Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

I ****ing failed myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    Well now you've learnt what happens when one becomes too arrogant
    Who are you to say he was arrogant? Just because someone does really well and then bad at A levels doesn't mean they are arrogant...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've always wanted to go uni tbh..16yr old me didn't think it would be this one
    You need to spend some time thinking about this and what went wrong? Did you study a levels subjects that you did not enjoy?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not dumb tho I just picked the wrong a levels
    yeah i know you got really good gcses grades

ReputationRep:
    I'm sitting here in the middle of an introductory lecture thinking about how I ****ing failed myself. I went from 11A*'s at GCSE's to ****ing up at A levels. I'm now sitting in a lecture hall at a *****y uni which I commute to, surrounded by business btec students who are your typical roadmen that can't form sentences and I want the ground to swallow me up. I already know I'm going to break down as soon as I leave this lecture hall.
    Your intelligent, you can start off by ringing up some universities that will accept second year entry transfers or you can resit your alevels

ReputationRep:
    Aw man Just know sometimes when you hit rock bottom, there's only one way to go. And that's up. Good luck !

ReputationRep:
    True. Learnt it the very very hard way. I hate myself.
    I underestimated myself in GCSE's and ended up with pretty crap grades now I'm re-taking for better ones. Don't worry it's not over yet, re-take for a better uni.

ReputationRep:
    I'd recommend second year transfer to a better uni. My friend didn't do as well as he hoped at A2. He was predicted AAA with offers from RG universities to study Business Management. He ended up with BCC and got into Nottingham Trent through clearing. However, he finished his first year with a 1st, and managed to transfer to Manchester. He's now in his third year and having completed an internship with a top 10 Accountancy firm, has been offered a job subject to a 2:1. There's still hope for you!

Your best option would be to look to transfer.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't know where else to post whilst still remaining anonymous, sorry :/ and it was too late to retake. By the time I flopped my A2's my AS's were too crap to fall back on if ygm
    What course are you on? The best thing would be drop out and enrol on a BTEC course and get extra ucas points for next year entry.

I wouldn't waste £9,000 funding for a degree I don't like and the university I hate. I live closer to BCU than the university I commute to but the reputation from BCU isn't great so I decided to travel more.

I'd recommend you drop out and go enrol at college, it's nearly October now.

I'm not dumb tho I just picked the wrong a levels
    Who picked the A levels?

If you really wanted to you could quit and just redo your A levels and get the A levels you think you have the potential for.

Its dum to do a fegree you dont want to at a place you dont want to be.

Its a shithole
    I feel bad for you the exact same thing happened to me- 12 A*/A GCSE then messed up my AS levels so went to a *****y uni (Aston). BUUUT I got a first there for bachelors and now I'm going to Imperial for masters- so its not the end of the world. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I'm going through something similar.

I ended up at a *****y uni up north, ALL because my **** college promised me work experience for my desired course. (work exp is mandatory for that course)
    so I'm doing a **** alternative at a **** uni, and i don't fit in here. because everyone is white

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Go home and think of a plan to get yourself out of the mess you're in, the longer you wait the worse this s**t will become
    I'm sitting here in the middle of an introductory lecture thinking about how I ****ing failed myself. I went from 11A*'s at GCSE's to ****ing up at A levels. I'm now sitting in a lecture hall at a *****y uni which I commute to, surrounded by business btec students who are your typical roadmen that can't form sentences and I want the ground to swallow me up. I already know I'm going to break down as soon as I leave this lecture hall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jambojim97)
    I'd recommend second year transfer to a better uni. My friend didn't do as well as he hoped at A2. He was predicted AAA with offers from RG universities to study Business Management. He ended up with BCC and got into Nottingham Trent through clearing. However, he finished his first year with a 1st, and managed to transfer to Manchester. He's now in his third year and having completed an internship with a top 10 Accountancy firm, has been offered a job subject to a 2:1. There's still hope for you!

that's beautiful
    good on him!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why didn't you take a year off, resit and reapply?

People feel too much pressure to go to uni straight away, and because of that they end up in a uni they wouldn't choose, and a course they don't like.

It makes no sense to me.

ReputationRep:
    My AS's are too bad to fall back on
    you could've retaken your AS year lol

(Original post by Ishax)
    What course are you on? The best thing would be drop out and enrol on a BTEC course and get extra ucas points for next year entry.

I wouldn't waste £9,000 funding for a degree I don't like and the university I hate. I live closer to BCU than the university I commute to but the reputation from BCU isn't great so I decided to travel more.

I'd recommend you drop out and go enrol at college, it's nearly October now.
    What uni do you go to? Im thinking of commuting to another uni other than the ones in birmingham

ReputationRep:
    pagens these day.lord protect me

ReputationRep:
    What uni do you go to? Im thinking of commuting to another uni other than the ones in birmingham
    Coventry University, I'm going into second year. I really like it here, they keep winning awards and getting better. So far lecturers have been helpful and feedback was given back quick etc.

It is a drain though, 20 minutes extra on the train but ah well. Worth it in the end!

(Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Who are you to say he was arrogant? Just because someone does really well and then bad at A levels doesn't mean they are arrogant...
    Thankss, I don't think I was arrogant, the a level subjects were completely wrong for me tbh

(Original post by SuperHuman98)
    You need to spend some time thinking about this and what went wrong? Did you study a levels subjects that you did not enjoy?
    Yeah, hated them. I had always been naturally good at english. Maths was always a struggle for me (I only got top grades if I spent hoursss revising) so naturally I picked maths at a level (!) Mainly because everyone was pushing me to pick it because I was so 'academic'

(Original post by jambojim97)

Hey, thanks for the advice When did your mate begin his transfer application?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: September 30, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.