Rejected by Tesco's Online Screening. :/

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2016_GCSE)
    Just waiting on a response to a job at lidl now. At least they have no online test.
    Let us know how you get on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Q1 - Why would you say no to your manager?! Obviously a bad answer.
    Question 1: You are refilling a section of shelves in the store which you need to have completed before your break. Your manager approaches you and asks you to take your break an hour earlier as one of your colleagues needs to leave early today.

Tell your manager that you cannot change the time of your break as you need to finish refilling the shelves.

Lets look at this:

So, NEED to have completed before your break. Based on this statement in the question, I view having a break earlier will mean I probably won't have the task done before standard break.

A trick question if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    Question 1: You are refilling a section of shelves in the store which you need to have completed before your break. Your manager approaches you and asks you to take your break an hour earlier as one of your colleagues needs to leave early today.

Tell your manager that you cannot change the time of your break as you need to finish refilling the shelves.

Lets look at this:

So, NEED to have completed before your break. Based on this statement in the question, I view having a break earlier will mean I probably won't have the task done before standard break.

And who told you to complete the task before your break? I'l tell you, a manager.

ReputationRep:

Lets look at this:

Okay, well as a word of advice - don't say no to your manager. Ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Okay, well as a word of advice - don't say no to your manager. Ever.
    (Original post by johnTroy1)
    And who told you to complete the task before your break? I'l tell you, a manager.
    But, what happens if my progress with stacking the shelf was hindered by this early break meaning the shelf was not stacked before break which remember I NEED to do.... >_<

ReputationRep:
    But, what happens if my progress with stacking the shelf was hindered by this early break meaning the shelf was not stacked before break which remember I NEED to do.... >_<
    If a manager over rides your current task to get you to have an early break so you're available later. He/she will realise that it will hinder your current task and that it will take more time. As long as the task is completed within the new boundaries he/she sets or a reasonable time there wouldn't be a problem. Common sense. For all questions, just assume you are there to please every person you encounter, not to please yourself. Good luck with your other applications.

ReputationRep:
    PS. Often this sort of screening will reject you just because they have reached the maximum number of applications.

ReputationRep:
    Looking at your answers, thanks god you were rejected

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    PS. Often this sort of screening will reject you just because they have reached the maximum number of applications.
    Not in this case, I don't think.

ReputationRep:
    I actually work for Tesco and I can 100% see why you'd be deemed unsuitable. Sorry, but everyone else is right!

These are multiple choice answers? Some of them seemed quite lazy and limited.

(Original post by Jjubb84)
    I actually work for Tesco and I can 100% see why you'd be deemed unsuitable. Sorry, but everyone else is right!
    Which of his answers do you think were the wrong selections?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Which of his answers do you think were the wrong selections?
    1,2,6,8,9,12 stick out like sore thumbs for me as things that I generally wouldn't do.

And 13....well, if you're looking for something where the challenges are manageable...ha!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Does your body insecurities make you avoid PE or exercise?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.