Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Labour suspends Jackie Walker over Holocaust comments Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    What Harvard professor? Or is this just hypothetical?

My bet is you're probably referring to Noel Ignatiev.
    Yes correct, Noel Ignatiev. He proves that is acceptable under cultural Marxism for a Jewish person so say whites need to be abolished but not acceptable for a white person to even make the slightest criticism of Jews in the collective.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lollypop100)
    He proves that is acceptable under cultural Marxism for a Jewish person so say whites need to be abolished
    Are you saying that he says it is reasonable for Jews to call for the genocide of white people?

ReputationRep:
    The term "anti-semitic" has has its uses but just like the word "Islamophobia", it is quite often used to stifle criticism even though the views may not be based on bigotry at all. I don't have much stake in someone being accused of these things, I prefer to do more investigation into what a persons views are than believe all the smearing done on them by the use of polarising words.

ReputationRep:
    Yes correct, Noel Ignatiev. He proves that is acceptable under cultural Marxism for a Jewish person so say whites need to be abolished but not acceptable for a white person to even make the slightest criticism of Jews in the collective.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmmm....Ignatiev has explictly and repeatedly stated that he seeks the abolition of the construct of "whiteness" and its associated privileges, and not "white" people - just as an anti-monarchist might seek the abolition of the monarchy without wanting to execute individual "royals". His position has been heavily criticised from several political perspectives (including by labour and working class history Professor Eric Arnesen, who said it suffers from "fatal methodological and conceptual flaws")

Ignatiev is strongly anti-Zionist.

So I am unclear what Ignatiev "proves" in your analysis. Is he part of your "cultural Marxist" establishment or not?

ReputationRep:
    It's window dressing, Labour needs to create a culture where any form of antisemitism is absolutely not tolerated. The Blair era was the best of times, until then my heart is blue and I'm riding the May-flower. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OxFossil)
    Hmmm....Ignatiev has explictly and repeatedly stated that he seeks the abolition of the construct of "whiteness" and its associated privileges, and not "white" people - just as an anti-monarchist might seek the abolition of the monarchy without wanting to execute individual "royals". His position has been heavily criticised from several political perspectives (including by labour and working class history Professor Eric Arnesen, who said it suffers from "fatal methodological and conceptual flaws")

Ignatiev is strongly anti-Zionist.

So I am unclear what Ignatiev "proves" in your analysis. Is he part of your "cultural Marxist" establishment or not?
    Hahaha that's really funny how cultural Marxists hide behind "constructs".

Well how about if someone said they want to abolish the construct known as Jewishness? How would that go down?

Ignatiev also said that whiteness is evil. What about if someone said that's Jewishness is evil?

Just a few years ago people wouldn't even be allowed to have this conversation without the other party or a third party closing it down!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)
    The fact she was Vice-Chair in the first-place (and was allowed to continue as such even after she had said many racist things) is the telling fact in this situation.

Anti-semites are attracted to Momentum like flies to ****. In my area, the new Momentum head honcho is a guy that we Labour people had known for years as an anti-semitic conspiracy monger. He ran for election as an independent after he found people were unwilling to follow him as some kind of prophet, and in that election made the most outrageous conspiracy accusations and racially-charged comments imaginable.

He is an unbalanced man who believes that everyone is conspiring against him, along with various other claims about the Rothschilds and the Protocol of the Elders of Zion and suchlike. But to the local Momentum crowd, he strikes them as someone who "really knows the truth". People like him seem to do very well in Momentum, thank you very much
    Can you please tell me what she said that was racist?

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha that's really funny how cultural Marxists hide behind "constructs".

Well how about if someone said they want to abolish the construct known as Jewishness? How would that go down?

Just a few years ago people wouldn't even be allowed to have this conversation without the other party or a third party closing it down!
    So you were unaware of the nature of Ignatiev's arguments?

And his anti-Zionism is consistent with his being - in your terms - a "cultural Marxist"? Interestingly, whilst teaching at Harvard, he also argued against the purchase of a toaster that would be used exclusively for kosher food. Still a "cultural Marxist?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inzamam99)
    You guys keep talking like sock puppets while being oblivious to the elephant in the room.

Open your eyes and don't only think within a tiny narrow construct; the cultural Marxist ideology.

