Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Does everyone have a cold?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Ewww, take a shower
    It's to cold to get out of bed

ReputationRep:
    not yet, i usually get one around january time

but whenever i feel like a cold is coming, i dress all warm and drink hot water and sleep early, then i dont see anymore of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    I feel ill, now I've clicked on this thread I feel a cold coming on.
    Make sure you don't call an ambulance :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)

(Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
    Do you really wanna fite mate? You want some? Cmon den mate, cmon!
    who even are you fam
    getting involved for no reason I will rek you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    not yet, i usually get one around january time

but whenever i feel like a cold is coming, i dress all warm and drink hot water and sleep early, then i dont see anymore of it
    Do you watch countdown and indulge yourself in some cross stitch before bed too?

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you don't call an ambulance :mmm:
    But sinus infections can be deadly :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Yes, had one since Saturday, still went into school because 100% attendance= bragging rights.
    I don't like your kind

ReputationRep:
    I do and I'm taking way too much medication to try to get rid of it...

ReputationRep:
    Do you watch countdown and indulge yourself in some cross stitch before bed too?
    :yes: in my bathrobe and scarf with socks wrapped in my duvet and reading novels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)

who even are you fam
    getting involved for no reason I will rek you
    Mum's lyf fam, if you wanna go then come after school innit..

I'll fite you anywhere
    +
    I gotta back my boy TheonlyMrsHolmes innit
    You have 2 people to fight now...

Back off now or prepare to fite all my boys innit, I'll get them all on you...
    And you will look like bruised piece of s*** at the end fam...

Don't mess with me fam, I'll make your lyf a nightmare...

ReputationRep:
    I don't like your kind

I never had 100% until year11/ A levels where I fixed my punctuality and attendance xD

ReputationRep:
    i did but its getting better.

My remedy (for those with a cold/ sore throat)

1. ibuprofen 2 in the morning and 2 before going to bed
    2. gargling with hot water with a tea spoon of salt (mainly for sore throats)
    3. soothers (cherry flavour) 4-6 a day ( work a treat, again for sore throats).

ReputationRep:
    I'm close to being pretty sure that a nasty viral strain of pneumonia has blasted through the South-west at least recently. Me and all of my friends came down with it despite not ever being in contact with eachother, very nasty.

Luckily we're all nice and healthy so managed to battle through it with minimum difficulty. At one point it got really bad but once i got past that day everything else was fine.

Doesn't help that i become a lil' bit of a hypochondriac when i have anything greater than a cold.

ReputationRep:
    yes. ):

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_JoKeR)
    I do and I'm taking way too much medication to try to get rid of it...
    (Original post by Lyon Vastia)
    yes. ):

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a cold, but my asthma has suddenly flared up after 5+ years. :<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Francis Urquhart)
    I'm close to being pretty sure that a nasty viral strain of pneumonia has blasted through the South-west at least recently. Me and all of my friends came down with it despite not ever being in contact with eachother, very nasty.

Luckily we're all nice and healthy so managed to battle through it with minimum difficulty. At one point it got really bad but once i got past that day everything else was fine.

Doesn't help that i become a lil' bit of a hypochondriac when i have anything greater than a cold.
    I'm in the south-east and I swear everyone is getting ill, despite not properly coming into contact with each other.

Oh god I'm such a hypochondriac, I seriously worry about how much of a hypochondriac I am (wow the irony is strong)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    No I had some hot vitamin c drinks to help.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the south-east and I swear everyone is getting ill, despite not properly coming into contact with each other.

Oh god I'm such a hypochondriac, I seriously worry about how much of a hypochondriac I am (wow the irony is strong)
    Haha all this people getting ill gives me an excuse to watch 28 days later again! For 'educational purposes' of course!

But in all seriousness there is defo lots more illness, the number of sniffs and coughts at work have reached the 'common enough to be irritable' levels! Fingers crossed all this illness leaves as quickly as it arrived!

Best regards!

ReputationRep:
    Not yet but two people who sit near me at work have, so it's only a matter of time!

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.