Would you date a bisexual person? If not, why?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clez)
    Okay - what is it about it that turns you off?
    The fact that they go with their own sex. This imagery is not arousing for me

ReputationRep:
    I'm bi, and yes.

Spoiler:
    Show
    The misconception that those who are bi are just greedy cheats or confused grates on me so much. I am not confused; I am not greedy; I am not a cheat. I know who and what I am. I get that people have their reasons for not wanting to be with certain people, but basing it on complete rubbish isn't right

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    The fact that they go with their own sex. This imagery is not arousing for me
    Ok - this is a reason I have come across before, that I cannot get my head around - please help me understand it with these questions:

If a person is into you and you them, without sexuality being raised as an issue, wouldn't you be thinking about yourselves together rather than with other people? Why does this change once the sexuality is disclosed?

Why would you think of them being with someone of their own sex at all - Why would that imagery come into your mind?

If you are with someone who is heterosexual, do you think of them being with other people of the opposite sex?

ReputationRep:
    It greatly saddens me that people would find being bisexual such a big issue that they would not date someone they liked based on that reasoning alone.

You're all entitled to how you feel, but it's upsetting to see people actually feel this way still.

ReputationRep:
    Yes - I judge the person, not their sexuality.

Inherently, I never have had jealousy or similar issues - if you're well behaved you've won me over. If not it's game over no questions asked. Sexuality in itself does not decide either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    @clez

My partner is bi. We've been friends for four years and best friends for 18 moths or so before we got together. It doesnt matter to me.

I know if she wont cheat just because she is bi, nor does it bother me that she is bi. she is who she is.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I would. I'd be open about it but don't think you have to necessarily state you're bi, more if the topic comes up in some way.
    It annoys me when some guys think that just because you're bisexual you'd be up for a threesome 😔

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I would. I'd happily date someone straight, bisexual, asexual etc as long as we're attracted to each other and they were faithful. I don't believe the hype that bisexuals are less faithful than everyone else. I'm bi and I've had no problems being committed to the same person for almost eight years now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nah.

ReputationRep:
    na.

ReputationRep:
    I mean I'm a female and bisexual as well, so I don't think I have the grounds to answer your question, but I felt like putting my input here anyways.
    Honestly, I think there's alot of woman out there who would date a bisexual guy. In my opinion, since you mentioned you had several relationships with woman who weren't very accepting of it, it kind of seems like you're surrounding yourself with people like that. I don't mean that in the critical way either, I just mean I think you should really actively try to surround yourself with people who would be accepting of it. Not just for relationships either, as friends, acquaintances, etc. After all, all relationships start out with two strangers.

ReputationRep:
    As long as they were faithful, i couldnt care less what someones sexuality is really. I'm sorry you've come across so many women with a crappy attitude.

ReputationRep:
    sorry i wouldnt, i dont hate the fact of homosexuality. people have a right to live their lives how they want but its just not a preference for me. like some people prefer blondes and some like brunettes. its all about what you like. it doesnt make you a better or worse person if you would date one or not.

ReputationRep:
    it's a complete non-issue for me, what difference would it make to the relationship you're currently in if your other partner is bisexual? people who say that they're more likely to cheat bc they are bi should see how many heterosexual marriages end in divorce bc of unfaithfullness lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    sorry i wouldnt, i dont hate the fact of homosexuality. people have a right to live their lives how they want but its just not a preference for me. like some people prefer blondes and some like brunettes. its all about what you like. it doesnt make you a better or worse person if you would date one or not.
    Sorry, I don't think you read my OP properly - I said Im bisexual, not homosexual. I'm sure there won't be any homosexual people who would want to date you either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clez)
    Sorry, I don't think you read my OP properly - I said Im bisexual, not homosexual. I'm sure there won't be any homosexual people who would want to date you either.
    well im not saying your homosexual, but isnt being bi being attracted to the same sex aswell. that still classes and being both hetro and homosexual at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    No thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Yes, I would. I'd happily date someone straight, bisexual, asexual etc as long as we're attracted to each other and they were faithful.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    You would think this would be the crux of the whole thing, right?!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I would. I see no reason not to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    well im not saying your homosexual, but isnt being bi being attracted to the same sex aswell. that still classes and being both hetro and homosexual at the same time.
    Yes and no. Being bi is not having your sexual attraction limited by sex/gender/whatever-they-call-it-these-days. My sexual attraction is not comprised of being into men and women as gendered groups, it is comprised of the people I am attracted to versus the people I am not attracted to, similarly to you and similarly to everybody. The difference is that for me, and others, some of those people may or will be men, and some of those people may or will be women.

Being bisexual does not class has being both hetro and homosexual at the same time, it classes as being bisexual - hence saying "I am bisexual". Not half of this and half of that... 100% bisexual. I am not in any way heterosexual. Neither am I in any way homosexual. My sexuality is what it is and, most importantly, exists. Please don't try to erase it or dress it up as something else.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.