"Everything hurts and I'm dying" - How do you deal with freshers' flu?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    WATER! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glebp)
    First and foremost, man up.
    Yeah keep it all bottled in till you get to the point you slit your wrist or take a drug overdose. . What a big hard tough guy you are. Your such a 'real' man!

ReputationRep:
    A few cold and flu tablets, water, and a bit of 'manning up' should work fine.

(Original post by 303Pharma)
    Yeah keep it all bottled in till you get to the point you slit your wrist or take a drug overdose. . What a big hard tough guy you are. Your such a 'real' man!
    look i can see what you are saying about something say depression or anxiety or whathav you and take it from me being told to just get on with stuff isnt helpful at all as im sure you are aware.
    but seriously we are talking about the common cold here, at worst flu.
    seriously i think you are overreacting a bit.
    i've been sick recently and i have just had to get on with it so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    look i can see what you are saying about something say depression or anxiety or whathav you and take it from me being told to just get on with stuff isnt helpful at all as im sure you are aware.
    but seriously we are talking about the common cold here, at worst flu.
    seriously i think you are overreacting a bit.
    i've been sick recently and i have just had to get on with it so...
    sorry for getting off topic again. Lot of posts here have really triggered me and got me in a state.

tea seems to be helping me perfectly, in the meantime I recommend the cure

ReputationRep:
    Retail secret. I used to work in the labs of a manufacturing plant. The produce they place in the premium packaging was the exact same material they parcelled up in own brand packaging. This is rampant in the retail industry.
    Apparently psychologically the same stuff works better in smarter packaging so maybe it is actually worth the extra money.

ReputationRep:
    You're*

ReputationRep:
    Hot ribeana always made me feel better - like a hug in the mug. It's weird being sick away from home for the first time

ReputationRep:
    sleep, eat if you can and make friends with your flatmates so someone will go buy you medicine if you need it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KoDang)
    You're*
    Got to love grammar nazis when you make a spelling mistake on-line :eek:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.