Sheffield vs Durham vs Lancaster vs Manchester university

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyhacker123)
    Oh okay is alot going on in campus? Is it lively?
    How do you like freshers week? Are there games or what happens in freshers week?
    Yeah, there's always loads of people about and things going on. It's a big place.

I'm dying of alcohol poisoning but it's great. There's an introvert alternative to most of the fun stuff, like indoor games nights vs bar crawls. Most nights have been lots of drinking, though. The bars are amazing.

If you come here, go Furness. Everywhere else is nowhere.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester is probably the best one. It's good a great reputation, plus there's loads to do in Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prostheticzeta)
    go on the website - https://unistats.direct.gov.uk/

you can compare the two universities and their courses and it will show their teaching methods and compare so you can see which one is the most appropriate for you
    Much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexFam)
    Yeah, there's always loads of people about and things going on. It's a big place.

I'm dying of alcohol poisoning but it's great. There's an introvert alternative to most of the fun stuff, like indoor games nights vs bar crawls. Most nights have been lots of drinking, though. The bars are amazing.

If you come here, go Furness. Everywhere else is nowhere.
    Damn that's good! Are there any international students? If so, most of them are from what country?

ReputationRep:
    Damn that's good! Are there any international students? If so, most of them are from what country?
    Yeah tonnes of them. I'm living with two Americans atm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexFam)
    Yeah tonnes of them. I'm living with two Americans atm.
    Ohh okay! What were your other choices other than lancaster?

ReputationRep:
    Ohh okay! What were your other choices other than lancaster?
    Durham, Bath, Southampton and Portsmouth (kinda the token one). I got offers from all 5 of my choices and put Lancaster as my firm and Bath as my insurance. Bath is my hometown, so I was impartial to staying there.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.