The Student Room Group

Why do south asians act white

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
It totally depends on what kind of person you are talking about.

Being accused of acting white certainly has is levels.

I've been accused of it and I admit to no such thing, I'm so proud of my culture and so comfortable with who I am. The reason I was accused of it is because I speak out (respectfully, never ever disrespectfully) about certain things that aren't quite right in our culture, or perhaps I am less traditional and people take issue with that and call me "white washed" but I think thats just them being narrow minded.

I know there are people that are completely disrespectful about their culture, ashamed of their parents dress sense, ashamed of their language (so much so they refuse to speak punjabi etc even at home to their parents), they are racist to their race and I find those kind of people intolerable.

On the flip side, there are also people that may just be "a little too proud" that disrespect other cultures and races.

So basically, what I'm saying is, everyone is annoying :-D

You know I actually agree with you. I wasn't talk about about people who had no idea of their culture. I was talking about people who knew their culture and mocked it.

You are right.(:
bc they want to...
Original post by 0to100
nah why do some south asians act road
they know their abba or whatever you call it will kill them if they're out too late :rolleyes:

Is what I was about to say. South Asians massively try to act like Jamaican gangsters.
Maybe they can't relate as well? Especially if they're like 3rd/4th generation
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I hear you. My mum and dad never taught me Sinhala or spoke it around me. Fastforward 25 years, and my mum gets cross with me and/or embarrassed everytime we visit relatives and I can't join in/follow the conversations around me :rolleyes:

ur sinhala, im tamil, **** den this is not rite
Original post by MemeworksStudios
Is what I was about to say. South Asians massively try to act like Jamaican gangsters.

ikr
Original post by 0to100
they know their abba or whatever you call it will kill them if they're out too late :rolleyes:

bruv and wat if they act road
u got a problem g
Original post by I Don't Know 79
bruv and wat if they act road
u got a problem g

oh hush lol
Original post by 0to100
oh hush lol

fam dont tell me to hush g
dont think ur hard
I prefer to be part of British society rather than my Asian roots. I've lived my whole life here so I have a bigger connection to the British way of life and therefore act more 'white' than Asian. Obviously my ethnicity will always be Asian and I'm proud of that too but I do think that it's better to assimilate into British culture rather than keep your own culture in this country. It's a lot easier to just act British.

Personally I don't like Asian music or films or clothes anyway. I prefer American films and music and normal clothes.
dont think ur hard

oh hush lol
Original post by 0to100
oh hush lol

stfu u pric*
dont think ur hard

when panjeet forgets he's not black
stfu u pric*

oh hush lol

:rofl:

loooolll i dont have to be black g
i prefer to stay how i am
In the part of the world that encourages freedom of individualism; everyone is allowed to be their own person. Especially when they are not educated by their parents and instead take from the rich or unfortunately poor surroundings around them.
I'm not South Asian, but I probably act more English than Indian. I've lived here all my life, how else do you expect me to act? I'm not going to put wearing Asian clothes now am I, but that doesn't mean I'm trying to act "white". It's how and where I've been brought up.
Original post by 0to100
You're referring to last night aren't you? :P I read the posts:wink:
loooolll i dont have to be black g
i prefer to stay how i am

:cry2:

Nah I'm just messing with you, but the roadman thing is a bit weird.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by hamza772000
You're referring to last night aren't you? :P I read the posts:wink:

There's more to life than tsr even though and I see wana be asian roadmen all the time in real life. Even other Asians laugh at them. So its gonna be like that on here too.

Quick Reply

Latest