The elephant in the room is that it's OK for anyone (including Jewish people like Noel Ignativev) so say bad things about white people including abolish the white race. Yet no one can say anything even mildly critical about Jewish people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nothing, apparently. Momentum said:

"Jackie's actions at Labour Conference, in her subsequent Channel 4 interview, and by not understanding concern caused by her statements, have led the steering committee to view her behaviour as irresponsible and lose confidence in her...

"Having read reports of what Jackie Walker is alleged to have said, listened to the leaked video, and heard Jackie's version of events, the committee does not regard any of the comments she appears to have made, taken individually, to be anti-Semitic."

It said Ms Walker "should have done more to explain herself to mitigate the upset caused and should have been careful about statements on this and related subjects, whatever her record as an anti-racist, which the committee applauds".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37547873

Among wowsers you have to be an extreme wowser or be nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OxFossil)
    So you were unaware of the nature of Ignatiev's arguments?

And his anti-Zionism is consistent with his being - in your terms - a "cultural Marxist"? Interestingly, whilst teaching at Harvard, he also argued against the purchase of a toaster that would be used exclusively for kosher food. Still a "cultural Marxist?"
    I am completely familiar with American cultural Marxist driven anti-White rhetoric like university running course called "stop the whites".

I am not one of the people pretending it's not happening.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Nothing, apparently. Momentum said:

"Jackie's actions at Labour Conference, in her subsequent Channel 4 interview, and by not understanding concern caused by her statements, have led the steering committee to view her behaviour as irresponsible and lose confidence in her...

"Having read reports of what Jackie Walker is alleged to have said, listened to the leaked video, and heard Jackie's version of events, the committee does not regard any of the comments she appears to have made, taken individually, to be anti-Semitic."

It said Ms Walker "should have done more to explain herself to mitigate the upset caused and should have been careful about statements on this and related subjects, whatever her record as an anti-racist, which the committee applauds".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37547873

Among wowsers you have to be an extreme wowser or be nothing.
    You haven't answered my question. What did she say which was actually anti-Semitic? That Jewish people profited from/funded the slave trade- that's the truth. Just as the Arabs profited from it or the British or the Americans

ReputationRep:
    You haven't answered my question.
    I think you'll find, if you read my post a trifle more carefully, that I answered your question fully. Take particular note of the word "nothing" at the beginning of my response.

ReputationRep:
    I am completely familiar with American cultural Marxist driven anti-White rhetoric like university running course called "stop the whites".

I am not one of the people pretending it's not happening.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So when you refer to Ignatiev as "proving" your case, you do so without actually knowing anything about him.

ReputationRep:
    This situation reminds me of something from my past. My high school replaced Holocaust memorial day with more generic memorial day for all genocides, it was a strange left-wing antisemitism where it wasn't a firebrand right-wing hate monger talking about how the Jews betray their nations, but a sneering callous left-wing antisemitism ''get over it yehoody, you're not that special''.

Even if the intent was not malicious, it showed a historical ignorance where the Holocaust is so incomparable to every other event in human history, not least because it happened in the centre of the developed world in country where the Jews had very much become German.

ReputationRep:
    Noel Ignatiev wasn't and isn't a "Harvard professor". He was just a PhD student. The only staff position he's ever held as a fully-qualified academic is at the much less prestigious Massachusetts College of Art. During this time, he ran, for a handful of issues, and obscure, non-peer-reviewed journal. He's an irrelevant and obscure figure who's proof of nothing.

ReputationRep:
    What a joke

ReputationRep:
    There was a much, much stronger case that the slave trade comments that led to her previous suspension were anti-semitic than anything she's said here.
    The comments she made where taken out of context by the press. In the previous incident, she was talking directly about her own Jewish Jamaican ancestors, many of whom were slave traders.

ReputationRep:
    Noel Ignatiev wasn't and isn't a "Harvard professor". He was just a PhD student. The only staff position he's ever held as a fully-qualified academic is at the much less prestigious Massachusetts College of Art. During this time, he ran, for a handful of issues, and obscure, non-peer-reviewed journal. He's an irrelevant and obscure figure who's proof of nothing.
    Well this is what Wikipedia says:

Ignatiev set up Marxist discussion groups in the early 1980s. In 1985, Ignatiev was accepted to the Harvard Graduate School of Education without an undergraduate degree. After earning his master's degree, he joined the Harvard faculty as a lecturer and worked toward a doctorate in U.S. history.

If Ignatiev was an outlier, I wouldn't mention it. He is just a frank expression of the whole system. For example one US New York university started a course called "Stop the whites".

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.