Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

12th October: Is the internet the first place you go when you're ill?

ReputationRep:
    All the time, i google my symptoms almost everyday. When i'm convined i have an illness i book an appointment with the GP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JuliahMusic)
    I'm actually not registered with a gp because I'm 25 but still live with my parents but they haven't registered me... so been relying on Google, WebMD and stuff I can buy at a pharmacy. I know I sound really bad
    Lol you're 25 but relying on your parents to register you. Irrelevant of whether you live with them you can register yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Yup
    A thorough search for my symptoms and then the doctors for confirmation.

Although I usually just come here nowadays

ReputationRep:
    My dad's a doctor so I don't have to worry about appointments or other stuff.

ReputationRep:
    No but the I sometimes use the internet to see what the symptoms could be of, so that I can go to the GP for treatment

ReputationRep:
    When I am ill, I go to the doctor to get a diagnosis for my illness. The internet cannot substitue the experience of a doctor who I trust. I may looking for my illness in the internet, but it is highely unreliable, as I have not the knowledge of a doctor to judge and to recognize it. So I am not capable of giving a diagnosis, unless I am a doctor.

I always buy my medicine in a chemist's, just because there are people who may give me good advices and have not to wait till it is delivered.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 24, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Useful resources
Radio 1 - The Surgery

Welcome to the official BBC Radio 1: The Surgery forum. This forum is a chance for you to ask your questions and join the discussion here, you may even get a chance to get involved live on air.

Listen to the show live here

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.