The Student Room Group

FP1 - [Proof]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by AdeptDz
[br]2[3k+1(k1)]3k+1(k2)[br]2×3k+1(k1)3k+1(k20)[br]3k+1(2(k1)(k2))[br][br][br][br]2[3^{k+1}(k-1)] - 3^{k+1}(k-2)[br]2\times3^{k+1}(k-1) - 3^{k+1}(k-20)[br]3^{k+1}(2(k-1)-(k-2))[br][br][br]

there

guessing if i expand that it should give me the answer
Original post by AdeptDz
guessing if i expand that it should give me the answer

Yes.
Reply 22
Original post by NotNotBatman
Yes.

ah finally i got it! Thanks.
Going to try do one more for practice, would you mind helping me (if i get stuck again)
Original post by AdeptDz
ah finally i got it! Thanks.
Going to try do one more for practice, would you mind helping me (if i get stuck again)

Sure, I wouldn't mind helping.
Reply 24
Lastly, is there like steps you have for doing that bit.or do you just know what to do through practice
Original post by AdeptDz
Lastly, is there like steps you have for doing that bit.or do you just know what to do through practice

Some practise. You should look at what you want in the final answer and try to work towards that. I usually do it separately, find 6Un+16U_{n+1} and simplify and then find 9Un9U_{n} and simplify and then subtract them after the simplification, it was the technique I saw on MadAsMaths(By TeeEm) and it made it so much simpler for me.
http://www.madasmaths.com/archive/maths_booklets/further_topics/various/proof_by_induction.pdf
Reply 26
thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by NotNotBatman
Some practise. You should look at what you want in the final answer and try to work towards that. I usually do it separately, find 6Un+16U_{n+1} and simplify and then find 9Un9U_{n} and simplify and then subtract them after the simplification, it was the technique I saw on MadAsMaths(By TeeEm) and it made it so much simpler for me.
http://www.madasmaths.com/archive/maths_booklets/further_topics/various/proof_by_induction.pdf

ill check it out
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest