Exeter medical school 2017 entry

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! I applied yesterday. It's really hard to say in what tier my academics will be put since I'm doing our national qualifications. I mean, it says on their site that 7777=A*AA=AAA but 6666=AAB (seems like a huge jump to me). They also say that A*=7 and A=6, so it seems a bit odd that for a course that requires AAA you'd still need 7777...? Anyways, I'm a gap year applicant so I've achieved my scores already. I got 7777776 (retook the 6 though and got a 7). Any thoughts about my tier?

Got 753 and Band 1 on the UKCAT btw best of luck everybody!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm applying as a resit student, achieved A*A*A in chem, bio and RS. 670 UKCAT
    Hopefully we all get interviews! Good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I'm confused. On the Exeter website, link-https://medicine.exeter.ac.uk/bmbs/.
    It says interviews for 2016 have been sent out. Is this referring to this year, or outdated info left on site for last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DariusVaselo)
    Hey guys I'm confused. On the Exeter website, link-https://medicine.exeter.ac.uk/bmbs/.
    It says interviews for 2016 have been sent out. Is this referring to this year, or outdated info left on site for last year.
    This is last year's. 23rd November of this year is Wednesday not Monday as mentioned in the website.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lidzi_)
    This is last year's. 23rd November of this year is Wednesday not Monday as mentioned in the website.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Does anyone know when will the nterviews be,as my son has sent them email he is out of the country through end of November and all of December on a gap year doing work experience in a third world country asking if selected to sent it for later date,he also wrote it on the UCAS form as adviced by the university do you think there may be a problem.exeter did say they will try arrange it later if selected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S1966)
    Does anyone know when will the nterviews be,as my son has sent them email he is out of the country through end of November and all of December on a gap year doing work experience in a third world country asking if selected to sent it for later date,he also wrote it on the UCAS form as adviced by the university do you think there may be a problem.exeter did say they will try arrange it later if selected.
    "Interviews will commence the week beginning 5th December through to the 16th December. For those applicants who are unable to attend the interview date which has been offered we will be holding a further round of Interviews in February/March. A valid reason for requesting a reschedule will be required and it is important to note that a rescheduled interview is not guaranteed, a new interview date can only be provided if a place is available." This is what they said in the acknowledgement email I got.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know when they usually start handing out interview invites to international students?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikita Verma)
    Does anybody know when they usually start handing out interview invites to international students?
    No idea! Might be worth sending them an email

ReputationRep:
    International student here

What UKCAT scores and IB predicts (as well as GCSE scores) would make an international application competitive?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like we should hear back quite soon if the interviews are so early in December!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAL591)
    Sounds like we should hear back quite soon if the interviews are so early in December!
    Ooh hope so I'm getting anxious!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have applied to Exeter with AAA achieved, UKCAT 730, Band 1 stj. I have a strong personal statement and lots of work experience. How do my chances fair do you guys think???

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything yet? When do you think is more likely to hear from them for an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikyphoenix)
    International student here

What UKCAT scores and IB predicts (as well as GCSE scores) would make an international application competitive?

Thanks
    I have no idea about the GSCE cuz I don't have equivalents but at my school's HE fair the exeter guy told me anything above like 38 is really good and I've got 45 so hopefully I'll be in Tier 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by demijohn)
    Hi, I have applied to Exeter with AAA achieved, UKCAT 730, Band 1 stj. I have a strong personal statement and lots of work experience. How do my chances fair do you guys think???
    You should go in tier 3 just hope there not to many applicants in tiers 1 and 2 because they go through each tier then down to tier 4 which is predicted AAA and use UKCAT threshold for each tier ,you have a very high UKCAT,if they interview from tier 3 you stand a good chance.My son too applied at Exeter but not with high UKCAT and his GCSEs are not very good but did very well in A levels all A Stars so keeping fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by svenderman)
    Has anyone heard anything yet? When do you think is more likely to hear from them for an interview?
    from what i remember from last years thread, interviews start being handed out late mid-late November. Not 100% sure though

ReputationRep:
    I actually went stalking the last year's thread and found out that some interview offers were handed out on 12.11!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StationToStation)
    I actually went stalking the last year's thread and found out that some interview offers were handed out on 12.11!
    I swear I have been doing the same and it's so impressive! I don't like the fact that they sent them so randomly though haha also, so many more people were posting on the thread! They were like a big fam haha

ReputationRep:
    I swear I have been doing the same and it's so impressive! I don't like the fact that they sent them so randomly though haha also, so many more people were posting on the thread! They were like a big fam haha
    Yeh our year threads seem to be so dead compared to last year Crazy looking at how freaked out everyone was getting when Exeter were trolling with the interviews

ReputationRep:
    Same, I've been low key wondering why this year's thread has been so dead in comparison haha! We need to up our game

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.