Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

The Legend of Zelda Discussion Thread

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The GameBoy games (GameBoy and GB Colour I might add) are the ones I've never really gotten around to playing, played the GBA ones and onward though.

ReputationRep:
    https://youtu.be/LzU9uROeMB4

ReputationRep:
    Hnnnnnnnnnnggg

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    Hnnnnnnnnnnggg

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know right? This Zelda game looks so atmospheric and gorgeous, and it's nice to see there are villages - so many people complained that the Treehouse didn't show off any villages, and this trailer addresses that. It's also nice to see new places, not just the Plateau, and teasing some of the major characters! I can't wait!!!

ReputationRep:
    I've watched that trailer loads of times already and it just looks superb.

I'm on board with one of the theories that the trailer is split between two time periods as well, in one you have Link before he was put in the shrine of resurrection (master sword in good condition, no Sheikah slate). Also two different looking females, ones obviously Zelda (the one Link bows to) and the other could be Zelda but in the current day after link has been reawakened.

Also it has dogs, I wonder if people without the Wolf Link Amiibo can fight alongside a dog instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbo-92)
    I've watched that trailer loads of times already and it just looks superb.

I'm on board with one of the theories that the trailer is split between two time periods as well, in one you have Link before he was put in the shrine of resurrection (master sword in good condition, no Sheikah slate). Also two different looking females, ones obviously Zelda (the one Link bows to) and the other could be Zelda but in the current day after link has been reawakened.

Also it has dogs, I wonder if people without the Wolf Link Amiibo can fight alongside a dog instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Oh, wow, that's a neat theory. Personally I think the second figure is Impa, as her outfit is similar to Skyward Sword I suppose.

Yeah, the Shepard dog seems to walk in the same way that Wolf Link does when he trots beside him.

ReputationRep:
    Nice intro. Is this an announcement of a new Zelda game? can't remember to see that before. Seems to be a fusion between Windwaker and Twilight Princess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Nice intro. Is this an announcement of a new Zelda game? can't remember to see that before. Seems to be a fusion between Windwaker and Twilight Princess.
    You haven't see footage of Breath of the Wild before? Gasp! I wish I could go back and re-experience the first time I saw Breath of the Wild footage. It really blew me away.

It's gonna be on the Wii U and Switch so uh, yeah. There's a lot more trailers and a huge livestream if you're interested.

ReputationRep:

First Switch footage of Zelda Breath of The Wild, looks a lot smoother than the Wii U footage we have seen recently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena64)
    You haven't see footage of Breath of the Wild before? Gasp! I wish I could go back and re-experience the first time I saw Breath of the Wild footage. It really blew me away.

It's gonna be on the Wii U and Switch so uh, yeah. There's a lot more trailers and a huge livestream if you're interested.
    Could look for them, if I am pleasured. At the moment, I am happy tp get a rest. That is why I guess it will still last some days til watching another trailers.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone played A Link to the Past? I'm playing it now and I'll be honest I've slipped into using a guide but if you don't use a guide how do you complete this game? Feel like there's a lack of direction about what to do next? Or am I missing something..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Anyone played A Link to the Past? I'm playing it now and I'll be honest I've slipped into using a guide but if you don't use a guide how do you complete this game? Feel like there's a lack of direction about what to do next? Or am I missing something..
    Do you mean the SNEs game? yeah, have played it a long time ago. I was always failed to come to the swamp temple in underweorld. Without a guide, it is wuite difficult to come into.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Do you mean the SNEs game? yeah, have played it a long time ago. I was always failed to come to the swamp temple in underweorld. Without a guide, it is wuite difficult to come into.
    Yes the SNES one. Dunno if it's been re-released on gameboys etc.

Started it but not gotten that far - just the first two pendants.

Just feels like they don't really give many hints. Ocarina of Time was the first one I played and there were always people around who directed you to the next stage and you always had Navi the annoying fairy to remind you too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Yes the SNES one. Dunno if it's been re-released on gameboys etc.

Started it but not gotten that far - just the first two pendants.

Just feels like they don't really give many hints. Ocarina of Time was the first one I played and there were always people around who directed you to the next stage and you always had Navi the annoying fairy to remind you too.
    My first Zelda game was Links' awakening for Game boy, if I can remember me well. Oh yeah, this sticks in my mind up to this day. Trying to say what has to come next every minute in a game. This accompanient in form of a fairy ruined an awesome game a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Some concept art of BOTW Link was shown on Facebook the other day:

ReputationRep:

This screenshot was revealed recently... does it confirmed Beedle the merchant from TWW and SS?

ReputationRep:
    So the Nintendo Switch Presentation was today in the early hours of 4, and we got some Zelda BotW news!
    Here are the trailers.

New amiibo for the BotW line have been unveiled as well:

ReputationRep:
    Zelda has gone full anime in that trailer and i love it! xD

ReputationRep:
    I'm so excited for BotW! May have cried at the trailer yesterday...I'm just so excited. Still no news of the Wii U release date/preorder from Nintendo, so I preordered from Game today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena64)
    (...)

New amiibo for the BotW line have been unveiled as well:

Hey, they are looking very nice, really. Like the figures. And by the way the animation of brath of the wind is awesome.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.