Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Boyfriend at uni whilst I'm at home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pickup)
    Don't expect him to be in constant touch - he really will be very busy, establishing himself in a new place, wanting to give a good impression on his tutors etc. I guess if you are planning to go to Uni next year you are busy too.

See if you can plan when exactly you will be seeing each other in the next weeks. If you know he will be back in 2-3 weeks or you will be going to see him then you will feel happier. Without some planning and commitment on both sides it is difficult to maintain a LTR.

However - amor vincit omnia- I know a couple : one in Edinburgh and one in London - but committed to each other and prepared to wear out the East Coast Line for a year. They are getting married very soon.
    This was really helpful, thankyou! We've got meetings planned for every 2-3 weeks so it won't be too bad! He's talked about life after uni and further into the future together so hopefully it'll last!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    You don't know until you try. :yep:
    If that's what you're into that's up to you but personally I'm not 😊

(Original post by bcmp17)
    Good luck to you too, I don't reply till he does. And yes hopefully, but not the same as him! What about you?
    Thank you!

Ah, that sounds nice, good luck on your applicaiton.

I'm hoping to go to a university that's one hour less away from him, so not too bad. 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thank you!

Ah, that sounds nice, good luck on your applicaiton.

I'm hoping to go to a university that's one hour less away from him, so not too bad. 😂
    Thank you, you too! That's sounds good 😊

ReputationRep:
    you can't expect him to be in constant contact, replying after a couple of hours is pretty reasonable... I would try and chill out, you're only likely to cause problems if you expect an unreasonable amount from him

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.