Does your mum tell you you're good looking?

• View Poll Results: Does your mum compliment your looks?
    yes (and shes the only one)
    53.85%
    no
    46.15%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    If you were pretty you would've put yours up.

No thanks I don't want my future boss to see me on TSR.
    I don't feel the need for an avatar. Seeing as you do and that you actually went out of your way to put a picture of someone else up, then that shows something.

What kind of boss uses tsr. your full name isn't even associated with the account so the chance that they happen to look on student room and on a thread and page where you were there and then pay attention to your picture and recognise you after having met you is so stupidly low.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Hope You Die)
    I don't feel the need for an avatar. Seeing as you do and that you actually went out of your way to put a picture of someone else up, then that shows something.

What kind of boss uses tsr. your full name isn't even associated with the account so the chance that they happen to look on student room and on a thread and page where you were there and then pay attention to your picture and recognise you after having met you is so stupidly low.
    LMFAO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowMan)
    Nope. She's not into complimenting me and I'm not interested in getting compliments like that from her.
    Yeah I'm the same. For a moment looking at this thread I thought it was the norm for parents to compliment there children.

I'm not an emotional person though...

ReputationRep:
    My mum likes to put me down a lot
    its all for the banter tho isnt it

ReputationRep:
    My mum and dad cancel eachother out my mum says i do then my dad calls me ugly

Such postive vibesssss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    My mum likes to put me down a lot
    its all for the banter tho isnt it
    u is beuty kween

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    My mum and dad cancel eachother out my mum says i do then my dad calls me ugly

Such postive vibesssss
    lol typical dads telling the truth

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    My dad calls me ugly I call him ugly back :rofl:
    Lol but is he being serious though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carrot_Cake_13)
    Yeah I'm the same. For a moment looking at this thread I thought it was the norm for parents to compliment there (sic) children.

I'm not an emotional person though...
    I think it is. My mum is quite cold though and I prefer it that way tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I am a loser)
    Lol but is he being serious though
    No. He calls me beautiful sometimes When I call him a animal he gets angry :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    I think it is. My mum is quite cold though and I prefer it that way tbh
    Whoops my typo *their

Wait why have you bolded (sic)

Yeah me too. I quite enjoy it when my mum's cold to me.. I dunno just find it amusing. My dad's just neutral. The youngest of my siblings gets coddled a bit and complimented.

ReputationRep:
    No. He calls me beautiful sometimes When I call him a animal he gets angry :toofunny:
    have u exposed yourself to the relms of tsr yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I am a loser)
    have u exposed yourself to the relms of tsr yet
    The thirst is real on that thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carrot_Cake_13)
    Whoops my typo *their

Wait why have you bolded (sic)

Yeah me too. I quite enjoy it when my mum's cold to me.. I dunno just find it amusing. My dad's just neutral. The youngest of my siblings gets coddled a bit and complimented.
    I bolded the part I was replying to.

Lol, I don't enjoy it but neither do I hate it. I prefer it to her telling me I look good. I'd cringe hardcore if she said that. She either is silent on how I look or laughs at my stylistic choices, haircut, etc. I prefer silence but I'd take ridicule over praise from her. Dunno why.

ReputationRep:
    I guess she doesn't really? I feel like she doesn't feel the need to say it. Sometimes, if I'm dressed up nicely (which is always ) she'll tell me that I look nice, which is always nice to hear, but I don't think she ever calls me attractive?

My great-aunt, though :lol:
    She says that if she was my age, she'd be all over me (in essence) :lol: Which I love to hear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    thanks mum, youre the best.
    Yeah, she tells me that all the time. But I do love the fact that's she's quick to let me know if I ever look like **** before going out lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Hope You Die)
    lol typical dads telling the truth
    Haha true

ReputationRep:
    Its called a joke.
    The hypocrisy is real. Lmfao

You know what I hate? When people say no offence then offend you.
    no offence but you aren't ashley benson :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadixx)
    no offence but you aren't ashley benson :/
    That's not even Ashley Benson lol

ReputationRep:
    I bolded the part I was replying to.

Lol, I don't enjoy it but neither do I hate it. I prefer it to her telling me I look good. I'd cringe hardcore if she said that. She either is silent on how I look or laughs at my stylistic choices, haircut, etc. I prefer silence but I'd take ridicule over praise from her. Dunno why.
    My mum comes up with the most funniest of ways to annoy and insult me. Not that I take offence. Yeah I wouldn't know how to reply to my mum if she complimented me. I'd probably think she's being sarcastic. Ah ur a dude.. it's a bit different then. If my dad complimented me I'd find it awkward.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.