Free Economics Essays and Economics Help + Economics Chat (A-Level and IB):

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KevinLonge)
    Just updating this thread to say that I have made a new essay for AQA titled 'Exports Rising Faster than Imports Essay'. Honestly, I feel like the question was pretty unclear, but I managed to write an essay on it nonetheless. Additionally, I am now creating facebook chats for all of the exam boards, so message me early if you want to be a part of any of them
    Are there many people in the Facebook chats? I'll join, if they are active.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingal001)
    Are there many people in the Facebook chats? I'll join, if they are active.
    Not yet, that's why I am trying to get people to join haha. Can I ask which exam board you are on? Once I get enough people for your exam board, I will send you an invite to the chat (just send me a link to your fb in a pm).

ReputationRep:
    Not yet, that's why I am trying to get people to join haha. Can I ask which exam board you are on? Once I get enough people for your exam board, I will send you an invite to the chat (just send me a link to your fb in a pm).
    AQA

ReputationRep:
    AQA
    Is that AS or A2? On a side note as well, do you reckon I should keep it the way it is and have separate chats for A2 and AS, or should I just combine them? Thanks, just curious to hear someone else's opinion

ReputationRep:
    Is that AS or A2? On a side note as well, do you reckon I should keep it the way it is and have separate chats for A2 and AS, or should I just combine them? Thanks, just curious to hear someone else's opinion
    A2. Combining them would be better I think, especially since all the content is mixed now, with the new linear A-levels.

ReputationRep:
    A2. Combining them would be better I think, especially since all the content is mixed now, with the new linear A-levels.
    Seems sensible tbh. Having 6 chats for 3 exam boards would have been a pain hahaha.

ReputationRep:
    Seems sensible tbh. Having 6 chats for 3 exam boards would have been a pain hahaha.
    wait so what is this group chat thing, is it like a facebook group chat?
    BTW are you in your second or first year in UCL. how is ECONS as a major so far though?

thing is I was pretty much planning to read buss managment, but for all the reasons, im having some second thoughts on taking buss management and am considering either econs or PPE instead. in a muddle right now with my brain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theGalxB)
    wait so what is this group chat thing, is it like a facebook group chat?
    BTW are you in your second or first year in UCL. how is ECONS as a major so far though?

thing is I was pretty much planning to read buss managment, but for all the reasons, im having some second thoughts on taking buss management and am considering either econs or PPE instead. in a muddle right now with my brain.
    This is a facebook group chat (i.e. real time chat) rather than just a simple facebook group. I am in my first year at UCL, and it's been going alright so far. I wouldn't be able to say whether or not you should take it over business management or not, but definitely be conscious of the fact that economics (particularly at UCL, but really at a lot of top unis as well) has a lot of maths, so unless you happen to pick econ for a uni that isn't so mathematical, be ready for a lot it.

ReputationRep:
    Are you gonna upload any A2 notes for the new Aqa spec?

ReputationRep:
    I am doing A2 OCR economics ATM, also can I suggest that you pin the link to your essays to the top, so that it doesn't get lost in a pile of comments?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yelash)
    I am doing A2 OCR economics ATM, also can I suggest that you pin the link to your essays to the top, so that it doesn't get lost in a pile of comments?
    The essays all get automatically updated in the essay dropbox folder. I just made the recent post to bump the thread up again and show people that another essay had been done

ReputationRep:
    Updating the thread to say that I have now added the following 25 mark essay (for Edexcel) on Fracking:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/oanqmxn3pt...Essay.pdf?dl=0

I hope that you guys find it useful

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. Just made an infographic on exchange rate determinants. I mostly just want to get your feedback on this, so that I can find out whether or not more stuff like this could be useful for all of you. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Any advice on how to tackle Theme 3 A-level topics of edexcel. I'm finding it more challenging than theme 1. Here's the link to the specification:
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...c-August14.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niyi Aderounmu)
    Any advice on how to tackle Theme 3 A-level topics of edexcel. I'm finding it more challenging than theme 1. Here's the link to the specification:
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...c-August14.pdf
    Which ones are you struggling with in particular? + Do you want to join the Facebook chat for Edexcel economics? (if so, just send me a message)

ReputationRep:
    Which ones are you struggling with in particular? + Do you want to join the Facebook chat for Edexcel economics? (if so, just send me a message)
    1. Government Intervention to control monopolies (With Diagramatic Analysis)
    2. Long run and Short Run average cost curves
    3. Normal profits, supernormal profits and losses
    4. Wage determination
    in competitive and non-competitive markets

Those are the four topics I particularily struggle on with number 4 being the most. I will join the facebook chat later.

ReputationRep:
    Can I join the Facebook chat?
    My exam board is AQA

ReputationRep:
    anyone doing OCR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niyi Aderounmu)
    1. Government Intervention to control monopolies (With Diagramatic Analysis)
    2. Long run and Short Run average cost curves
    3. Normal profits, supernormal profits and losses
    4. Wage determination
    in competitive and non-competitive markets

Those are the four topics I particularily struggle on with number 4 being the most. I will join the facebook chat later.
    We just learnt a very siimlar thing on the OCR spec. It can be quite confusing especially when AR=AC and firms still make a profit??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yelash)
    We just learnt a very siimlar thing on the OCR spec. It can be quite confusing especially when AR=AC and firms still make a profit??
    At AR = AC, it's just normal profits though (i.e. profit = 0) isn't it? (unless I am thinking about a different diagram)

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.