Indian army crosses into Pakistan to attack terrorist targets

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Well, someone's got to do something about Pakistan's terrorist sheltering. Since India's under the most immediate threat it makes sense that they'd be the ones to snap.
    What's your opinion about the Indians funding terrorism in Balochistan?

Something many of their federal ministers have happily admitted in the past few months and years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inzamam99)
    Spoken like someone who doesn't know much about the conflict.
    My comment was correct. There is no "genocide" in Kashmir, and the terrorism against Indian security forces is driven by Islamic extremist tendencies. No serious observer of the Kashmiri conflict would dispute that.

There are millions upon millions of Muslims in India. They get along just fine, for the most part. They are not oppressed by dint of being under a non-Islamic government. Why do the Kashmiris so desperately need to be under an Islamic government? It's not like they want to be an independent Kashmiri nation, they want to be under Pakistani rule.

It's quite typical where there are Muslim minorities that their prejudice and bigotry means they feel that "kaffir" are not fit to govern over Muslims, and that Muslims should always be under a government of other Muslims. But somehow, when the opposite is the case (non-Muslims under a Muslim government), the Muslim countries don't feel any need to give them autonomy or independence. If anything, such minorities suffer terribly under the Muslim whip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    India is very aware that Pakistan has nukes. They wouldn't force Pakistan to use nukes, they'd probably just enforce a peace treaty or ceasefire.
    Any attempt to militarily "enforce" a situation risks nuclear war. Naturally the Indians wouldn't act in a way that they felt would force Pakistan to use their nuclear weapons, it is the unpredictability of such situations that neither side may have wanted to end up in a nuclear conflict but do so anyway.

A situation like the Kargil War could easily spiral out of control into a nuclear war nowadays. As I said, it's very possible you could have a minor border flare up involving a few companies or a battalion on each side. The Indians move up two or three divisions to reinforce their troops. The Pakistanis interpret that as the Indians moving divisions into a position in preparation to invade Pakistan or enter its territory. The Pakistanis execute their war plans (which involve both defence in depth and lightning attacks by large armour formations to hit the Indians while they are still organising their troops); so Pakistan sends an armoured division into India to hit those divisions while they are still moving in columns toward the border.

India retaliates by sending those divisions into Pakistan to destroy the offending armoured formations. Pakistan inevitably starts to lose control of the situation due to India's numerical advantage, and introduce battlefield nuclear weapons to make devastating tactical strikes against Indian formations. The Indians see mushroom clouds rising over the battlefield and the whole inevitable spiral towards a general nuclear exchange starts.

The point is that you always want to head this situations off at the pass; don't put yourself in a situation where there could be any escalation, on matter how small. India should only react defensively, to destroy any Pakistani troops on its soil.

ReputationRep:

Something many of their federal ministers have happily admitted in the past few months and years?
    Pakistan funded Khalistani terrorism and also been doing the same in Kashmir for the last 40 years! Funny how when you smuggle millitants into kashmir to coax the young people to presume they want independence and they are freedom fighters but the same situation in Balochistan where you have been butchering them for decades, you call them terrorists?

If India is helping freedom fighters in Baloch then good coz its a retaliation after years of interference by pakistan in India. Remember 1971 and Bangladesh, India has already broken one part of you within 14 days, they are more than capable of helping Balochistan to get what they want similarly but unlike the beggar country like Pakistan we have diplomatic and political limitations as we are a DEMOCRACY not a rouge army run country like yours who have the aid given to them by the US to spend on their Nukes but dont have money to feed their own poor people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)
    My comment was correct. There is no "genocide" in Kashmir, and the terrorism against Indian security forces is driven by Islamic extremist tendencies. No serious observer of the Kashmiri conflict would dispute that.

There are millions upon millions of Muslims in India. They get along just fine, for the most part. They are not oppressed by dint of being under a non-Islamic government. Why do the Kashmiris so desperately need to be under an Islamic government? It's not like they want to be an independent Kashmiri nation, they want to be under Pakistani rule.

