Going for first drink at pub

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    As someone who's been turned away from loads of bars, and clubs, i can assure you that i am right in what i just said.
    Well if you're assuring me then you must be right :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    As someone who's been turned away from loads of bars, and clubs, i can assure you that i am right in what i just said.
    I think that says more about you than it does about the way pubs run.
    You can't generalise all pubs based on that fact you are often refused service.
    I have never known anyone not to be served in a pub other than for being under 18.

ReputationRep:
    First time I went drinking, I ended up shouting at a toilet and kept telling everyone (even strangers) how much I loved them xD

ReputationRep:
    Some pubs won't serve you unless you are 21. And you have to look confident when ordering, if you want to get served/ okay?
    Sorry, I forgot to say in my ramble that you have to not look like a tit at the bar, lest you not be served.

Thanks for the backup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oZombiex2)
    Thanks for your rather unique way of delivering advice.
    No ****ing problem, you ****ing **** ******** ****ing **** **** **** ****er.

How was the pub visit, just out of curiosity?

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you don't order anything that tastes nice it's not manly.
    So no kopperburg, no ginger beer, no fancy cocktail or alcopop and nothing with the word light in the name.

Maybe try a pint of Guinness its a meal and drink in one.**

ReputationRep:
    Just ask for a bottle of budweiser, or a pint of carling or heineken or carlsberg or any larger. Don't have stout unless you want to be ill. Probably best to save the jagerbombs until your second time out. You will probably get drunk after one or two pints, so it is best to leave it at that, unless you want to act the big man to impress the lady. Either way it is up to you. Also it may be best to let her order the drinks, because they may ask for id if you don't look like you are 21, and plus they have the right to refuse to serve you. Especially if you don't know what you are doing, okay?! thanks
    Most of the time it's if you look under 25 these days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bones-mccoy)
    Most of the time it's if you look under 25 these days
    I thought it was that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by INTit)
    Make sure you don't order anything that tastes nice it's not manly.
    So no kopperburg, no ginger beer, no fancy cocktail or alcopop and nothing with the word light in the name.

Maybe try a pint of Guinness its a meal and drink in one.**
    Just get a jagerbomb and call me fin. Please don't order a guiness whatever you do!

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was that!
    Yeah, you see those badges bartenders have to wear and the signs that are like "don't be offended if you look under 25 and we ask you for ID blah blah blah", I know we have an "under 25" policy at my work

ReputationRep:
    As a man of the night (and a man on the town oi oi), I can safely say that, while she will not exactly laugh in your face for ordering a lager, she will forever judge you for it and never wish to get close to your dirty larger-drinking prick. Instead, I would recommend an old trick I learned up in Coventry: slip the barman a 20 quid note and ask him for a "old twist round the back". Don't worry, as an ex-barman, we all know what this means. He'll bring you some hard stuff that will make sure you get some serious go-time with that hottie.

No need to thank me, I do this for the good of the people.

MEG

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.