I'm in an interracial relationship (White and Asian) AMA!

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Are you fat or what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blimey1000)
    What's the best and worst thing about the relationship?
    The best thing is just like any relationship, I'm with someone I really like. The worst thing has to be others reactions or weird looks we get if we go to like a Chinese restaurant together. Usually be Chinese girls, Chinese guys are chill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bataclan-Eagle)
    Are you fat or what?
    Not at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellalalaxo)
    Not at all
    is he fat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bataclan-Eagle)
    is he fat?
    Nope not at all???
    I dont see how the assumption is that we're both overweight when we're both sporty, in good shape people.

ReputationRep:
    apa yang chutney kegemaran anda?

:holmes:*

ReputationRep:
    What do you think about Indian guys and what advice would you give me? Should i take them to Starbucks aswell?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idunno99)
    What do you think about Indian guys and what advice would you give me? Should i take them to Starbucks aswell?
    If a girl's main concern is your race you need to find a new girl

Just be confident and talk to girls. The reason there are less girls dating guys of different races is usually because they think the guys arent into them

ReputationRep:

Just be confident and talk to girls. The reason there are less girls dating guys of different races is usually because they think the guys arent into them
    Soo Starbucks is not a good chice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idunno99)
    Soo Starbucks is not a good chice?
    starbucks is always a good choice. get ready to hit up them christmas drinks xo

ReputationRep:
    Lol ok ty

ReputationRep:
    Lol ok ty

ReputationRep:
    Yay I'm not alone! As someone of mixed race (white-asian) all of my relationships are interracial ones. It's great but like the further away you drift from the city, the more judgement you get from others. But that's to be expected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tictactao)
    Yay I'm not alone! As someone of mixed race (white-asian) all of my relationships are interracial ones. It's great but like the further away you drift from the city, the more judgement you get from others. But that's to be expected.
    Yes! That's so true. If we're out together in a city then no one pays us any attention but back in small towns (like one where i live) people aren't very subtle with their staring

ReputationRep:
    Yes! That's so true. If we're out together in a city then no one pays us any attention but back in small towns (like one where i live) people aren't very subtle with their staring
    Haha I know what you mean with the staring. Parents can be an issue as well. My first bf was white and his parents didn't approve of me because of my colour (they were aristocrats who dont want the bloodline to be 'tainted') but my current boyfriend is Afghan-Pakistani and his family are totally cool with me so it really depends.

ReputationRep:
    Haha I know what you mean with the staring. Parents can be an issue as well. My first bf was white and his parents didn't approve of me because of my colour (they were aristocrats who dont want the bloodline to be 'tainted' but my current boyfriend is Afghan-Pakistani and his family are totally cool with me so it really depends.
    da***???

ReputationRep:
    Haha I know what you mean with the staring. Parents can be an issue as well. My first bf was white and his parents didn't approve of me because of my colour (they were aristocrats who dont want the bloodline to be 'tainted' but my current boyfriend is Afghan-Pakistani and his family are totally cool with me so it really depends.
    SAME! My ex came from a very well off background in Korea so we didn't tell some of his relatives because they'd have cut his side of the family off. They didn't want any non-wealthy non-Koreans anywhere near their family but luckily his Mum was okay it was just grandparents etc

ReputationRep:
    SAME! My ex came from a very well off background in Korea so we didn't tell some of his relatives because they'd have cut his side of the family off. They didn't want any non-wealthy non-Koreans anywhere near their family but luckily his Mum was okay it was just grandparents etc
    OMG I know that feel Chaebols (korean high society) take relationships very seriously in terms of who they're with. But it's true attitudes are changing among younger generations.

ReputationRep:

do you think? i'm really attracted to asians with brown skin the guys can be so hot, but i feel like they will get with a white girl but never date because they have this expectation from their family to marry within their race. also brown asian girls are beautiful so it's not really a hard decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moura)
    do you think? i'm really attracted to asians with brown skin the guys can be so hot, but i feel like they will get with a white girl but never date because they have this expectation from their family to marry within their race. also brown asian girls are beautiful so it's not really a hard decision.
    Err my boyfriend has what you would call 'brown' skin while I am of a different skin tone and race to him. Yes his extended family aren't a big fan of me but his close family couldn't care less about any of that. His grandmother hugs me every time I visit and cooks me whatever I want

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite day of the week

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.