It's quite typical where there are Muslim minorities that their prejudice and bigotry means they feel that "kaffir" are not fit to govern over Muslims, and that Muslims should always be under a government of other Muslims. But somehow, when the opposite is the case (non-Muslims under a Muslim government), the Muslim countries don't feel any need to give them autonomy or independence. If anything, such minorities suffer terribly under the Muslim whip.
    No they don't. The vast majority of Kashmiris hold independence as the ideal even on the Pakistani side.

The agitation on the Indian side primarily comes from the deployment of 500,000 Indian troops to the area and the use of extreme force which has left a hundred thousand civilians dead since 1989.

The use of Pellet guns on peaceful protestors leading to the murder and blinding of scores of them has been roundly condemned and criticised around the world not just by Pakistan.

So let me guess- you're against the Kashmiri people determining their own fate?

What's your opinion of the 1984 genocide against the Sikhs of Punjab? Was that also inspired by Islamic extremism?

ReputationRep:
    are they dumb?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sachinisgod)
    Pakistan funded Khalistani terrorism and also been doing the same in Kashmir for the last 40 years! Funny how when you smuggle millitants into kashmir to coax the young people to presume they want independence and they are freedom fighters but the same situation in Balochistan where you have been butchering them for decades, you call them terrorists?

If India is helping freedom fighters in Baloch then good coz its a retaliation after years of interference by pakistan in India. Remember 1971 and Bangladesh, India has already broken one part of you within 14 days, they are more than capable of helping Balochistan to get what they want similarly but unlike the beggar country like Pakistan we have diplomatic and political limitations as we are a DEMOCRACY not a rouge army run country like yours who have the aid given to them by the US to spend on their Nukes but dont have money to feed their own poor people.
    Yes, yes India is very prosperous. I can tell by the 50% of people who don't have access to toilets and the rate of extreme poverty which dwarves that of any other nation in the subcontinent- both number and percentage wise.

Bangladesh was always going to break away- it was logistically impossible for the country to stay together.

As far as Balochistan goes- we have the issue of missing people there but every mainstream political party including the ones led by relatives of the head of the separatist parties support Pakistan. Plus the vast majority of the population of the province is Pashtun not Baloch.

Better to concentrate on your problems rather than trying to justify mass murder in Kashmir by what Pakistan does.

ReputationRep:

Wisely said Sachin bhai

ReputationRep:

lol ok

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Inzamam99;67812854]Yes, yes India is very prosperous. I can tell by the 50% of people who don't have access to toilets and the rate of extreme poverty which dwarves that of any other nation in the subcontinent- both number and percentage wise.

Bangladesh was always going to break away- it was logistically impossible for the country to stay together.

As far as Balochistan goes- we have the issue of missing people there but every mainstream political party including the ones led by relatives of the head of the separatist parties support Pakistan. Plus the vast majority of the population of the province is Pashtun not Baloch.

Better to concentrate on your problems rather than trying to justify mass murder in Kashmir by what Pakistan does.[[Quote]]

Well considering the fact that 40 million people in Pakistan have no access to toilets and more than 50% of the people of Pakistan live in absolute poverty (according to the world bank) as compared to India's 21%
    Percentage of People living in poverty in 1980 in India- 60%
    In 2011- 21%

