Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Name: Callum
Course:Medicine/Biomedical Sciences/Medical Sciences
Intermediate 2: AAAAAAAA
IB(Predicted): 38 with 666 at HL

Has anybody received any offers for med or biomed yet?
asdf12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Name: Erin
Course: Mathematics
GCSEs (or equivalent): A*AAAAABBB
AS or equivalent grades: ABB
A2 or equivalent subjects: Maths, History, Music
A2 (predictions or achieved)/ Equivalents: A* (history) A (music) A/B (maths, my teacher hasn't decided yet)

I'm studying maths as I love it, though I'm better at my other subjects. Would I more likely get a place if I applied for bachelors or masters? Also, how easy is it to sort out bursaries?
Airmed
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by asdf12)
Name: Erin
Course: Mathematics
GCSEs (or equivalent): A*AAAAABBB
AS or equivalent grades: ABB
A2 or equivalent subjects: Maths, History, Music
A2 (predictions or achieved)/ Equivalents: A* (history) A (music) A/B (maths, my teacher hasn't decided yet)

I'm studying maths as I love it, though I'm better at my other subjects. Would I more likely get a place if I applied for bachelors or masters? Also, how easy is it to sort out bursaries?
The bursaries offered by the uni are sorted out by them. They will inform you if you get any. :yep: Just make sure you allow SF to share info with Dundee.
iwelinaaa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Name: Ivelina
Course: Psychology MA
Predicted: 5.65 out of 6.00 in our system for Diploma

Has anyone received an offer for Psychology or sth? Good luck to everyone!
ChloeBarnes30
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by moo534)
Name: Alisha
Course: Adult Nursing
Predicted: 30 IB Points

I was wondering, I have yet to send in my UCAS application, but how long does it normally take for a reply concerning interviews? Thank you x
Hi, I'm a first-year adult nursing student with Dundee at the fife campus
i sent my application away a week from the deadline last year and didn't get an interview until mid February, i know interviews were running over into march and even past the deadline they had set for offers going out (30th march im sure)
hopefully your not waiting to long. good luck with your application. im happy to answer any questions you may have.
Susie07
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi. Does anyone know if it matters if you apply to Dundee before Christmas or wait till just before the deadline? Do they get all apications and then start looking at them or make offers as they come in? Thanks
Airmed
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
(Original post by Susie07)
Hi. Does anyone know if it matters if you apply to Dundee before Christmas or wait till just before the deadline? Do they get all apications and then start looking at them or make offers as they come in? Thanks
It doesn't matter when you apply, just as long as it is before the deadline. They make offers as they come in, it seems, but all applications are assessed on an equal basis if they are submitted before the 15th January.
sammyewan
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by celia10a)
Has anyone recieved any notices from dundee? Either offers, interviews or rejection?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my offer today for Dual Law and International Relations and Politics from Dundee
DukeNuke
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am a Swedish IB student and I'm planning on applying to the Environmental Sustainability course.

Any idea about people's opinion on this course? Personally I am terrible in the sciences and maths subjects and I was wondering how much of Math and science is apparent within this course?

Also if I ever graduate with this degree I want to try and get a job in Australia with it

Thank you!
Airmed
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
(Original post by sammyewan)
Got my offer today for Dual Law and International Relations and Politics from Dundee
(Original post by DukeNuke)
I am a Swedish IB student and I'm planning on applying to the Environmental Sustainability course.

Any idea about people's opinion on this course? Personally I am terrible in the sciences and maths subjects and I was wondering how much of Math and science is apparent within this course?

Also if I ever graduate with this degree I want to try and get a job in Australia with it

Thank you!
Hi, I have moved both of your posts into the 2017 entry applicants thread.
moo534
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ChloeBarnes30)
Hi, I'm a first-year adult nursing student with Dundee at the fife campus
i sent my application away a week from the deadline last year and didn't get an interview until mid February, i know interviews were running over into march and even past the deadline they had set for offers going out (30th march im sure)
hopefully your not waiting to long. good luck with your application. im happy to answer any questions you may have.
Hey,

I just sent my UCAS application of yesterday, may I ask what the interviews were like? I have worries ranging from what to wear to the style they do their interviews and type of questions x
moo534
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DukeNuke)

Thank you!
Hey,

You are also doing the IB? I wasn't expecting anyone else to be doing the IB! I wish you the best at this busy time of year, what subjects do you take? X
vaish_28
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I just received an offer for Economics!!
Bunratty
Report 2 years ago
How do you enter A-levels already achieved, when introducing yourself?
Bunratty
Report 2 years ago
[QUOTE=Airmed;67825746]Hey everybody! It is that time of year again..

Fill out the following, and get to know your fellow applicants:

Name:
GCSEs (or equivalent):
AS or equivalent grades:
A2 or equivalent subjects:
A2 (predictions or achieved)/ Equivalents:

I should gave asked you here, hiw to fill in A-levels already achieved.
GigiL
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi! Just received my offer from Forensic Anthropology for Advanced entry into level 2 (so I miss year 1)! At first, they only gave me the offer for level 1, however, when I called them up to see if it was a mistake, they said that they would move me up to level 2

My stats are:
GCSE: 6A*, 7As and 2Cs (Our school is crazy about doing GCSEs! I took a couple of them a year early)
AS: AAAb
A2 predictions: A*A*AA (Biology, Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry respectively)

I'm actually a medical applicant, and my personal statement was heavily geared towards medicine! I'm over the moon that they actually considered me, and even if I don't get into medicine, this is an awesome course to study!
Airmed
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=Bunratty;68591008]
(Original post by Airmed)
Hey everybody! It is that time of year again..

Fill out the following, and get to know your fellow applicants:

Name:
GCSEs (or equivalent):
AS or equivalent grades:
A2 or equivalent subjects:
A2 (predictions or achieved)/ Equivalents:

I should gave asked you here, hiw to fill in A-levels already achieved.
Stick it in under A2. It doesn't matter much though! Just come say hello.
Airmed
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
(Original post by GigiL)
Hi! Just received my offer from Forensic Anthropology for Advanced entry into level 2 (so I miss year 1)! At first, they only gave me the offer for level 1, however, when I called them up to see if it was a mistake, they said that they would move me up to level 2

My stats are:
GCSE: 6A*, 7As and 2Cs (Our school is crazy about doing GCSEs! I took a couple of them a year early)
AS: AAAb
A2 predictions: A*A*AA (Biology, Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry respectively)

I'm actually a medical applicant, and my personal statement was heavily geared towards medicine! I'm over the moon that they actually considered me, and even if I don't get into medicine, this is an awesome course to study!
Congratulations! My school was crazy also for exams.
GigiL
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Airmed)
Congratulations! My school was crazy also for exams.
Thank you! I think they seriously ignored quantity over quality. I feel if I cut back on 4 of them and just focused on 11, it would have pulled my grades up!
Airmed
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
(Original post by GigiL)
Thank you! I think they seriously ignored quantity over quality. I feel if I cut back on 4 of them and just focused on 11, it would have pulled my grades up!
My school made me repeat GCSE Maths because I got a B in it. And that was in one year!

Anyway, I did Advanced Entry to Dundee myself, Politics.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (532)
80.24%
Leave (131)
19.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed