Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

once a cheater always a cheater right??

ReputationRep:
    I don't really think its true, I personally have made mistakes in the past and would never consider cheating again
    (Original post by Globay)
    Hi guys I just want to ask if any of u would ever take someone back even after they have cheated on u twice and swore to never do it again. Be as honest as u want in ur responses because this is really important. I am doing a poll and whichever side has the strongest vote is the one that will be taken into consideration.

ReputationRep:
    Cheating is dishonesty, and I tend to find dishonest people don't change unless they do some serious work.

I don't condone cheating at all, in fact I hate the idea with a passion, so personally I would never get back with someone who cheated on me.

I certainly wouldn't recommend getting back with someone who'd done it twice.

ReputationRep:
    I personally wouldn't but I can understand why some people would forgive a cheater. I don't believe 'once a Chester, always a cheater'. I do believe people can change and be genuinely remorseful but it's an action I would be unable to forgive. If my partner cheated on me atm after nearly eight years together, I couldn't take him back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would have got rid of them ages ago.

ReputationRep:
    I would certainly not take her back. After being cheated on once, I would immediately break up and never talk to her again. It is not ok to cheat on me. If you want someone else, then **** out of a relationship with me.

ReputationRep:
    He has done this TWICE where is your self respect girl? Take him back and he will see you as a doormat and will keep on cheating on you as he knows you will keep taking him back.

(Original post by Globay)
    Hi guys I just want to ask if any of u would ever take someone back even after they have cheated on u twice and swore to never do it again. Be as honest as u want in ur responses because this is really important. I am doing a poll and whichever side has the strongest vote is the one that will be taken into consideration.
    Once, then maybe, but twice is a no no. Odds on he will do it again.

Betrayal of trust and you know at times when you really need them, then they are acapable of putting theur own interests before yours.

ReputationRep:
    I never thought that I'd stay with a cheater, but here I am still with the same person (married actually) even throughout the dramas. You never fully trust the same way again and will remain sceptical about their reasons for cheating/lying to you....actually it's the deceit that is the killer. You have to consider what the other person brings to you, how they make they feel and if your life would be enriched by their departure. There is no easy answer and it's a very personal choice and decision. All I can say is don't be swayed by others thoughts or opinions....it's your life and you only learn from your experiences. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't want to be with someone that has cheated before because I would find it difficult to fully trust them

ReputationRep:
    A leopard doesn't change its spots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    A leopard doesn't change its spots.
    V. true.

ReputationRep:
    For me if the person has cheated then that is it I wouldn't take them back because as far as I am concerned they have broken my trust and they will no doubt cheat again so there is no point being with them. I do think that once a cheater always a cheater

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    No worries.
    Well to that I say definitely stay. It doesn't matter what other people say. This is your relationship, not theirs. If you still think you can trust him despite however many times he may have cheated, then don't be afraid to stay.

As for the supposed stupidity, there must be a reason(s) for you wanting to stay which, if you think outweighs the negatives of staying, you should listen to. You also seem like you really don't want this to end. Make sure he knows how much this hurts you, then remain and hopefully things will work from there.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    What this person said. Time and time again I see relationships break-up/get back together because of what people say "oh you should break up with him/her because he sooo treats you like **** and you can do so much better" "oh you should get back with him, he's way better than you think he is!" etc etc etc, happens every day, don't let anyone tell you what you can and can't do, yes, listen to advice from family and friends, but said people don't and will never know 100% what goes on behind closed doors and how your relationship will pan out. However, one thing I would say is, go with your head, not your heart, your heart usually just takes in feelings whereas your head also considers practicality and emotions together.

ReputationRep:
    But I would also say personally, it can be and usually is very hard for any trust to be re-gained if said person has cheated, once or even twice. How does the old saying go? "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me."

ReputationRep:
    Trust is completely gone once they've cheated. Also it's only hard to cheat first time round, once the inhibition is broken it becomes easier

It depends on how you feel in that situation.

My boyfriend cheated on me twice. *The first time I forgave him for - I was working a lot and didn't have much time for him, he got drunk one night and made out with a complete randomer. *It hurt but I got over it.

The second time still stings a bit - he had no reason for it and acted all innocent, he kept messaging her on Facebook afterwards etc. At the time I wanted to break up with him but he begged me not to. *I'm still not sure if it was the right decision as it really dented my trust in him.

All in all, it's how you feel and if you think it's worth it.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R0ckTillWeDr0p)
    What this person said. Time and time again I see relationships break-up/get back together because of what people say "oh you should break up with him/her because he sooo treats you like **** and you can do so much better" "oh you should get back with him, he's way better than you think he is!" etc etc etc, happens every day, don't let anyone tell you what you can and can't do, yes, listen to advice from family and friends, but said people don't and will never know 100% what goes on behind closed doors and how your relationship will pan out. However, one thing I would say is, go with your head, not your heart, your heart usually just takes in feelings whereas your head also considers practicality and emotions together.
    Well put:yy:
    At first I thought you were disagreeing with me

Hmm...interesting what you said about putting your head over your heart. In my first post on this thread, I did say I have trouble deciding which to go with sometimes (I usually go with my head but very occasionally go with my heart).
    I agree with that. That's quite a thought:yep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't even give them the chance to do it a second time, and neither should you.

Yeah sure, "everyone makes mistakes", but a 15 minute mistake involving lots of repeated thrusting isn't exactly the same as losing your keys or mistiming a jump on Super Mario Bros.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say once a cheater always a cheater but once they have cheated in a relationship it shows how much the relationship has meant to them, twice is clear that they can deceive you and go back to cheating again.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you decide, you'll always question it later. Just make sure you make it for the right reason as a good decision made for the wrong reason can be a bad choice

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: September 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.