Pakistan
    1980- well above 60%
    Today - 50%
    Source- World Bank
    I agree that India has a long way to go but look at where we were and where we are now and then look at your country. We realise our problems and we are working hard to solve them but you will keep on being in denial of your own condition sadly. We are are a secular democracy where as Pakistan is a islamic fake democracy (military rule).
    Dont get me started on how minorities are treated in Pakistan hindus Christians shias ahmediyas. At least India is a secular country unlike islam forcing Pakistan.
    And as far as Kashmir is concerned it is very true that not even one Hindu Kashmiri wants a independent/pakistan controlled Jammu and kashmir ( not even Kashmir) the kashmiri hindus( most were kicked out/killed by islamic pakistan supported militants)have always wanted to be with India. Its the muslims who want to be with Pakistan but most now realise the economic benefit associated with India ( Fastest growing major economy in the world 3rd largest in PPE and 11th in Nominal terms)that they cannot have with politically, economically and institutionally screwed up Pakistan/independently. They also get reservations in universities and government jobs. So most people now want to be with India and are tired of war. Kashmiris realise that there cannot be a independent Jammu and Kashmir. And let me point out the fact that if Pakistan had not attacked Jammu and Kashmir in 1947-8 then it would have been independent anyway. Then then maharaja was reluctant to accede to India and wanted to remain independent it was only when pak attacked that he had to sign the treaty of accession to India so that India could protect J&K.
    And to say that This operation was carried out to raise public support internally/domestically would be naive as there is already overwhelming support for the Government if it wants to act and people already have faith in the Indian militaries capabilities ( Source- History- 1947-1965-1971-1999 none of which pakistan has won)
    I would also like to point out the fact that India has 3 million active standing army(3rd largest) as compaired to Pakistan's 5 hundred thousand (as you point out that is the number of indian army service men stationed in the state of Jammu and Kashmir alone) and India has a defence bidget of 52 billion dollars (6th largest excluding the budget of paramilitary/military police/crpf) as compaired to Pakistans 7.9 billion dollar budget around 900 million of which is provided by US foreign aid that is directed towards terrorist groups by ISI.. We have a larger and better air force as as well as a larger and better armed navy which includes 2 aircraft carriers ( INS vikramditya, INS viraat) while you have none. So i think there is no reason to doubt the armed forces capabilities you should look at your countries economy. BSE karachi (Pakistans stock market) fell 500 points today when the news of this operation went viral in Indian media).
    Source- i have lived all over Jammu and Kashmir( talking about the Indian administered of coarse) and have lost about 50% of my extended family members and grandfather ( all served in the Indian Military)to this so called 'Independence' movement or Jihad so i think that i am qualified enough to answer.
    Edit- No not even one single union/Central minister has openly said that India funds Baloch speratists

Lmao get your facts right . I suggest u do some research.

ReputationRep:
    Some more updates- an Indian soldier was captured and 14 killed today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idunno99)

Well considering the fact that 40 million people in Pakistan have no access to toilets and more than 50% of the people of Pakistan live in absolute poverty (according to the world bank) as compared to India's 21%
    Percentage of People living in poverty in 1980 in India- 60%
    In 2011- 21%

