Is muscle memory legit? Watch

Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Tootles)
That's a pretty disproportionate and overblown reaction to having lost a little muscle mass.

What does it even matter, anyway? As long as you're healthy, muscle mass is just another number.

On topic: yes, is it legit - when you're doing things which require actual motor control and dexterity.
Yeah, I know, was just kidding :lol:

But it sucks to see years of hard work go to waste
undercxver
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You got a nice booty anyways.

That's all that matters.
XxKingSniprxX
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Angry cucumber)
In my experience, yes but not the magical speed that people claim.

If you have some gainz still, then you'll initially appear to put on size quickly, but that's just glycogen just going back in and that alone will put a little strength on you. From there, as you know how to train and eat, you'll gain it back slightly faster than the first time, largely as you know what you are doing.

Imo it comes back like 10% faster and then that last bit to where you were exactly (depending on how strong you were) takes the same as previously. Perhaps 20% faster. You don't just bounce back 12kg of gainz :lol:

Inb4 someone mentins the guy who did the Olympia at 54
Was that Kevin Levrone?

Sure you can beat people but yeah ... you can't beat time.
Greg Jackson
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes, some of it will just be increased glycogen storage in your muscles but you also still need to eat enough to get the gains back, your body can't create muscle out of thin air, so basically your caloric surplus a higher percentage will be used to create muscle than fat storage compared to if you never had the extra muscle in the first place (which is fast itself due to the noob gain factor).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (529)
80.27%
Leave (130)
19.73%

Watched Threads