PgDip Physician Associate Studies University of Birmingham January 2017 Entry

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
Admissions Testing Service Exams Discussion Rules - Please read before posting! 02-11-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laugh Each Day)
    Yeah good luck guys, hope you both have confirmed offers soon!

Did get an email through today from Birmingham with further info about the start date/textbooks etc so things are starting to pick up a little! Let's hope it continues
    Did but obviously the linked in group link is not working! Maybe we are expecting too much of them??

ReputationRep:
    Ahh typical!! Haha I think we must be, can't get our hopes up too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crunchynapkin)
    Hi Sofia,

Congratulations on getting an offer, I have an interview for the January Intake coming up, would appreciate if you could give a couple of pointers, in particular, regarding the scenario questions?

Also have you tried looking on SpareRoom?
    Have you heard from Birmingham ? Because I haven't lol

ReputationRep:
    I was interviewed for the January intake for Birmingham but I haven't heard anything. My interview also took 15 minutes lol. I am worried..anyone in the same position ?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, does anyone know what time the open evening on October 25th starts? I have emailed them to register my interest but I haven't heard anything.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi s.bear,

It starts at 7 pm, til 9 I think!

Have you applied for the course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laugh Each Day)
    Hi s.bear,

It starts at 7 pm, til 9 I think!

Have you applied for the course?
    Hi Jess (saw your name in the previous messages!)

Thank you
    No, not yet. I'm planning to apply for the August 2017 entry. Well done for your offer!

Sarah

ReputationRep:
    Update:
    I received my conditional offer today!
    Got a bunch of emails regarding some equipment, books etc I need before the course starts
    Looking forward to starting !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crunchynapkin)
    Update:
    I received my conditional offer today!
    Got a bunch of emails regarding some equipment, books etc I need before the course starts
    Looking forward to starting !
    Me too! I spoke to them yesterday and I got an email today. Looks like the waiting paid off

ReputationRep:
    Me too! Well done everybody !

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I got a conditional offer from bham based on passing the dbs, health check and paying the deposit. Is this the offer everybody received? Also in regards to funding tuition and living costs, what are people doing? Thank

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam7860)
    Hi. I got a conditional offer from bham based on passing the dbs, health check and paying the deposit. Is this the offer everybody received? Also in regards to funding tuition and living costs, what are people doing? Thank
    Hi Adam, congratulations on your offer!

Everybody receive the same letter, the deposit is to confirm you are accepting their offer, you have 15 day to do so or they will give your place to the person next to the list!

Everybody has to prove they achieved a minimum of 2.1 in a life science and pass health check and DBS, some people that have worked in healthcare and have already been immunised might have already satisfied the immunisation requirements. Once all this has been satisfied, you get an unconditional offer.

I am currently looking for a flat near the Uni campus & hospital, although many flats won't be available or advertised till November/December, unless you are willing to move in before January.

We have already made a What's App group for January 2017 start, if you fancy knowing me and other people on the course inbox me your number!

ReputationRep:
    Hi have u gotten an offer yet.
    I got interviewed in Oct 2016 but haven't heard from the school
    I am so worried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geekfreeks)
    I was interviewed for the January intake for Birmingham but I haven't heard anything. My interview also took 15 minutes lol. I am worried..anyone in the same position ?
    Hi have you heard from them?
    I'm so worried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mariamaliyu)
    Hi have u gotten an offer yet.
    I got interviewed in Oct 2016 but haven't heard from the school
    I am so worried
    Hey you should call them as soon as you can, check the admission office opening hours so you know when to call them. Some people had problems with university not communicating they had an offer, and they didn't know until they called them up and were told they were successful. Call them and ask!

ReputationRep:
    Hey does anyone else have an offer from Queen Mary - Jan entry??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZKay)
    Hey does anyone else have an offer from Queen Mary - Jan entry??
    This is actually a thread for Birmingham January 2017 offers holders, so I doubt you'll have a lot of luck finding QM offers holders!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I'm Luke,
    I got my offer a couple of months ago and accepted last week so just filling in all the forms and that now. Was hoping there would be a way for us all to communicate more efficiently! I need to get a place to live but obviously ideally I'd want to share with other PA's. Another question is how is everyone's funding it? I can get tuition fee covers and that, it's just living costs that I'm struggling with.
    Glad to have found others!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I just got an offer today for Birmingham Jan entry! Does anyone know if theres any funding support? As I got an offer from Queen Mary too and they fund the second year! Trying to list the pros and cons of both but still stuck on which to go for!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.