Pakistan
    1980- well above 60%
    Today - 50%
    Source- World Bank
    I agree that India has a long way to go but look at where we were and where we are now and then look at your country. We realise our problems and we are working hard to solve them but you will keep on being in denial of your own condition sadly. We are are a secular democracy where as Pakistan is a islamic fake democracy (military rule).
    Dont get me started on how minorities are treated in Pakistan hindus Christians shias ahmediyas. At least India is a secular country unlike islam forcing Pakistan.
    And as far as Kashmir is concerned it is very true that not even one Hindu Kashmiri wants a independent/pakistan controlled Jammu and kashmir ( not even Kashmir) the kashmiri hindus( most were kicked out/killed by islamic pakistan supported militants)have always wanted to be with India. Its the muslims who want to be with Pakistan but most now realise the economic benefit associated with India ( Fastest growing major economy in the world 3rd largest in PPE and 11th in Nominal terms)that they cannot have with politically, economically and institutionally screwed up Pakistan/independently. They also get reservations in universities and government jobs. So most people now want to be with India and are tired of war. Kashmiris realise that there cannot be a independent Jammu and Kashmir. And let me point out the fact that if Pakistan had not attacked Jammu and Kashmir in 1947-8 then it would have been independent anyway. Then then maharaja was reluctant to accede to India and wanted to remain independent it was only when pak attacked that he had to sign the treaty of accession to India so that India could protect J&K.
    And to say that This operation was carried out to raise public support internally/domestically would be naive as there is already overwhelming support for the Government if it wants to act and people already have faith in the Indian militaries capabilities ( Source- History- 1947-1965-1971-1999 none of which pakistan has won)
    I would also like to point out the fact that India has 3 million active standing army(3rd largest) as compaired to Pakistan's 5 hundred thousand (as you point out that is the number of indian army service men stationed in the state of Jammu and Kashmir alone) and India has a defence bidget of 52 billion dollars (6th largest excluding the budget of paramilitary/military police/crpf) as compaired to Pakistans 7.9 billion dollar budget around 900 million of which is provided by US foreign aid that is directed towards terrorist groups by ISI.. We have a larger and better air force as as well as a larger and better armed navy which includes 2 aircraft carriers ( INS vikramditya, INS viraat) while you have none. So i think there is no reason to doubt the armed forces capabilities you should look at your countries economy. BSE karachi (Pakistans stock market) fell 500 points today when the news of this operation went viral in Indian media).
    Source- i have lived all over Jammu and Kashmir( talking about the Indian administered of coarse) and have lost about 50% of my extended family members and grandfather ( all served in the Indian Military)to this so called 'Independence' movement or Jihad so i think that i am qualified enough to answer.
    Edit- No not even one single union/Central minister has openly said that India funds Baloch speratists

Lmao get your facts right . I suggest u do some research.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...UN-report.html

"The Human Development Report reveals that while India ranks slightly above Pakistan in its level of 'human development' – based on life expectancy, schooling and per capita income – its wider poverty level is worse than Pakistan's.

In absolute terms, 41.6 per cent of India's 1.1 billion people earned less than 78 pence per day compared with 22.6 per cent of Pakistan's 173 million.
    The report quotes its 'multi-dimensional poverty index' which includes measures of schooling, child mortality, nutrition, access to electricity, toilets, drinking water, and hygienic living conditions, and reveals India is poorer.

It found 53.7 per cent of Indians suffering from this broader kind of poverty, compared with 49 per cent of Pakistanis.

More surprisingly, India is ranked below Pakistan and Bangladesh on gender equality which reflects maternal death rates, teenage pregnancies, access to education, and the number of women parliamentarians and in the workplace."

It's OK, I hardly expect people like you to make much sense.

If you would like the sources for my Balochistan comment, please let me know. I think you've been embarrassed enough for now.

A better approach next time would be to do some research and not make up figures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    Delusional Indians on here thinking everything India does is justified and righteous :rolleyes:
    Lol 14 of their "special forces" killed and 1 captured in a single day. That must be embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    Some more updates- an Indian soldier was captured and 14 killed today.
    Hate to break it to you but thats not true at all
    Believe whatever you want to keep your ego intact

ReputationRep:
    Hate to break it to you but thats not true at all
    Believe whatever you want to keep your ego intact
    I'll await your reply to my other post

ReputationRep:

The same opinion I have about the Pakistanis sheltering Islamic terrorists. Both are extremely stupid and horrible things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    The same opinion I have about the Pakistanis sheltering Islamic terrorists. Both are extremely stupid and horrible things.
    Absolutely agree!

And I am sure you will also agree that all people have the right to self determination be that the Baloch in Pakistan or the Kashmiris in India?

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely agree!

And I am sure you will also agree that all people have the right to self determination be that the Baloch in Pakistan or the Kashmiris in India?
    Agreed. If they want to be independent, let them be independent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    There are many non-Indians on here supporting India's actions, myself included.
    nobody cares who you support m8 :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Well that could apply to you aswell :rolleyes: ..
    How? I recognise Pakistan and India both do harmful ****

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think sex education should be compulsory in schools?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.