Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

John McDonnell calls for Tory MP to be murdered

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Not at all. For a start, I'm from Scotland - I see the demise of the Labour Party as a huge threat to the integrity of my country, given the distinct possibility that centre-left voters will be won over to the SNP when the choice is between them or the Conservatives.

There's also plenty of wider issues. I'm a Conservative, but Theresa May's government is very much on probation with me. I'm concerned about the direction its taking over the EU as well as plenty of other issues, not to mention some of the appointments she has made. She should not be able to act with impunity.
    Fair play to you. But if you accept that the collapse of the Labour Party in Scotland has huge implications and consequences, and you understand that even by being irrelevant Labour is affecting politics, surely you would agree it's important for Labour to be rid of Corbyn.

Perhaps in the next leadership election you could sign up as a registered support to vote for a moderate candidate? Would you do that if it were Dan Jarvis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viffer)
    Tosh
    So he can control what people say on the internet and wasn't quoting someone else.....

Ok lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    So he can control what people say on the internet and wasn't quoting someone else.....

Ok lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There is a big difference between control and condemn.

Top muppetry by the boy Paul there Clive

ReputationRep:
    There is a big difference between control and condemn.

Top muppetry by the boy Paul there Clive
    Ooo I condemn this that and the other... give me a break

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ooo I condemn this that and the other... give me a break
    . < is a point

Thought I would help you identify one as it is obviously not your forte.

ReputationRep:
    . < is a point

Thought I would help you identify one as it is obviously not your forte.
    Tenacity of belief is yours

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    He's an appalling figure, but he's also a totally irrelevant one. I'm less concerned about the views of these disgusting ***** than I am about the possibility of giving them the oxygen of publicity and allowing them to become an acceptable part of public discourse.

He should be ignored, or alternatively dealt with quietly by the police.
    To quote Malcolm Tucker ' oh he's only the shadow Chancellor!'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    There's also plenty of wider issues. I'm a Conservative, but Theresa May's government is very much on probation with me. I'm concerned about the direction its taking over the EU as well as plenty of other issues, not to mention some of the appointments she has made. She should not be able to act with impunity.
    What should she be doing regarding the EU And what positions in particular?

As a remain voter I think she seems to be doing the best she can do regarding the EU. With few exceptions, most of her cabinet is pretty loathsome though- Liam Fox and Philip Hammond in particular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7328876.html

This man is utterly disgraceful. After calling for her to be murdered in 2014, he now calls her a "stain on humanity".

The person who is the stain on humanity is the one who gushingly praised the IRA's "bravery" and said they should be "honoured" for their bombings and shootings.

In respect of the call for murder, he said at a meeting which called for McVey to be sacked, "Why are we calling for her to be sacked, why don't we lynch the *****?".
    Nice story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhog)
    Momentum are now organizing children groups, there was a kid on earlier who, when asked if he knew Theresa May said he did, that she is an evil woman. This would all be laughable weren't it for the truly bilious and nasty undercurrent to it all, how much momentum can all this gather?
    I can member the 1997 election time (I was 5) and I I can remember seeing all the people with red and blue Rossetti. Then came Mrs Thatcher and I have memories of thinking she is a bady. I think my mum explained it in a simple good vs evil way to me. The blues were the badies :rofl:

Annnnyway. What do you want? The state to bring up peoples' children to stop their parents influencing them? It is a very much right wing obsession of the family is sacred and the state must not interfere.

ReputationRep:
    Fair play to you. But if you accept that the collapse of the Labour Party in Scotland has huge implications and consequences, and you understand that even by being irrelevant Labour is affecting politics, surely you would agree it's important for Labour to be rid of Corbyn.
    Christ, yes. That wouldn't fix things overnight - there are several, deeper-seated problems for Labour in Scotland - but it'd be a start. There were some very naive types up here who thought Corbyn would resonate in Scotland, believing it to be traditionally more left-wing - the daft sods.

The problem with the devolved areas is that parties often have to be competent on two levels: with a strong local leader, and a strong UK leader at the same time, to be convincing.

