Maths A-level in 1 year

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    In in your position too hitting 6-8 hours a day , I finished a level physics in 3 weeks and am hoping to finish maths withing 2 months , I don't find maths as difficult as it's method and practise , let me know how you get on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanghera 98)
    In in your position too hitting 6-8 hours a day , I finished a level physics in 3 weeks and am hoping to finish maths withing 2 months , I don't find maths as difficult as it's method and practise , let me know how you get on
    I have other resits too so I'm hoping to finish the 6 units by the end of December. I'm putting in 6 hours every day too good luck I hope we get A/A*! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanghera 98)
    How did you finish A-Level Physics in one year???

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am doing A level maths in one year too. I have finished C1, and most of M1 and starting C2 now and will be done by end of November hopefully. Then A2 before exams in June. I'm hoping to get at least a B because that's what the universities I am applying to ask for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Physicsstar07)
    Hi, I am doing A level maths in one year too. I have finished C1, and most of M1 and starting C2 now and will be done by end of November hopefully. Then A2 before exams in June. I'm hoping to get at least a B because that's what the universities I am applying to ask for.
    I am just finishing the last units of c1 (diff and integ)
    how did you finish c1 so fast? I just spent so long on the first unit but honestly spending 2 weeks on one unit is more than fine because I wake up early and work efficently

I'm hoping to finish c1,2,3,4 and s1,2 by January

good luck! i need an A but aiming for an a* x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samantham999)
    I am just finishing the last units of c1 (diff and integ)
    how did you finish c1 so fast? I just spent so long on the first unit but honestly spending 2 weeks on one unit is more than fine because I wake up early and work efficently

I'm hoping to finish c1,2,3,4 and s1,2 by January

good luck! i need an A but aiming for an a* x

Hi

I am in the same boat as you as in I am a resit student and doing 6 hours a day also doing full A-Level maths due to changing exam boards. I have completed the 2 years of A-Level and now taking a gap year for me a retake year. I think you are going fine at the moment. I don't think you will finish by January though because C1 has taken you so long. Don't worry and don't rush through it. C3 and C4 is hard but it's not that bed and mind set is important. Where are you applying for Economics btw and what are your other grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emz99)
    Hi

I am in the same boat as you as in I am a resit student and doing 6 hours a day also doing full A-Level maths due to changing exam boards. I have completed the 2 years of A-Level and now taking a gap year for me a retake year. I think you are going fine at the moment. I don't think you will finish by January though because C1 has taken you so long. Don't worry and don't rush through it. C3 and C4 is hard but it's not that bed and mind set is important. Where are you applying for Economics btw and what are your other grades?

No I only took this long because I missed weeks out!! I get it done really quickly and I think I will finish by Jan because I am working way fast now

I'm hoping to apply to ucl,lse,city and 3 others (im applying for eco & business and eco & eco history )

you?

By the way, how long does it take you to finish 1 unit? and are you resitting other exams?
    Edexcel maths 2008, this is the last year for it and then they are changing the maths spec too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samantham999)
    No I only took this long because I missed weeks out!! I get it done really quickly and I think I will finish by Jan because I am working way fast now

I'm hoping to apply to ucl,lse,city and 3 others (im applying for eco & business and eco & eco history )

you?

By the way, how long does it take you to finish 1 unit? and are you resitting other exams?
    Edexcel maths 2008, this is the last year for it and then they are changing the maths spec too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emz99)
    I know. Whoa some great universities all in London too. I am undecided but looking to apply places like Southampton, Manchester Nottingham, Leicester, Queen Mary etc. I spent 2 years with school so I didn't really go over it. I just do past papers for it. I think exam practise is key. How comes you didn't do any maths before? How old are you? Also yes I am retaking business and chemistry too dropped Economics B at AS.
    you need maths for eco and im 19 right now (im from south london)

cool, i think nottingham or manchester are the best from your options. Dont go to QM its not all that

Have you gone through the maths content though? this is my first time

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.