Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever had a lucid dream? Watch

Announcements

(Original post by saraxh)
    Idk what age. For me it naturally happens
    Same here, I've never had to force myself to lucid dream. Heck I didn't even know I was doing it until a few years ago. :shakecane:

ReputationRep:
    I get them quite often.

The last time I had one, I managed to talk people into coming to deserted locations where I had sex with them. Afterwards for some reason they'd morph into an animal, and I'd kill them. I repeat this process, of luring, having sex, and killing, until I wake up.

ReputationRep:
    Every time I have a nightmare, I'm the weak one. At times I've slightly been able to "regain" a bit of strength by trying to force myself to move, but when something bad or scary happens, I can't move - I'm just weak. When I do force myself though, I usually just wake up. Once I prevailed and I don't know if I beat the bad guy or something like that, but I was happy when I woke up. I think that sometimes a dream evolves to a nightmare - weird stuff. I don't know why that is or what it is. A couple of times I've lucid dreamed but I didn't realise I was doing it - only in hindsight when I'm thinking back now, do I realise that I did in fact manipulate my actions to some extent.

I wonder if my "nightmares" have ever been sleep paralysis. I'm curious to know what sleep paralysis is, but the thought of being absolutely powerless is quite scary - quite like the nightmares I used to have - except sleep paralysis sounds a lot more vicious.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, sometimes I slept in deep sleep that I realised I was in limbo so I have to kill myself in order wake myself up.

ReputationRep:
    i can control it now. Been doing it for a month or so and had one almost every day. There's two things you do.
    1) keep a dream journal (i use the notes bit on my phone) and record ALL of your dreams and lucid dreams to as much detail as you can.
    2) Set your alarm for 2 hrs before youre meant to wake up then turn around on your bed. This helps make you more aware and then go back to sleep. After a while, you can have longer lucid dreams by waking up earlier.

ReputationRep:
    I dont get many lucid dreams, but I believe the last one I had was of me stuck in an alleyway with giant spiders chasing me.

ReputationRep:
    I have them quite frequently. Every time I wake up I'm like damn it man why didn't I take my chance

ReputationRep:
    How does one have a lucid dream then?

ReputationRep:
    No but I've had sleep paralysis

ReputationRep:
    nope never had a lucid dream; my brain has been able to fool me every single time into thinking a dream is real. even when it involved dead family members i was too stupid to realize apparantly

i get sleep paralysis same as above poster though; whenever i try to run during a dream the best i can do is kinda skip sideways (i can run forwards but its like i'm doing it in slow-motion and i realize the side-skipping is faster so i switch to that). i'm always aware this is going to happen when i try to run away during a dream but never clock on it's because i'm asleep -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iThrow)
    nope never had a lucid dream; my brain has been able to fool me every single time into thinking a dream is real. even when it involved dead family members i was too stupid to realize apparantly
    I used to share a bedroom with my sister and the only dreams I've ever really remembered are INCREDIBLY vivid but very mundane ones:
    - her getting up to go to work early in the morning (I'd wake up and she'd still be in bed)
    - her arriving in the middle of the night (despite her staying at her flat)
    - us arguing over her texting (she used to have a blackberry and the clicking would wake me up), again when she's not even in the room.

I've woke up so confused sometimes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1010marina)
    I've woke up so confused sometimes!
    tell me about it. my dad died a couple of years ago and the times i've dreamt of him for the first few seconds after i was awake i still hadn't quite remembered he was dead - then it was like, oh -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I've made it clear on here that I plan on starting the old vitamin S soon, tbh I'm a bit terrified of tren because I've heard the dreams are nothing short of ****ing mental :rofl:
    It's so true... never had more bizarre and memorable dreams in my life

ReputationRep:
    Only once. I was sleepwalking and was dreaming that I was flying around the house.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    No but I've had sleep paralysis
    I had that once 5 times in a week.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Yep, a couple of times, it was amazing. It was like I was God and could make anything out of thin air, shape reality etc.

I've also had a dream within a dream before.
    Dream within a dream was funny.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.