Perhaps in the next leadership election you could sign up as a registered support to vote for a moderate candidate? Would you do that if it were Dan Jarvis?
    I'm a big fan of Jarvis, but if there was a leadership election in the near future I suspect that the reason he gave for not standing in 2015 would still be partially valid. I'm also slightly hacked-off with some of these credible moderates for not standing against Corbyn and leaving it to Smith and Eagle - who were far from the strongest candidates the PLP could muster. I'm sad to say this damned the leadership challenge from the beginning - although of course from individual career perspectives, this may well have been the correct, albeit cautious, decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Annnnyway. What do you want? The state to bring up peoples' children to stop their parents influencing them? It is a very much right wing obsession of the family is sacred and the state must not interfere.
    Of course not. But how is it normal for a party that aspires to be at the headship of the state to be planning indoctrination sessions for 3 year olds, run by god knows who?

ReputationRep:
    John McDonnell stirs up hatred and irrationality and if JC is really trying to unite this broken Labour Party into one movement, John McDonnell either needs to stop the abusive rhetoric or be removed from the party. Too often we hear reports of him being derogatory and discriminatory, for a party which should be the head of social mobility.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Hatred is a bad thing, too much of it among the left. Many people in Momentum would have the Tories rounded up and slang in a Gulag for getting in the way of implementing their ideology. You don't get that from the right, they see lefties as misguided but don't hate them at all.

ReputationRep:
    Tenacity of belief is yours
    Is that you Yoda?

ReputationRep:
    Is that you Yoda?
    Please continue to address points made constructively

Sarcasm is great

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slaw92)
    No I would never condone death threats, if you read what has been said however and you don't who she is then your obviously going to immediately jump on John McDonnell whether he made the remark or not.

I had a friend who was very mentally ill. This friend was found fit to work and instead of telling anyone about the fact he had been sanctioned, he committed suicide because he was struggling and felt ashamed about the fact a "doctor" said he was fine.

I do have personal hatred and disgust towards her and Iain Duncan Smith but I would rather the many petitions and groups out there, started by families of friends of people who found themselves in a similar boat, get the legal justification deserved.
    Tories are *****. That's what they are there to always do. The spiel about wanting to find the best way to help people is BS. I've seen what they do and how their governments make it so demoralising to people, they basically would be happy with a sort of cull by indirect means.

ReputationRep:
    Of course not. But how is it normal for a party that aspires to be at the headship of the state to be planning indoctrination sessions for 3 year olds, run by god knows who?
    It's basically baby sitting so Mums can do actavist stuff. You are calling playgroups communist mind control centres... And again, primary schools teach children to share. Are you against such communist indoctrination? Indoctrination is an ineviatable part of education. You just have a problem with a certain kind of indoctrination, not indoctrination itself.

Parents are free to decide who looks after their children. Unless you are questioning the rights of the family unit? You seem to be against Labour party actavist mums' rights to choose to let their children be looked after by momentum ran playgroups whilst they take part in party duties.

It isn't all surprising to me though. Anti left thought always champions freedom but often descends into authoritarian tendencies.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god how has Diane abbot got another promotion

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhog)
    Momentum are now organizing children groups, there was a kid on earlier who, when asked if he knew Theresa May said he did, that she is an evil woman. This would all be laughable weren't it for the truly bilious and nasty undercurrent to it all, how much momentum can all this gather?

It was my understanding it was a place for parents to take their children,like the after school clubs we used to have,and I recall there used to be Sure Start, I mean this:

"aims to give single parents and carers access to co-operatively run breakfast clubs, after-school sessions and childcare, and will deploy its 150 local community groups to do it."

Sounds like a after school clubs or crèche.

I'm sorry this is so sinster to people, but to the mothers around my area, who find themselves isolated from other parents, and where these services where long since closed, this would be very welcome, and I'm sure would be appreciated in other areas, seeing as in a few it would have been labour councils who did this.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.