3 years of my life hating the way I looked. I went on a night out with my new uni friends and in all honesty just one lipstick MAC's Russain Red changed my life. It sounds so silly and so simplistic, but I looked in the mirror (they'd also straightened my hair) and i didn't even feel like me. I felt different. I felt like I was pretty for the first time. The colour is bold and in your face. I was 24 and had never worn make up. I walked into a MAC store and the woman taught me how to actually apply basic things like foundation and eyeshadow. It made me feel better. You can either hate what you've got or work with it.And you are beautiful! Start telling yourself that.

One positive effect lead to another. The make up lead to dressing up. I could flirt with guys because i knew i looked and smelled good. I was more confident. I started running because it made me feel strong.

It doesn't matter what you look like but the vibes you give out about how you feel, that make you attractive or not.
    It doesn't? have you ever been in guy's circles when they're discussing women?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    I'm not a girl, can I still answer? Ok? Yeah ok I will. Without being anything to work with, top tips are:
    •thread excess hairs
    •Wear light amounts of makeup (coating of mascara, some concealer here and there and blusher)
    •Brush your hair and style it up differently now and then
    • Use quinoderm every night if you have spots
    • Drink lots of water. LOTS
    • SMILE!
    I read that in an Irish accent for some reason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    This tutorial is good too
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lboUWGYTtKQ
    lol wow. She's looking nice but it's also discouraging how much makeup alters otherwise horrid appearance

and see this is what I told that girl who said she hated black hair. I told her watch some youtube and everyone thought I was taking the piss. :noway: She tells me later she feels better about everything. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Well Idk about your looks but that sass in your post def gives you an automatic 4/10
    Haha I can't tell if you mean that in a good or bad way, but it's part of my humour. I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowMan)
    It doesn't? have you ever been in guy's circles when they're discussing women?
    Lol no- I honestly haven't been in circles when they talk about women. I have two very beautiful girls in my year,who are hot. the moment one of them broke up the guys were making bets about getting with her. I think all other girls fall into the cute category. I don't believe anyone is ugly you just those who don't make the effort. The way you feel about yourself is very important and can be picked up by others.

The first guy I fell in love with I didn't think he was a looker, he was geeky but he literally grew on me. I found his two best friends straight out wow- they could have easily have been models.But for me- it was the small stuff that was special about him like the way his eyes sparkled when he laughed. When he would lean over to whisper something into my ear. The curve of his lips when he smiled. Dorky things like that. So looks wouldn't really matter for me if I loved you, and if you respected me and treated me right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexLawrence1453)
    Post a picture. There's no good, tailored advice without some fabric to work with.
    Smooth af

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing you're meaning myself
    Nope i was referring to the next door neighbours cat :P

ReputationRep:
    It's not about your face, it's about the type of threads you make.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Nope i was referring to the next door neighbours cat :P
    https://media.giphy.com/media/rxDC4jJk8SIdq/giphy.gif

What if I am the next door neighbour's cat?

ReputationRep:
    I unfortunately wasn't gifted in the looks department. I'm not so ugly I break mirrors or anything and I'm pretty sure my mum didn't think about drowning me at birth. Also, I've managed to secure myself some wonderful partners over the years.

However, I have one motherducking face that needs improving. Don't tell me 'you're perfect the way you are' because if I wanted to hear that I'd have asked my mum for advice, not the internet. Don't get cute with me.

What can make a girl go from a 4 to a 9?

...or even a 4 to a 4.5 because, you know, everything's appreciated.
    Squats, Squats, Lunges and Squats!
    Just get a booty and guys will start giving you attention, even if a girl has a mashed up face I still get the tingles if her booty can pop!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    It's not about your face, it's about the type of threads you make.
    Well sh*t son. I just got rekt.

ReputationRep:
    Well sh*t son. I just got rekt.
    I'll be a free coach, re-evaluate the above sentence.

ReputationRep:
    https://media.giphy.com/media/rxDC4jJk8SIdq/giphy.gif

What if I am the next door neighbour's cat?
    ^^

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: September 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.