is it ok for bf to look at other girls pics?

Announcements

(Original post by theDanIdentity)
    ...this is what constitutes for "serious" threads on tsr nowadays? this b.s?

to op: get off your high horse woman.

my days. please don't post again unless for actual enquiries.

not this.

tsr makes me laugh sometimes
    strong idiocy

ReputationRep:
    Obviously it's not nice to know your other half finds other people attractive but I think we all have to be realistic and accept that you are not the only person in the world he is attracted to. That said, I think it's quite rude and disrespectful for him to be doing that in front of you / making it so obvious to you.

ReputationRep:
    yeah its fine cos she most likely looks at other guys anyways

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I don't think this is odd or anything. If he does it excessively, have a weird and just explain that it makes you uncomfortable

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you jealous ? I will understand you if you say yes .. don't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i probably sound really psycho, but I'm just wondering. my boyfriend will sometimes scroll past a picture of a girl or some girls on instagram or Facebook and will look at it for like 10 seconds, which is quite a long time to look at a picture. i think he also searches girls up on ig sometimes. he's defo not a cheater type or anything like that, he's great and I'm just wondering if this ok for a guy in a relationship to do? anyone else bf's do this? I'm probably over reacting but just want some advice. thanks )
    Leave him. you can find another man. and a good one. stick to your moral gun and reject fools who don't focus on you.

Now some might say how normal it is for man to look at and lust for other women. this is no excuse - especially by way you describe it.

A person, man or woman, can cheat emotionally with out knowing it. by the way they interact with others or as you described, constantly look at other women.

Why be with someone where it seems like he is looking for someone else?

ReputationRep:
    unless he's just doing it with bikini/cleavage pics then I wouldn't worry... I often spend a few seconds looking at a photo cos I'm interested in how an old friend is getting on, there's a cute dog, someone's in an exciting/pretty place, I like their top etc - there's loads of reasons to look at photos other than sexual

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i probably sound really psycho, but I'm just wondering. my boyfriend will sometimes scroll past a picture of a girl or some girls on instagram or Facebook and will look at it for like 10 seconds, which is quite a long time to look at a picture. i think he also searches girls up on ig sometimes. he's defo not a cheater type or anything like that, he's great and I'm just wondering if this ok for a guy in a relationship to do? anyone else bf's do this? I'm probably over reacting but just want some advice. thanks )
    Wouldn't bother me. Could be a lot worse. If he's checking out other women's bodies but is still with you then that means he must like you.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Does your body insecurities make you avoid PE or exercise?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.