Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I tell my girlfriend that I kissed one of my flat mates? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you probably shouldn't lie by omission.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her. Imagine the bloodbath you'll go through if she finds out through someone else.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. You don't want to not tell then have it come up later on accident, that would be way worse!

ReputationRep:
    You can choose not to but if it does slip out which it usually has a habit of doing you will be in deep crap.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't tell her. Afterall it was a mistake and will never happen again right?

but if the shoe was on the other foot and I got cheated on, I would want to know.

I realize that sounds hypercritical ...but meh

ReputationRep:
    I would tell her, someone did this to me and it really hurt not knowing what happened, makes you seem less trustworthy if she finds out. Or you can try and spare her feelings, but I guarantee if she finds out your relationship will most likely be over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BilBob123)
    But this is killing me inside and I don''t know what to do. I think I will have to tell her, I can't lie to my girlfriend and I owe it to her to tell the truth otherwise I'm going against what I am.
    Even you know what you have to do. What comes will come, but hopefully she will understand and appreciate the fact you were honest and that the kiss meant nothing.
    But prepare she might go mad for a bit ahah

The other night I went out with my flat mates and at the end of the night I kissed one of them, we were very drunk and stopped once we knew what we were doing. We spoke about it in the morning and both agreed that it was nothing more than a drunk kiss and it meant nothing at all. My girlfriend means the world to me and I have never done something like this before, I can't stand losing her! Should I tell her what I've done ?
    Is your girlfriend at the same uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Is your girlfriend at the same uni?
    No she's at home where I come from and she's supposed to be coming up on the weekend to stay. So basically I'm super f****

ReputationRep:
    Be 100% honest with her. If she finds out it will be 100 time worse.

No she's at home where I come from and she's supposed to be coming up on the weekend to stay. So basically I'm super f****
    What, so she's in the same year?

As a girl myself, I'd much rather someone tell me. You seem really regretful about it, so tell her exactly how you feel. If you tell her, you'll know you did the right thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What, so she's in the same year?

As a girl myself, I'd much rather someone tell me. You seem really regretful about it, so tell her exactly how you feel. If you tell her, you'll know you did the right thing.
    No she's year below! I am so regretful about it, I can't lose her! I feel so bad.

No she's year below! I am so regretful about it, I can't lose her! I feel so bad.
    I know it's hard, but try to feel better. The fact that you're thinking about telling her speaks volumes.

How long have you been together for? If it's a long time, then I'd suggest saying something, because if she ever found out later, she'll really find it hard to trust.

How have you been texting with her since?

ReputationRep:
    You are good at least you are guilty.
    I wish I could be with someone like this.

ReputationRep:
    >OP - you are very honest and I hope that (karma) works for you. My gut is to say don't tell her.... it won't happen again and meant nothing. Also, the fact is the person you kissed is a flatmate!! You chose to kiss someone your gf knows you will be seeing regularly - and probably the next time you are drunk. This is going to raise a whole lot of anxiety for her!! Understandable.

You are an honest person and being that you feel you need to tell her is good and admirable. As others have said I hope she hears your regret and appreciates your honesty and I hope you two can work through this and move forward. Again, being it was with a flatmate is going to make this whole thing much more difficult.

Let us know what you ultimately decide to do. Good life lesson...... don't allow yourself to get so drunk you loose control - it can have dire consequences. Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    This might come across as calculated and manipulative. If you're going to tell her, buy her a nice gift, something she'll really like. Take her for a fancy meal. Come home and massage her. Open a bottle of wine. When she's a little tipsy and thinks you're the best boyfriend in the world, tell her 'I've something I need to own up to. I got drunk and did a stupid thing I deeply regret etc' Hopefully she'll be more receptive and forgiving than just bleating it out cold.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you do, don't blame the drink - that will not help. Take full responsibility for your actions. That's all you can do.
    I don't agree with Pharma at all on this one.

ReputationRep:
    Why did you kiss another person?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you need to be honest with her.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.