The Student Room Group

What is easy&fast breakfast for you?

Scroll to see replies

A cup of tea and a cereal bar usually
Microwave porridge with either a banana or some blueberries :smile: Literally can't get enough of porridge.
Sometimes a cup of tea which I only use for dunking biscuits or leftovers from dinner lol. I prefer eating at dinner.
Original post by IrinaUrsu
Coffee. Can we call it breakfast? :biggrin:

Yep :h:
wanna try it. Sound like yummy morning:u:
Original post by Rhythmical
Sometimes a cup of tea which I only use for dunking biscuits or leftovers from dinner lol. I prefer eating at dinner.

I eat a lot for dinner lol.
Since I left the world of education, my usual breakfast has been a cereal bar, occasionally with biscuits. That's it. Heck, my breakfast is later than 2pm as my sleep has been messed up since early July. It's improving, though.

When I was a student, though, I'd have a proper breakfast on weekdays. Microwave porridge with honey and a mug of warm sweetened milk (or coffee). 2 or 3 pieces of toast with Nutella/strawberry jam (I'd need something to eat between that and lunch because I'd find myself quite hungry). An egg sandwich (break the yolks first to avoid a mess) with a mug of herbal tea in milk. Scrambled eggs with a hot drink (you can see the milk/coffee theme). If I was running a bit late, I'd make myself a hot drink (sweetened milk/coffee) and pick up one or two cereal bars to eat during my journey.

I need to have something to drink with my breakfast because I have to take medicine in the mornings and evenings and hot drinks (and thick juices such as mango or guava) go down with my tablets much better than drinks such as water and squash. If I have water or squash with my tablets, I find that they're more likely to not go down my throat well which ends up in a horrible taste in my mouth (from my tablets) that's hard to get rid of.

[[I wouldn't call this easy or fast as it's a hearty breakfast you have with your family but I thought I'd add it anyway]]
There's the occasional weekend (maybe once a month) where my family and I have a special Pakistani breakfast called Halwa Puri (we get it from one of the nearby Asian confectioners). Halwa is a sweet food that often has raisins and/or nuts added. Puri is a fried type of bread. We have Halwa Puri with chickpea masala, potato bhaji and maybe a little bit of pickle.
Here's a photo of Halwa Puri:
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1475140982.297544.jpg
Stack of puris on the left, halwa on the right (in the dish with a spoon) and chickpea masala in the centre.

Halwa Puri is so delicious that it could make me forget about my worries for a while. It's wonderful!
Legit nothing I'm in such a rush to eat breakfast
40g of porridge
Teaspoon chia seeds
Teaspoon linseeds
Sprinkling of goji berries
Sprinkling of raisins
Sprinkling of cinnamon powder

Add hot water from kettle, stir
Add date syrup or honey, stir
Add a dash of milk (or non-dairy alternative) to taste
Add chopped banana

Voila :colone:
Reply 29
On work days I usually just have a coffee whilst driving. On days off tea and a slice of toast.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bread and milk
I hate tea, so I either grab a hazelnut and almond cereal bar, or I just down a multifruit actimel yoghurt. :biggrin:
Coffee and a cereal bar. Consume it on the move
An Activia yoghurt and toast with philadelphia. I usually eat the yoghurt while waiting on the toast to pop.
Toast with butter and a cup of orange juice (bits or no bits it doesn't matter).

Filling and tastes good. :beard:
Original post by ์Nowuseeme
I don't know what I will have in everyday breakfast. Sometime, I just drink milk and go . What do you have for your breakfast?

Porridge. Oats and Almond Milk in the Microwave for 2 minutes. Add some dark chocolate for the last minute, stir and inhale. :biggrin:
Might start to have an Alpen Light rather than cereal and milk for breakfast as it saves a lot of time :smile:
micro chips :teehee:

Quick Reply

Latest